Sci-Fi Cloud Atlas

An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution.
Cloud Atlas (2012) - IMDb

Great movie, highly recommend it! It is directed by the same directors of the Matrix series.

I had a chance to watch this finally; sort of a weird mind trip but that is to be expected a from The Wachowskis.

There are four distinct stories being told that end up being interwoven over time, a bit like movies such as Memento, with the distinction of being Cloud Atlas is spread out over centuries rather than a day. Each story on its own would make for a compelling drama on its own and when combined with small details, such as the same location being shown in different settings or a reference to a classic sci-fi movie ;), that overlap each other you start to really get drawn in to how it is really one story that is being told.

If you have an chance to watch it be sure to wait for the end credits to see which actors played which parts, especially the gender crossing roles.

Oh, and as somebody who loves his dog...... No, not the dog! :cry:

I saw this film recently and found it too long for me and slightly mind messing. Although it was a good movie and yes I enjoyed watching the credits roll.

Back