Classics

yes of course she will be joining our discussions(im making her!!!LMAO! she will probably read this and think im pyscho which is true!LOL!hopefully she will join!)

and yah!!thanks btvaughn, im working on it now as we speak! oo i found a name i'll have to pm it to ya!

nance said:
VICKIIII you did it AGAIN!! you called briget-- btvaughn!!! :rotflmao:
AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:
i have known her for so long as btvaughn its just habit..
BRIDGET BRIDGET BRIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like Bridget Jone's diary!!like my neice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come on vicki!!!REMEMBER!!!!!! :angry:

sorry bridget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :confused: forgive me?!

^.^ I'm back again!! Hey, I think I fit in pretty well, too. Lots of people crazy about reading (and just plain crazy) just like me! YAY! :D :lol:

Oh! Oh! Let's talk about The Golden Compass and His Dark Materials series! It's going to be a classic, I just know it. It was as popular in England as Harry Potter was/is! I can't wait until the movie comes out...they've just started production of it. Philip Pullman is a pure genius!

Hey Vicki...because I'm lazy and will probably forget to ask you at lunch tomorrow...have you read it? We've probably talked about it, or I've probably asked you about it, but I forget. :( You know I have a pile of books up in my room that I really have to return to literary circle...hehe.

Amy...are you calling me crazy, just b/c I'm in the insano family? Hmmmm? Well, ok you are and you're right!

But really, what's the Golden Compass series about?

Amy Tippin said:
^.^ I'm back again!! Hey, I think I fit in pretty well, too. Lots of people crazy about reading (and just plain crazy) just like me! YAY! :D :lol:

Oh! Oh! Let's talk about The Golden Compass and His Dark Materials series! It's going to be a classic, I just know it. It was as popular in England as Harry Potter was/is! I can't wait until the movie comes out...they've just started production of it. Philip Pullman is a pure genius!

Hey Vicki...because I'm lazy and will probably forget to ask you at lunch tomorrow...have you read it? We've probably talked about it, or I've probably asked you about it, but I forget. :( You know I have a pile of books up in my room that I really have to return to literary circle...hehe.
lmao!!!no i havent read it amy! if you see this before you go to school tomorow bring it for me and i'll add it to my long long long list of summer reading!LMAO!!!

and i know, i have at least ten books i need to return!LOL
i go through books at asuch a rapid speed i just forget to return them(sadly i have a libary fine of 6 dollars!Lol!)

btvaughn said:
Amy...are you calling me crazy, just b/c I'm in the insano family? Hmmmm? Well, ok you are and you're right!

But really, what's the Golden Compass series about?
lol anyone in the insano family is crazy i mean our name is insano!LMAO! and did you see my post on the other page...i called ya btvaugn again, nance "yelled" at me!LMAO!!!!!!!!! :lol: sorry! ^_^

Victoria King said:
nance said:
VICKIIII you did it AGAIN!! you called briget-- btvaughn!!! :rotflmao:
AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:
i have known her for so long as btvaughn its just habit..
BRIDGET BRIDGET BRIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like Bridget Jone's diary!!like my neice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come on vicki!!!REMEMBER!!!!!! :angry:

sorry bridget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :confused: forgive me?!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I completely missed it....you're forgiven auntie vic!!! How could I not?

And I can't wait to read your pm on the story!

thanks BRIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!
and im working on it!i had to take a break from it to work on dreaded hmk!(only one more week of school....think happy thoughts!)

::looks at watch at taps toes on ground:: I'm waiting!
No really, I completely understand Vic...I should be studying right now...just tell me whenever!

Amy Tippin said:
I read the Golden Compass a loooong time ago, and I've completely forgotten what it's about. But I know that I liked it! :P Wasn't there a little pet/spirit/whatchamacallit that every person had. And there were people who were trying to take them away? Or am I just insane?

kate_jones said:
I read the Golden Compass a loooong time ago, and I've completely forgotten what it's about. But I know that I liked it! :P Wasn't there a little pet/spirit/whatchamacallit that every person had. And there were people who were trying to take them away? Or am I just insane?
No, kate_jones, you're right! The little pet/spirit things are called daemons, and they're like a reflection of your spirit/personality. I like thinking about what animal my daemon would be...::Ponder::
But yes, in the story the villains are trying to "cut" the daemons away from the children. :( It's been awhile since I've read the book...I need to read it again!

No problem, Vicki! I'll bring the book in to school tomorrow! ^.^ It's actually sitting upstairs in my room right now. Somewhere. LOL.
That reminds me to go look for "Poisonwood Bible". I swear I have it around here somewhere!

Has anyone read Mark Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"? I just started it...

::Hugs her new family:: I love you all! (^.^) And Vicki...sister dear...did you remember to take your ginko biloba this morning? ;) :P

Okay I'm going by classics I have read, and I haven't read that many, cuz I'm just in Gr.9, so someday I hope to be a little more well read, anyway:

Children's Classics:
Little House on The Prairie books
The Secret Garden
A Little Princess
Anne of Green Gables
Emily of New Moon
The Dog who Wouldn't Be
Jake and the Kid
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlotte's Web
Sarah Plain and Tall
Treasure Island

Adult Classics:
Frankenstein
Roots
Animal Farm
The way we Live Now
Jane Eyre
Macbeth
Romeo+Juliette
Twelfth Night
Hamlet
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Angela's Ashes
The Raven
Interview with the Vampire
The Princess Bride
His Dark Materials trilogy

I'm currenlty reading Daphne Du Maurier's REBECCA, which I also think is a classic.
These are the books I hope to read this year, that I consider to be classics:
Uncle Tom's Cabin
Lonesome Dove
The Grapes of Wrath
Dracula
Pride and Prejudice
The Strange Caste of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde
Les Miserables
A Tale of two Cities
The Scarlet Letter

There are a lot more! But those are all I could think of.

Here are just a couple:
Anything by Shakespeare, Mark Twain, or John Steinbeck
To Kill A Mockingbird
A Prayer for Owen Meany
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
The Color Purple
LOTR Trilogy and Harry Potter (Pop-classics)
A Lesson Before Dying
The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Little Alters Everywhere
The Bell Jar
The Great Gatsby
The Crucible

Back