College/ Universities

I'm jealous of all you guys getting acceptance letters already.

I've applied for teacher's college, but we don't find out until April 3rd. I'm guaranteed to get in, but the problem is one of my roommates might not. And if I have to wait until April 3rd to look for a roommate, I might get screwed over.

i graduate in 4 months...... how scary and bristowbookworm? drink lots, it was the advice my uncle gave me and has certainly served me well :P but seriously dont buy the books til u know that u absolutely need them chances are you might get them from ur uni library (esp if everyone rushes out to buy them) and if not town or state library (not sure how it works in the US) ive saved a fortune on just using the library effectively.

I start a Bachelor of Arts (with history major) in less than two weeks!
Im gonna be studying at LaTrobe University (Melbourne, Australia) which im really excited about because I've always wanted to go there and they have a great range of history and archaeology subjects! Woohoo!

I get acceptance to guelph too!!!!!:D but no scholarship, at least I don't think so, I haven't really read the letter through, so I don't know...
I really want one from mcmaster or waterloo but I have to fill out this for waterloo that I don't really want to fill out, cause they ask me questions that are like, why do you want to go into this subject and where do you see yourself in the real world...I don't really know so we'll see.

:lol: read the letter through! It should be in like the 3rd paragraph. :lol: Mine says:

"I wish to congradulate you on yoru outstanding academic achievement. In recognition of htis accomplishment, i am pleased to offer you a Universty of Guelph Entrace Scholarship in the amount of $3000.00"

:blink:

My friend got one from Waterloo, but she already filled out her AIF so... :P I have a friend who didnt' fill out his AIF either so I guess your'e not in a rush, there's still a week. :lol: What did you apply for at Waterloo?

I haven't heard of anyone who's gotten acceptance to McMaster yet anyways. ;)

Did you apply for UofT? sorry, I keep on forgetting. :blush:

--Mandy :angelic:

This post is long...

well, after reading what your letter said, I'm 100% sure I didn't get a scholarship...academically challenged over here!.:lol: but seriously physics and chemistry dropped my average so much it isn't funny.

I applied for architecture and science at waterloo...I know two very different courses and on different sides of the spectrum, but what can I say, I like some art and some science... at least I don't have to fill out two forms for that, or else I wouldn't finish in time. The only thing I won't like doing is if they call be back for an interview and writing a parcy(sp?) exam, cause I don't have a portfolio ready for them to see.

My one friend got acceptance to waterloo but he didn't fill out the AIF so....I don't know, I'm gonna try and fill it out tomorrow when I'm at musical rehersal, when I'm sitting on my butt doing nothing.

Yeah, I didn't hear about anyone who has gotten early acceptance to Mac but their 'early' doesn't really come till the middle of march. Which probably won't happen to me and I will be filling out yet another form cause they said that if you not accepted by the end of march you have to fill out an AIF (but not called and AIF, just the same thing though).

I did apply to UofT but I switched and applied to Guelph and Laurier cause UofT had a really high average for acceptance, and I didn't think I was going to get in for biomedical engineering.

But Guelph's early accptance is based off of grade 11 marks!

Architecture and Science is one program or two different ones? My friend got in for Life Sciences so... :usnure:

Watch out for McMaster. My friend (the sameone who got into waterloo) thought the form was manditory (she applied for Faculty of Science at Mac) but then my best friend was like you don't have to, and then they got into a fight and they went on the computer in the classroom to check. :mellow: and the form was only manditory for Health Science, Engineering and something else i think. :thinking: but check on that.

Oooh, how high is high? because it's not THAT hard to get into UofT... it's just hard to get out and find a job. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

But Guelph's early accptance is based off of grade 11 marks!

Architecture and Science is one program or two different ones? My friend got in for Life Sciences so... :usnure:

Watch out for McMaster. My friend (the sameone who got into waterloo) thought the form was manditory (she applied for Faculty of Science at Mac) but then my best friend was like you don't have to, and then they got into a fight and they went on the computer in the classroom to check. :mellow: and the form was only manditory for Health Science, Engineering and something else i think. :thinking: but check on that.

Oooh, how high is high? because it's not THAT hard to get into UofT... it's just hard to get out and find a job. ;)

Whoo hoo! thank you grade 11! :woot: what grade did they tell you to keep as your average?...cause I was told by them 70, I'm just wondering if it's the same for everyone. Is guelph you first choice?

umm, architecture and science are two seprate courses, but I wish I could do both...my same friend who didn't fill out the AIF is in Life Sciences too. I dislike him emmensly right now, that he down't have to fill out the AIF. :lol:

The form for Mac is if you don't get early exceptance by the end of march, which would be available on the website after a certain day. but I do know that Mac requires you to fill out a health form or something it you are taking certain courses.

High for me is like 88 or something, and I believe acceptance was like 89 or 90 (n) I wish I had a higher average :blush: ....and my sister took engineering ot UofT and she couldn't get a job so she's going back for optometry (sp?)

