Cleric vs. Healer

Daax

Cadet
I know there isn't any information on these job classes yet, so I don't expect any developers to answer my question but maybe I could get some opinions from you guys.

What do you think the difference is between Cleric and Healer? In my MMORPG experience Clerics were healers.

Normally a cleric heals with devine powers of prayer. A healer heals from the power nature not from a devine source. Therefore a cleric usually only needs prayer to heal and a healer needs potions, plants or somesuch. At least that is my take on the difference.

They posted an MMORPG article on this. You can find the article below.

HEROSHALL.COM

Basically. Healers heal, and Clerics buff, and kill undead.

Playing a cleric or a healer never really was my style..but I assume they'll have healers be the ones with all the ubar buffs (like a Priest in WoW) and a cleric be a battle/spiritual type class similar to the Paladin in WoW.

Originally posted by Shadow001@May 10 2006, 09:38 PM
Playing a cleric or a healer never really was my style..but I assume they'll have healers be the ones with all the ubar buffs (like a Priest in WoW) and a cleric be a battle/spiritual type class similar to the Paladin in WoW.
Couldn't we assume that their will be a class called Paladin? Possibly a Warrior/Healer. Remember in the article posted today that the names change as your class combination changes.

Try 60+ classes.

Back