Sci-Fi Cold Lazarus

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
Title: Cold Lazarus

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 1996-05-26

Creator: Dennis Potter

Cast: Albert Finney, Carmen Ejogo, Ciarán Hinds, Keeley Hawes, Rupert Penry-Jones, Rupert Penry-Jones, Diane Ladd, Frances de la Tour, Henry Goodman, Saffron Burrows, Grant Masters, Ganiat Kasumu, Rob Brydon, Anna Chancellor

Overview: The year is 2368 and a group of scientists are on the brink of a major breakthrough as they begin to tap into the memory of a man who died in the 1990s.
Cold Lazarus

This is one of the greatest science fiction movies I have ever seen - an epic/classic of adult thinking man's science fiction.

It was broadcast as a four part mini-series by the BBC in 1996.

I've been trying to find it for months and could not - Today I found it listed for free on YouTube - Don't try to search for it you need the right link.

Here is a link to the YouTube page:
www.youtube.com...

And here is the actual video on YouTube:

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE

If anybody was wondering what it's about, here's the description from the YouTube page....
In Cold Lazarus, we find the cryogenically stored brain of Daniel Freed trapped in a future world where scientists gather to watch his projected memories. Under pressure from rival corporate interests, the scientists fall victim to the tricks that memory can play, picking at threads as they try to comprehend how personal histories are written - and can be rewritten. As elements of truth and fiction explosively intertwine, will the mind of Daniel Feeld finally be set free?
I had not heard of or seen this before, thanks @AlienView for the links! :smiley: I wonder if we can convince BBC America to go through the old BBC UK archives and rebroadcast some of the older genre stuff.... :D

Well now that we know where to find it besides YouTube has anyone seen it ?

And what do you think of it? - I could not stop watching it - watched all four episodes in one sitting.

Potter had terminal cancer when this came out and that short clip at the beginning of episode 1 on YouTube
is fact. I had never herd of him before but apparently he is well known.

The prequel to this movie/series was a film called Karaoke which supposedly showed the main character
before his head was frozen - Anyone see that one? - Is it also worth watching?

"ScienceFictionalism - the way of the Future"