College Football 2004

What the University of Florida did to Ron Zook and his coaching staff is complete bush-league. Especially in college athletics, you do not get rid of a coach during the season unless there is some unethical wrongdoing or illegal activity. And now the athletic department says they won't make a decision on a successor until December. That's after the season ends, not counting a bowl game. If this was their intention, keep it under wraps and avoid all this contraversy. And if they were worried about Spurrier getting lured away by someone else, all they needed to do was contact him and let him know their what was going to happen in a month and a half (the firing of Zook). He wouldn't have gone anywhere else. He loves the Florida Gators. Just a classless move by the University of Florida and athletic director Jeremy Foley. Shame on them.

I want a playoff system too...

At least my Heels saved John Bunting's job yesterday...he bleeds Carolina blue and I want him around for a long time!!!!

I have never liked Notre Dame, never will. I take great enjoyment in their losses and their poor seasons. But I will say they had a fantastic coach in Tyrone Willingham and for Board and the athletic administration at Notre Dame to fire him, makes me hate that school even more. If you know anything about college football, you know they did it so they could make an offer to, and in their minds, get Utah head coach, and former ND assistant, Urban Meyer. It pleases me to no end to see that Meyer has chosen to take the head coaching position at the University of Florida and to leave Notre Dame out in the cold, with egg all over their faces and basically screwed. They bet the farm, and lost it. The fact is Notre Dame never gave Willingham a chance, a man who probably would have turned the program around, if only given time. The dome is tarnished and will not shine again for a long, long time. I love it.

Back