College/ Universities

I started with Petroleum Engineering. Then I switched to Economics my second year and quickly got out of that. Now I'm a Government major with a minor in History.

i was wondering something

me and my best friend plan on going to college in australia and i had a few questions about it,

1 do they have scholarships or grants ove in australia

2. do they have community colleges

3. do they have dorms there and do we have to live in one of them

who ever could answer them i would greatly apreciate it thanks

brenda

I am a sophomore in high school and I already have college all planned out :lol:

I want to major in journalism with political science as my minor. (I would love to be a political correspondent for a news network)

I want to go to Northwestern (Chicago, Illinois) , U of North Carolina, or U of Missouri. Northwestern is my first choice, though. They have a great journalism program at their school called Medill School of Journalism. And my family and I visited NW on spring break last year -- its beautiful.

I plan to go to Northwestern, which is in Chicago. I used to want to go to an Ivy League like Princeton or Harvard, but now I'm not so sure. Most Ivy Leagues don't offer journalism as a major, or aren't known for journalism. I would love to go to Columbia since it DOES have a great journalism program, but my parents don't want me in NYC. <_<

Heather said:
I would love to go to Columbia since it DOES have a great journalism program, but my parents don't want me in NYC.  <_<
[post="1145214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeh, that sucks. It took alot of convincing just to get my parents to let me live and go to school in Philadelphia!!

I'm going to William and Mary in Virginia. I love it. It's public, but it only has 5600 undergrad students. I applied Early Decision and found out the day after Thanksgiving that I had been accepted. The most important thing to remember when your looking at colleges is to think to yourself, "Can I see myself going here?" For me, once I visited W&M, I knew I didn't want to even look at another school. You just have to do the research and find a good fit. But always remember that you can get an excellent education at ANY school; public, private, Ivy, west coast or east coast.

I'm hoping to end up at a college in NYC, I'm applying to NYU, Barnard, and Columbia...I pray that I am accepted to atleast one. I am also applying to Boston University, Tufts, George Washington, UPenn, and Northwestern. I applied early action to Georgetown but was deferred :(

Good luck on the college process everyone, God knows it's stressful enough!

Heather said:
I plan to go to Northwestern, which is in Chicago.  I used to want to go to an Ivy League like Princeton or Harvard, but now I'm not so sure.  Most Ivy Leagues don't offer journalism as a major, or aren't known for journalism.  I would love to go to Columbia since it DOES have a great journalism program, but my parents don't want me in NYC.  <_<
[post="1145214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Northwestern is a very good college. And as far as i know they have a good journalism program also.

I was planning on going to school in California or NYC. But i've changed my mind. I'm staying in state. Going to a community college for two years to get basic classes taken care of and then transferring to Roosevelt in Chicago for writting and acting.

Since you guys mentioned res and people you live with.

I'm a 1st year and am living on campus, however I live in a single room, so I don't have to go through that roommate problem. However, I remember when I was applying to res there was an option if you wanted to stay with a rommate that you knew, you could put their name in the form. A friend of mine did it and got the roommate she wanted. However, you have to know someone who is going to the same Univ as you.

Also, I'd highly recommend going into res at least 1 year, you meet so many people and make a ton of friends. So, its definately worth it, but, next year Im going to live off campus with 2 friends.

Finally, if anyone is applying to Univ of Guelph, 1st years get into res, no matter what. Its after 1st year where they will decide if you can come back to res, I heard it depends on grades and such.

spy41 said:
Northwestern is a very good college.  And as far as i know they have a good journalism program also.

I was planning on going to school in California or NYC.  But i've changed my mind.  I'm staying in state.  Going to a community college for two years to get basic classes taken care of and then transferring to Roosevelt in Chicago for writting and acting.
[post="1147970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I got rejected from Northwestern for my freshman year. :lol: But they have excellent programs for most majors.

Got into Roosevelt for junior year... I liked it quite a bit... but ended up at Marquette.

Im going back for my second year this year, but trust me you want to stay on campus for your first year.

You make lots of friends, you get the lay of the land (where the best places to eat are, movies, bars :smiley: etc ) It also saves on transport costs cos you don't have far to go to get to class.

But the most important thing is to have a sense of humor and have fun. You will always have some absolute nutcases living with you or near you, who want to party till 5am. The trick is to cope with them without going crazy. :o_O:

Heather said:
I am a sophomore in high school and I already have college all planned out :lol:

I want to major in journalism with political science as my minor.  (I would love to be a political correspondent for a news network)

I want to go to Northwestern (Chicago, Illinois) , U of North Carolina, or U of Missouri.  Northwestern is my first choice, though.  They have a great journalism program at their school called Medill School of Journalism.  And my family and I visited NW on spring break last year -- its beautiful.
[post="1145201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

When I looked at Northwestern, I actually didn't like it much. The campus is alright, and it's in a great location, but I don't know. I didn't get great vibes from it.

But good luck! Hopefully they won't lose one of your application essays like they lost mine.

hey everybody....i'm going to University at Albany Fall 2005.....i'll need to haul my tv with me to watch Alias reruns...lol and new ones on Weds...lol...i'm goin' mostly for their Forensics program...~Lauren

hey..i'm going to UAlbany this fall with a major in Neurobiology and minor in criminal justice....i want my masters in Forensics Molecular Science ( great program there)...my high school offers Forensic Science and i'm just loving it....i seriously want to work in a FBI crime lab.....lol....every time a mention what i want to go into ppl are like do you watch CSI? and i'm like no...Alias... :D ...*Lauren

hi peope! Im at a really boring college called Del mar in C.C texas, i have absolutly no clue what i wanna do, well maybe, im thinking about majoring in Foreign language, but knowing me ill probably change my mind, oh well. I want to go to UT. thats about it

~Nikki~

Back