Animation CodeMonkeys - An Underestimated Gem

LatinumHeart

Quirky Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Just wanted to let you guys know there is a cool little cartoon circulating around the G4 network. I never heard of it until my boyfriend insisted I watch it. I don't know much about computers or the computer age (horrible I know) but he does. I know of computers from the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley and other shows about Steve Jobs and the start up of Apple.

Apparently, this show takes place in the late 80's and follows the antics of the employees of GamerVision. But what strikes me is how closely they base some of their storylines on events that actually happened. Such as the failed "ET" game tragedy that had millions of copies made and then dumped in a landfill because it did so badly. Or how, some of the writers of games got mad at Atari for not putting their name on the box and not acknowledging them and left to make their own game company. Stupid Atari! All you had to do was acknowledge your employees, maybe then you wouldn't have gone under!

Anyway, I don't think the show has any new episodes because it wasn't picked up. But I think it is hilarious! And the way they set up the episodes is really, really cool which got me hooked. It's like being INSIDE an actual video game! With health, lives, and everything. If you have Netflix, I suggest you watch at least one episode. It is worth it!

tumblr_lnimkz0LBP1qkym6mo1_500.jpg

I have to check it out. I enjoy entertainment that kind of makes fun of previous decades or takes place in another time.

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a cool little cartoon circulating around the G4 network. I never heard of it until my boyfriend insisted I watch it. I don't know much about computers or the computer age (horrible I know) but he does. I know of computers from the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley and other shows about Steve Jobs and the start up of Apple.

Apparently, this show takes place in the late 80's and follows the antics of the employees of GamerVision. But what strikes me is how closely they base some of their storylines on events that actually happened. Such as the failed "ET" game tragedy that had millions of copies made and then dumped in a landfill because it did so badly. Or how, some of the writers of games got mad at Atari for not putting their name on the box and not acknowledging them and left to make their own game company. Stupid Atari! All you had to do was acknowledge your employees, maybe then you wouldn't have gone under!

Anyway, I don't think the show has any new episodes because it wasn't picked up. But I think it is hilarious! And the way they set up the episodes is really, really cool which got me hooked. It's like being INSIDE an actual video game! With health, lives, and everything. If you have Netflix, I suggest you watch at least one episode. It is worth it!

tumblr_lnimkz0LBP1qkym6mo1_500.jpg

Just watched my first episode of Code Monkeys. You're right, it is hilarious! I think Todd is a hoot. Also like the guy (character name escapes me now), who comes into a scene and sings his entire dialogue. Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. :D

I know funny right! They get better and weirder! I think the gay guy is the one who comes out and sings his lines. I don't really remember his name either. But it gets really good. I must have watched the whole first season in a week. Glad you enjoyed it :smiley: