Politics Cloning

I'm not sure about cloning humans, I think maybe just one time to prove that we can, but as far as like, parents cloning their dead children and such, that's just weird. But I do think that it can be beneficial, and useful, like cloning rats that are used for experimentation and such.

AlohaSpy said:
I'm not sure about cloning humans, I think maybe just one time to prove that we can, but as far as like, parents cloning their dead children and such, that's just weird. But I do think that it can be beneficial, and useful, like cloning rats that are used for experimentation and such.
Yeah but it's to find things that help people live longer. If we get rid of all these natural causes of death, there's gonna be over population, and there might be Law where anyone over 95 has to erm..yeah. Well I would be dead by then. Or maybe we'll have one of those "one child per couple" things...

I'm against human cloning, that gets into some scary stuff.

But I am for cloning blood and organs to help save people's lives. That technology could produce a world of good...so I'm okay with that, as long as we don't get into cloning humans.

yea, like some other people said. cloning scares me.

what i've always wondered is if the person who's cloned has the memories of the original. or if they're a blank slate. and also if you cloned someone who died, if they remember dying. but i hope that we never know, because to know would involve cloning someone.

I'd like a clone of Jennifer Garner, but thats another discussion.

Once they can grow organs through nanotechnology, this will be a pointless disctussion.

Osiris said:
yea, like some other people said.  cloning scares me.

what i've always wondered is if the person who's cloned has the memories of the original.  or if they're a blank slate.  and also if you cloned someone who died, if they remember dying.  but i hope that we never know, because to know would involve cloning someone.
[post="1363123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think anyone really knows. There's a movie that deals with this, "Godsend". The parents have their son killed, and then clone him. Once he reaches the age of 9 (the age at which the original son died) he begins to have flashbacks and nightmares of what happened to him when he died. Creepy and weird movie.

From the research they've done and such, I do believe that it would pretty much be a blank slate, memory wise...but since we've only cloned animals, that can't be determined. It has been shown that cloned animals age a lot quicker as well.

It has been shown that cloned animals age a lot quicker as well.

yeah, Dolly was suffering from Arthritis at a young age, poor sheep ;)

Against cloning people. There are enough problems in this world with real people as it is...
But I don't think it can be stopped, I just hope I won't be around anymore by then ;)

what i've always wondered is if the person who's cloned has the memories of the original. or if they're a blank slate. and also if you cloned someone who died, if they remember dying. but i hope that we never know, because to know would involve cloning someone.
:confused: I think it can be said, with much confidence, that a clone would not have the memories of the original. I mean, cloning is pure genetics.. and memories aren't genetic. In theory, it's the same as twins.. and twins have two completely separate lives; devoid of the other's thoughts/memories. So.. yeah.. blank slate ;)

As for me, I think cloning shows a lot of promise, but I'm waiting for the success rate to drastically improve. I, too, think it's something that is inevitable.. so I'm just along for the ride. :cool:

ahhh....i just don't think it's a good idea. I mean....I,robot, Star Wars attack of the clones? ringing any bells? :smiley: anyways yeah i just don't think it's the best idea....i mean what's the point? what good will it do? Then again how much harm will it do?

When it comes to cloning organs, I'm for it but not humans. The Earth is already overpopulated why do we need more people??? There are health risks and the clone itself. I wouldn't blame for feeling disconnected considering that they were made in a lab and a double of someone else.

Back