College/ Universities

I started out majoring in Elementary Education, but my sophomore year I decided that wasn't for me, so I swiched over to Social Work and I'll graduate with my bachelors in April. I can't wait to get out!!!

I'm majoring in history, minoring in classical studies and part of the Orientation to Teaching Program.

I go to NIpissing, which was just voted the number one school in Canada for it's education program. (I'm very proud)

I'll be a teacher in 2 1/2 years.

xdancer said:
i sent in my application to UNC Chapel Hill back in November for early decision.  i should really apply to a safety though...
[post="1118869"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Good luck! When do you find out?

I applied for early decision to Vassar for my freshman year. Didn't get in... and I didn't find out until February, and a lot of places already weren't accepting applications.

However, if you do early decision, many colleges lock you, meaning you are not allowed to apply to anywhere else until you hear back from that college. I think this prevents super-overachievers from applying to many schools on early decision.

Existentialist said:
Good luck! When do you find out?

I applied for early decision to Vassar for my freshman year. Didn't get in... and I didn't find out until February, and a lot of places already weren't accepting applications.

However, if you do early decision, many colleges lock you, meaning you are not allowed to apply to anywhere else until you hear back from that college. I think this prevents super-overachievers from applying to many schools on early decision.
[post="1119036"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
thanks. i find out "on or around January 31." i'm not too worried. my grades aren't shabby and i live in NC, so that's an advantage. but still, i am nervous. Carolina isn't binding, but if i get in, i will definitely go there. it's a good school and affordable. *crosses fingers*

I've been looking at some colleges-i've looked at Radford, James Madison, Virginia Tech, St. Francis, and Kentucky.

Anyone know of a mediumish school, well known, has division 1 softball, and close to PA??

rjalias said:
I'm a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and Sociology with emphasis in Law and Society.
[post="1104012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Webmistress Eh? said:
A double major in Criminology and Psychology.
[post="1104839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

^i'm only a junior in high school but i have been thinking about going into one of your guys' majors...what r ur classes like? Where do you go and what do you do in the class? I'm really interested, please let me know (y) :smiley:

I'm just starting the college looking process. Like others here, I love NYC, and Columbia is high on my list, though my math grade this year may end up holding me back (well, that and even if I was getting compleatly straight A's it's fricken hard to get into!). I'm also looking at Barnard and NYU.

And plenty of others...Brown, Vasser, Swarthmore (though I didn't love it when I visited, so I prob. won't apply), Haverford, Berkley, Pomona, Oberlin, Northwestern, Wesleyan, Kenyon, Grinnell, Tufts, the list goes on. I have to do more visiting before I get a real sense of what I like. I know I want to stay away from schools with a huge frat culture (Greek life=not for me), and I like the feel of small librel arts colleges, though I don't want to go TOO small...

Small liberal arts schools are nice... most of them have really pretty campuses... but I went to a school with 2,000 undergrad (and no grad students). And it was WAY too small. The greek life was also huge there, so it really wasn't for me. Marquette has like 6,000 undergrad, and that's a good number for me.

I've been getting info for grad schools lately. Berkeley, UCLA, NYU, Columbia, so far. I'm not sure where I want to go yet (I've got a year to decide). My number 1 school so far is Berkeley, and if I get in, I'll probably also get a law degree as well as the MSW.

Which means 4 years of grad school, not 2. Why I'm doing this to myself, I don't know. :lol:

I go to the University of the Arts in Philladelphia. It's obviously an art school and I am a photography major. It's so different from a regular liberal arts school, and I know this because I spent a year at the University of Delaware before switching my major to art. They were/are both great experiences and even though I don't think I exactly "fit in" at an art school, I'm lovin' it. :smiley:

Back