College/ Universities

This is a general idea as of now...major...Political Science/Pre-Law...minor...theatre! :D Though if I could somehow pull off a double major I'd be giddy. Though I don't know exactly where I am going with my erratic high school elective choices...:/...three languages (Spanish [Spanish Literature next year...and then AP senior year!], Latin [I think I'm just going to take the two year minimum at my school], and French [I'm not sure if I should drop it...])...and if I am able to I'm taking college drama classes Junior year...as far as I am concerned I'm allowed to. One QC elective...yay!

Jamison said:
When I started college my original intent was to be a elementary education major...but that quickly went down the drain.
[post="1255109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, my advice to people still in high school is prepare to be flexible. Hardly anyone graduates with exactly what they thought they would be doing. Remember there are tons of interesting things to study.

Natalia said:
Yeah, my advice to people still in high school is prepare to be flexible. Hardly anyone graduates with exactly what they thought they would be doing. Remember there are tones of interesting things to study.
[post="1277137"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. It's good to have an idea of what you want to do but be open to everything. Sometime's just taking an elective will change your entire major because it interests you so much.

Glad I did decide on Poli Sci though...so very very interesting :smiley:

Natalia said:
Yeah, my advice to people still in high school is prepare to be flexible. Hardly anyone graduates with exactly what they thought they would be doing. Remember there are tons of interesting things to study.
[post="1277137"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wonderful advice. Many sophomores here (in college) still don't know what they want to do!

I knew senior year of HS that I wanted to major in psych. I wanted to be a psychiatrist, get my ph.d, all that. But early last year (in my 3rd year), I decided that I'd rather go into social work. At first, I wanted to do adoption and foster care services. Then I realized that what I'm really interested in is women's issues - mainly battered women, sexual violence, and abortion. I'm keeping the psych major (after this semester, I'll be 3 credits away from finishing it), and I picked up a women's studies minor (I originally did not have a minor).

Now I'm planning on going to grad school to get both my MSW (master's in social work, or welfare, depending on where I go) and a juris doctorate (law degree) concurrently. I plan on doing counseling and some lobbying.

Thanks to APs I'm going to double major in anthropology and...yeah no clue what else, probably something that will get me a job, though I might go to law school.

Accepted: Saint Louis University (SLU), UC Davis, Univ. of Southern California, UC San Diego, Univ. of Michigan- Ann Arbor, Boston University, and UC Berkeley (spring)

Rejected: UCLA

^ WOW that's a lot of acceptances!!

Heh fun, I get to go through all that applications felgercarb next year... I'd be sad if I didn't get into anything!! I hear UC Merced and UC Santa Cruz are good back ups. Oh that's another thing!! I'm not allowed to go out of state. Booooooo.

Oooh, sorry you're not allowed to go out of state. I can't wait to go out of state. Not that I want to be far away from my family, but I really want to go somewhere more exciting than Ohio. :lol:
I said before I was considering Northwestern, but now in addition, I'm looking at UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, Wake Forest, Univ. of Southern California, Elon University, University of Miami FLA, and Michigan State. Ideally, I'd like to go to Northwestern, UNC, or Duke, but its good to have backups. I would really like to go somewhere warm.

Heather said:
Oooh, sorry you're not allowed to go out of state.  I can't wait to go out of state.  Not that I want to be far away from my family, but I really want to go somewhere more exciting than Ohio.  :lol: 
I said before I was considering Northwestern, but now in addition, I'm looking at UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, Wake Forest, Univ. of Southern California, Elon University, University of Miami FLA, and Michigan State.  Ideally, I'd like to go to Northwestern, UNC, or Duke, but its good to have backups.  I would really like to go somewhere warm.
[post="1293534"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol...goodness...lots of NC schools in the mix. All of them are beautiful...don't count on any of the NC places to be warm though. I mean, I go to App which sits on the very top of a mountain, so of course we're not warm (most of the time)...but those other places get lots and lots of snow too.

visiting american university in D.C. next week--i got in and everything, but i've asked many people (who visisted the campus) what they thought, and half hated it, while the other half loved it--i don't know yet since i didn't visit yet . .

it's not my only option, but it's the last campus i have to visit . . .

:lol: It's the opposite with me. I don't want them involved. It's like they bombard me with questions but don't like my answers. :P

Oh, I don't want them involved!! It's just I can't drive hah. But yeah, I try to involve them as little as possible since they get annoyed and if they actually did do something, I'd have to explain stuff... and they won't let me use english when I explain things to them which is frustrating.

Heather said:
Oooh, sorry you're not allowed to go out of state.  I can't wait to go out of state.  Not that I want to be far away from my family, but I really want to go somewhere more exciting than Ohio.  :lol: 
I said before I was considering Northwestern, but now in addition, I'm looking at UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, Wake Forest, Univ. of Southern California, Elon University, University of Miami FLA, and Michigan State.  Ideally, I'd like to go to Northwestern, UNC, or Duke, but its good to have backups.  I would really like to go somewhere warm.
[post="1293534"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
you're looking at a lot in NC, where I live. I live in winston-salem, so i'm familiar with Wake Forest, and i can say it's a beautiful campus, and their library is amazing (i was just there doing research today. i'll be attending Chapel Hill in the fall, and i absolutely love the campus, and we won the NCAA championship! Go Tarheels!

()aliasyeah() said:
visiting american university in D.C. next week--i got in and everything, but i've asked many people (who visisted the campus) what they thought, and half hated it, while the other half loved it--i don't know yet since i didn't visit yet . .

it's not my only option, but it's the last campus i have to visit . . .
[post="1294687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i stayed at AU a couple summers ago, and the campus was ok. the dorms were kinda blah, and it's a dry campus, which i don't view as a plus ;) . however, it is in D.C., which is pretty awesome.

Haha do you go to Cal? I don't but it's close to here... I'l cheer with you even though I don't go to that school. BOOOO STANFORD! :lol:

Back