Claymation Science Heroes Wallace And Gromit Are Coming Back!

Robby

Helper Bot
[img2=left]http://io9.com/assets/images/io9/2008/06/wg2.jpg[/img2]The most intrepid space explorers and monster-fighters ever to be made of clay are coming back to our screens later this year, and they've built "robotic kneading arms" to help with their bakery business. The first images from the next Wallace And Gromit short, "A Matter Of Loaf And Death," went online & and they showcase a new character. Could Wallace be getting a love interest? Click through for filthy, filthy clay spoilers.

Meet Piella Bakewell, Wallace's new (gasp!) girlfriend. She looks sort of cute, in a bleach-blonde Marge Simpson way. And I bet she's pretty good at baking pies. Here's the plot synopsis for the new W+G, which returns to the half-hour format that launched our heroes:
Wallace and Gromit have a brand new business. The conversion of 62 West Wallaby Street is complete and impressive, the whole house is now a granary with ovens and robotic kneading arms. Huge mixing bowls are all over the place and everything is covered with a layer of flour. On the roof is a ‘Wallace patent-pending’ old-fashioned windmill. The transformation is perfect.

Although business is booming, Gromit is concerned by the news that 12 local bakers have ‘disappeared’ this year – but Wallace isn’t worried. He’s too distracted and ‘dough-eyed’ in love with local beauty and bread enthusiast, Piella Bakewell, to be of much help.

While they enjoy being the ‘Toast of the Town’, Gromit, with his master’s life in jeopardy, must be the sleuth and solve the escalating murder mystery - in what quickly becomes a ‘Matter of Loaf and Death’.
Once again, the new Wallace and Gromit is co-written by Bob Baker, who wrote many of the weirdest Doctor Who episodes in the 1970s (and created K-9 the robot dog.) I wonder what scifi elements, besides those robot arms, we'll see this time around. Past installments have included cyber-pants, a moon rocket, a bizarre rabbit-capturing device... and the dreaded Were-Rabbit! [Wallace And Gromit, via Cinema Gaslight]

(Via IO9)

I love the Wallace and Gromit shorts! The full-length Curse of the WereRabbit was a great movie (the little rabbits still make me laugh every time I see it).

Back