College Football

Sarahmañana said:
KateJones47 said:
USC and LSU should play in the Sugar Bowl.
Hell no they shouldn't. the sooners deserve that game just as much as anyone else. its unbelievable...they lose one game and all of a sudden they are the absolute worst team...please. everyone loses from time to time.

we had a bad game and played like felgercarb...but that doesn't mean that we don't "deserve" to go to the sugar bowl. :angry:
OU isn't one of the top two teams in college football

SecretAgentMan said:
the BCS needs to be scrapped.  It's over for computer rankings.
I agree. They should have a playoffs with the top 16 teams as determined by the average of the two polls. But the NCAA refuses to have a playoffs because they think it would "interfere too much with academics"! Puh-lease! If the football schedule doesn't interfere with academics now, how would an extra couple of weeks interfere? The NCAA and the BCS are stupid! :angry:

EDIT: And fear not OU fans, #1 OU plays #2 LSU for the national title. See the rest of the BCS felgercarb here.

SecretAgentMan said:
Sarahmañana said:
KateJones47 said:
USC and LSU should play in the Sugar Bowl.
Hell no they shouldn't. the sooners deserve that game just as much as anyone else. its unbelievable...they lose one game and all of a sudden they are the absolute worst team...please. everyone loses from time to time.

we had a bad game and played like felgercarb...but that doesn't mean that we don't "deserve" to go to the sugar bowl. :angry:
OU isn't one of the top two teams in college football
AHH yes they are!! besides it was a toss up b/t LSU & USC anyway...

we're going and that's all that matters! :smiley:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Miami (Ohio) 49, Louisville 28!</span>
YAY! Miami wins the GMAC Bowl! :D

Oh, I was watching the game on TV, and this one Miami fan held up a sign that said:

Hey TCU,
Exams?
Sounds
Phony
No guts

heehee, if TCU got a BCS bid they would have gone. And Miami and Louisville had exams too!

Anybody else watching the Capitol One Bowl (Georgia v. Purdue) ???

I don't know if Purdue even showed up. We aren't even playing well. It's 14-0 and it's still the first quarter. I hope Purdue gets it together! :angry:

I'm not so sure that it is Purdue not showing up as much as it is Georgia finally playing up to their ability. Georgia's offense hasn't been any sort of good their past couple games and today the "O" is marching up and down the field. They do have a pretty good defense as well. Final score could be 48-10.

Purdue is gonna be lucky if they even score. We are certainly beyond sucky right now!
:banghead: Our defense really needs to get it together!

OMG--- 27-27 OT. there's a chance! there really is a chance to win! I'm praying so hard right now. I hope we win! Go boilers! (y)

Pooey, Miami won! :angry: oh well!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Ohio State 35, Kansas State 28</span>
Yay! :jump:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>USC 28, Michigan 14</span>
Yay! Now LSU just has to beat Oklahoma and the media people in the AP poll have to keep USC on top and I'll be happy with a split national championship! ^_^

C'mon KateJones, give the Hurricanes some love. All I have to say is I love Florida State University kickers, wide right, wide left, right, left, right. Someone at sometime must have put the "whammy" on those poor guys, but boy am I sure glad they did. About the National Championship, it will be split. USC won't drop in the AP poll. USC should be the champions outright. They would beat both OU and LSU if they had the opportunity.

Yes they do. Too bad we can't see USC and LSU lace 'em this weekend for all the marbles. Maybe one day, the NCAA university presidents will come to their senses and have a tournament. Take the top 8 teams and tell them to have at it.

Back