College Football 2004

The Rose Bowl might have been the best game of the college football season so far.

Congratulations to Utah for completing a perfect season. Too bad we won't get to see how they would match up against USC, Oklahoma & Auburn. College Football needs a playoff tournament. Period.

The Rose Bowl was awesome. I was mad Cal didn't get chosen but then they got their asses shoved so I'm not mad anymore. Besides, Michigan and Texas both played great.

That Vince Young is a stud. I was way impressed by him. He is going to be one hell of a player.

Woo hoo! USC! They killed the Sooners. I was so happy they won. Gotta cheer for anyone in the Pac-10. Hello Mr. Leinart, I hope you become a 49er.

GarnerForEmmy said:
Wow!  USC took Oklahoma out behind the woodshed.  Congratulations to the Trojans.
[post="1145043"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
HAHAHA, well said. That game was fun to watch, felt bad for OU though!

I'm happy to see Matt Leinart decide to return to USC next season. It's great to see someone leave the money on the table for a year and come back to play for pride, his school, coach, teammates and friends. It's too bad more athletes don't follow his example.

GarnerForEmmy said:
I'm happy to see Matt Leinart decide to return to USC next season.  It's great to see someone leave the money on the table for a year and come back to play for pride, his school, coach, teammates and friends.  It's too bad more athletes don't follow his example.
[post="1160454"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

there is a risk though:
serious injury
then his nfl stock goes in the toilet
and, in the end, what more is there to
accomplish at the collegiate level-
except of course academics...
a noble exception for student athletes..

mc

mexico city said:
there is a risk though:
serious injury
then his nfl stock goes in the toilet
and, in the end, what more is there to
accomplish at the collegiate level-
except of course academics...
a noble exception for student athletes..

mc
[post="1160661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, there is the possibility of injury. There is also the possibility that he'll get hit by a bus when he steps off the sidewalk. Athletes don't have the thought of injury on their minds, because if they do, they might as well hang it up. Remember, when Miami's Willis McGahee blew his knee out in the Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago, "experts" said a team would be crazy to take a chance on him after that injury. I think Buffalo's pretty happy they took that chance. Leinart is a superb quarterback who will find a home regardless of what happens next season, in my opinion.

Back