College/ Universities

don't know where i'm going. or what i'm doing.

applied and got into a bunch of colleges:
some near, some far, some big, some small--just to give me some selection.

it's just a big decision--and i can't make it:(

very scared.

Have you visited any of the campuses?
What kind of activities does each offer?
What are the residences like?

You should consider those questions in your decision.

I'm studying history in Sherbrooke University (Québec/Canada). It's a very good university; the number of student is relatively small, you can join easily your teacher for questions, etc.
It's my fifth (and last) year.

ya, i visited almost all the campuses, and most of them have activities i could get into, and the dorms are all differnet shapes etc. soo much to consider!

When I go to uni in a year and a half (I'm a junior in HS right now), I plan on majoring in Journalism with a minor in either Women's Studies or Political Science. There's quite a few schools I want to go to. There's Columbia University, but I doubt I'll get in. -_- There's this one called Adelphi University, which is a liberal arts college and it's on Long Island. And I'm also thinking about England and possibly Cal Poly.

This thread is amusing. :lol: Anyways...

I really really really really really want to go to Columbia (can't you tell?). But I highly doubt I'll get in. I'm pretty smart, but I bet my science grades and my SAT scores are going to kill me. Columbia has such a great journalism program (I actually found out about Columbia while looking at their newspaper in my journalism class) and yeah. Nay says I can get in. My journalism teacher says if I work hard I can get in. My therapist believes I can get in. I don't know. -_-

There's also a liberal arts college on Long Island- Adelphi University- which sounds really good. It seems small and it has great programs for journalism and a great thing for my possible minor- Women's Studies.

And then there's unis in England that interest me (and no, it's not just because of Nay :blush:).

And finally there's Cal Poly. It's rather funny, it's the only one even remotely close to home. But it's also known as a good liberal arts school (my counselor told me).

I don't know. I have about 6 months until I start applying. I really want to get into Columbia. :(

When I started all those years ago, I was doing psychology.

When I went back, I changed to Writing (creative writing, scriptwriting, communications and literary studies), with a minor in psychology. I figured I had a better chance of graduating if I did something I was actually interested in! :lol:

When I get back into college since I've been taking a work-related hiatus for a couple of years, I will get back into broadcasting except I will be going to a different community college from my previous one, Mt. SAC in Walnut, CA. I will instead go to Chaffey in Alta Loma, CA. I'm aiming to be an editor regarding tv commercials and tv shows. I'm hoping to transfer to either CSUF (Fullerton) or CSULB (Long Beach) because they have good broadcast/media programs plus I feel better in Orange County or near the beach than near the desert/mountains here.

Well I attend SDSU (san diego state university) It is a pretty good school and it is very fun there is always something to do. I will do some of my grad studies here and the Biology one over at UCSD (university of california san diego) which has a really good program in medicine and biology

How many people are feeling the pressure right now?

I have three weeks of classes left and then exams. I cannot wait until it's over. Summer vacation here I come :smiley:

SkyGirl5 said:
three weeks :eek: :jawdrop:

i have eight weeks left :cry:
[post="1252300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

DUDE! dont' complain! I have like 13 weeks left! but then again... i'm not in university...
--mandy :angelic:

I go to Appalachain State University in North Carolina. Really nice campus and school. Our Accounting department has the highest pass rate in the entire country (Go Mountaineers!).

Anyways, it's a really good school. I'm majoring in political science, and I'm going to transfer somwhere for grad school (hopefully Duke *crosses fingers*). But I'm just a freshman, so plenty of time for that.

And I do definitely reccomend living on campus. It makes life SO much easier. I'm living on campus again next year. You're just so close to everything. It's lovely. :smiley:

But you do have to worry about getting a less than savory roommate (like I unfortunatly did this year), and the annoying loud people on your hall. But hey, that's college life for ya! And just life in general.

When I started college my original intent was to be a elementary education major...but that quickly went down the drain.

So now I'm majoring in political science. With a focus on media, politics, and campaigns (I would love to be a campaign manager or political analyst for a news station like cnn) and focusing on International Relations (because it would be awesome to be like an ambassador or something...and I just can't make up my mind :P ).

My school has a pretty good political science department (I choose it for it's awesome teaching program when I still wanted to be a teacher). But I'm hoping to go somewhere like Duke or NYU for grad school.

I am shocked right now.
I just found out that about 300 students got caught for plagarism in just one English First Year class.

I knew getting rid of OAC was a bad idea, the kids heading to uni are too young and are making stupid choices.

I wonder whats going to happen to them...

just finished for easter break so i get a month off but im coming back after 2 because i have an essay to finish (erm start) and revision to start. then after classes start again i have two weeks until exams start, and i have 6 exams BUT i do finish by the 18th of may so thats a month and a half of partying !! yeah baby cant wait til i finish but at the same time im worried because when i finish i have to get a real job! ahhhhhhhhhhh yeah so thats me done ranting for now

I'm leaving tommorrow to look at Ohio University, then drivin down to Kentucky where my brother goes to UK, and lookin around University of Louisville.

I'm only a junior in high school, but i have no idea of what type of college i want to go to.

Back