COLDPLAY-FANS?

Dude, I haven't been in this thread forever, which means that I haven't been able to announce my lovely news! I get to go see them in concert in Sacramento January 30th with one of my best friends (my good ol' one that also is obsessed with Alias). I'm so excited!

Wow, thats fantastic, let us know all the scoop! Thats a lot sooner then it might seem!!

I just got my tickets in the mail for March 19th in Milwaukee, CANNOT wait!!

I love the Talk video. it's so crazy funn. :lol:

I found this interview with them... it cracks me up

K/B: Did you guys foresee as much success when you started? Did you feel like it was gonna happen, or are you as surprised as everybody else might be?
Chris: We...we always knew we were the next American Idol.

K/B: Is there a level of success that you'd be uncomfortable with, or are you not there yet?
Chris: We're not Shania Twain yet, you know?

K/B: Everyone knows you're lipsinking at this point in your concerts, for instance.
Chris: Exactly. As long as our choreography works, it's cool.
K/B: As long as the dances look good.

K/B: You've been doing quite some new songs over the course of the tour, which is gotta make it more interesting for you...too.
Chris: Yeah...for U2 and for us.

K/B: How many new have you got?
Chris: Good ones or bad ones?
K/B: Good ones.
Chris: We've probably got about half a good one. And fifteen rubbish.

[there's some buzzing sound in the background]
Chris: [little annoyed] Can we turn that off...what's that? ... Oh it's me, sorry. As usual. Sorry about that.
K/B: He's yelling at himself now.

K/B: Have you guys ever run into a real writer's block, where nothing came?
Chris: Occasionally, you know. Some people think we've never got out of it.

K/B: Hey, I saw in the "Rolling Stone" that you and your dad used to listen to Michael Jackson's "Bad", Chris.
Chris: Yeah...we used to drive on the way to the school in the morning, and Michael Jackson would be singing: [tries to do a Jackson-kind-of-voice] "Are you okay, are you okay, are you okay". And my dad would say "Well, he never gives you a chance to answer!" That's actually what he used to say...[is laughing himself too now]. It's funny the first time, but not the ninetieth...every morning he's cracked this damn joke.

Fan: Hi, my name is Joanne. And I...
Chris: Hi Joanne.
Fan: Hi. I'm just wondering, growing up in Liverpool, did The Beatles have any influence on your music?
Chris [laughs]: Haha...are you asking us that question?
Fan: Yes.
Chris: We, we...I didn't go to Liverpool until I was 24.
K/B: But you were a immature 24-year-old...
Chris: But Jonny grew up near Liverpool...
Jonny: Yeah, yeah...I went to Liverpool when I was about 12, I think...once.
Chris: How was it?
Jonny: It...it was nice, you know.

K/B: I noticed that you've got...I assumed there're your guys with video cameras everywhere. Are you doing anything with this? Is this for your personal use, FBI most wanted list...what are we taping here?
Chris: We're making a film called "Dude, where's my guitar".

[after talking about a letter that has been handed to Chris from someone in the audience]
K/B: A lot of ladies into your man Guy here, too, by the way, I don't mind telling. He's got quite a fanclub here in the audience [you hear people cheering somewhere in the back]
Chris: He's certainly...haha. Guy, uh...we have to translate for Guy, he's half asleep: A lot of ladies here for you.
K/B: Yeah, he's very dreamy.

K/B: Do you have a dynamic in the band where everybody gets a vote and if one guy says "no", then that's it?
Chris: Totally.
K/B: Oh really? 'Cause that seems like...there could be times, when it's three to one and that's gotta hurt.
Chris: Totally. Often with Will, you know. We'd get offered the soundtrack to...I don't know, "Legally Blond 2". And we'll all say yes and Will will say no.

K/B: Hey Chris, do the guys get a vote on who you date?
Chris [laughs quietly a bit]: Next question.

Fan: Hi guys, I'm Jen.
Chris: Hi Jen. "Hi Jen", that sounds a bit like "hygiene". Are you clean?
Fan: Haha...thanks, thanks.
K/B: She smells very nice, yes.
Fan: Thank you. My favourite thing about you guys is, how humble you are. How do you stay grounded?
Chris: Because we're brilliant, that's how we stay grounded.[laughter and clapping] I don't wanna be the only one who's talking, but everyone else's still waking up! Jonny, how do you stay grounded?
Jonny: Uh...I dunno.
Chris: See? It's like getting blood out of a stone, at this time in the morning.

K/B: I made a joke about you went to a therapist, but I mean...Metallica, for instance, last year, they had a group therapist that came in, because they do have a lot of those dynamics issues, that they had to work out after being together for a very long time, to become happy.
Chris: Right.
Jonny: That is funny, though, isn't it?
[suddenly everyone's laughing]
K/B: It is. Metallica sitting on the couch, Lars saying "James doesn't pay enough attention to me!"

[after talking about song meanings and lyrics in general]
K/B: I loved your song "Mellow", you know. That was one of my favourites and then I found out you were singing something else and I was like "Well, that's bogus. That's no good anymore!"
Chris: Exactly.

Chris: I went to my first Bat Mitzvah the other day.
K/B: Yeah? How was that?
Chris: It was cool, you know.
K/B: That's not the one, where the cut off the foreskin, right? That's a different...service altogether.
Chris: That's basically racist, what you just said.

Fan: Hi, my name is Lily. I wanted to tell Jonny that I think you're a great guitar player, and I have a huge crush on you. [people are braying] And also, I wanted to know, how did you get started with the Make Trade Fair campaign?
K/B: Yeah, that's a good question.
[silence]
Jonny: Oh me?
K/B: Yeah, Jonny
Chris [whispering]: She fancies you, Jon.
Jonny: You haven't seen my out clothes. You know, it's really...
Fan: I have...I have!
Chris: Don't you remember last week?
Jonny: That's you ?

K/B: Can you tell the difference from place to place in the audience? Is there a certain part in the world that's different than...here, different than England?
Chris: I mean...France is different, you know. [silence, people start laughing]
K/B: Because?
Chris: Over here they go "Yeah!", over there they go "Oui!" [laughter] That may can tell.

well i've just bought the X&Y songbook so i can learn to play the piano and guitar to the album. Mostly looking forward to teh pianio ones...What If, Fix You and X&Y. YAY!!!!!!!! Apart from that i'm taking a minor brerak from them as they've overloaded my brain and are everywhere too much in britain. Still miss the good old small gigs of 2000.

Didn't say so last week 'cuz I've been busy, but the concert was amazing. Just pure amazing. I loved it.

And another thing. My really obsessed Coldplay and Alias friend Jessica has like all the unreleased songs and she burned a disc for me of them. I love How You See the World. It's so bloody beautiful.

Back