Whoo hoo! thank you grade 11! :woot: what grade did they tell you to keep as your average?...cause I was told by them 70, I'm just wondering if it's the same for everyone. Is guelph you first choice?

umm, architecture and science are two seprate courses, but I wish I could do both...my same friend who didn't fill out the AIF is in Life Sciences too. I dislike him emmensly right now, that he down't have to fill out the AIF. :lol:

The form for Mac is if you don't get early exceptance by the end of march, which would be available on the website after a certain day. but I do know that Mac requires you to fill out a health form or something it you are taking certain courses.

High for me is like 88 or something, and I believe acceptance was like 89 or 90 (n) I wish I had a higher average :blush: ....and my sister took engineering ot UofT and she couldn't get a job so she's going back for optometry (sp?)

:lol: exactly. Although grade 11 wasn't great for me either. Physics <_< I was told to maintain 70% too. but come on! 70%?! I could not study for the rest of the year and still get 70%. :blink: Guelph is my third choice, after Western and Toronto. I was told to maintain 80% for Western but if I want scholar's Elective I'm gonna have to keep mine at a 90% (oh boy am I gonna have fun trying to do that <_< )

Mac is wierd. :blink: *is glad didn't apply* I ended up applying for York instead of Mac and I got into York but York's offer expires a whole month (may 12thj) before Western and Guelph (june 12th) which made me go :o_O: and I still get a letter from them yet even though I got into York before Guelph. (on ouac anyways) :mellow:

Toronto's acceptance isnt' as high as 89 or 90, they can't be. Western has the 3rd highest entering grades (according to Mcleans) 87.9%. Even their early acceptance is cut off at 87%. Which would make no sense if Toronto's normal acceptance is higher than that. ;)

:lol: exactly. Although grade 11 wasn't great for me either. Physics <_< I was told to maintain 70% too. but come on! 70%?! I could not study for the rest of the year and still get 70%. :blink: Guelph is my third choice, after Western and Toronto. I was told to maintain 80% for Western but if I want scholar's Elective I'm gonna have to keep mine at a 90% (oh boy am I gonna have fun trying to do that <_< )

Mac is wierd. :blink: *is glad didn't apply* I ended up applying for York instead of Mac and I got into York but York's offer expires a whole month (may 12thj) before Western and Guelph (june 12th) which made me go :o_O: and I still get a letter from them yet even though I got into York before Guelph. (on ouac anyways) :mellow:

Toronto's acceptance isnt' as high as 89 or 90, they can't be. Western has the 3rd highest entering grades (according to Mcleans) 87.9%. Even their early acceptance is cut off at 87%. Which would make no sense if Toronto's normal acceptance is higher than that. ;)

Really? I thought it was that high....cause when I went to do my applications the one adivsor said I wouldn't have a good chance in getting in the engineering course I wanted cause I would like to go into research. but oh well, I kind of didn't want to go to UofT cause the campus is huge and I was kind of scared of not getting in anywhere, so I decided to go with some safer choices....laurier and guelph :thinking:

That's a really short time for the acceptance day, cause that gives you like 2 months to decide, probably one once you get your acceptance stuff from the other unis....so that'll be fun :rolleyes:

You should have applied to Mac, it would have been fun seeing someone from here. ^_^

:lol: Why didn't you apply to Western then? :P

It is really short time for acceptance, but everything should come in by the end of April so hopefully I would have at least a few weeks to ponder.

Are you gonna go to any of the March break open houses?

I didn't really like western on a whole when I visited it last year...I mean the only thing I liked was the look of the campus...and plus I'd get really distracted there and I need something a bit smaller and less things going on.

I am not going to any open houses during march break, I've already visited the universities in november...instead I'm going to the galapagos :smiley: for 18 days!!
Are you going to any?

yup, I got my acceptance letter from Guelph today. They offered me $3000 entrance scholarship. :blink:

What about you?

Yay scholarships! lol. I've got another year of HS before i think about that...well...not s ummuch a year but some time to spare. I wanna go to Ryerson, Sociology. What program @ guelph did you look at?

I didn't really like western on a whole when I visited it last year...I mean the only thing I liked was the look of the campus...and plus I'd get really distracted there and I need something a bit smaller and less things going on.

I am not going to any open houses during march break, I've already visited the universities in november...instead I'm going to the galapagos :smiley: for 18 days!!
Are you going to any?
london is HUUUUUGE

Are you going to any?
Ooh the campus is sooo pretty. the residences are really nice too. ;)

What' galapagos? :blink:

Yay scholarships! lol. I've got another year of HS before i think about that...well...not s ummuch a year but some time to spare. I wanna go to Ryerson, Sociology. What program @ guelph did you look at?
london is HUUUUUGE

:lol: It's a good time to start thinking. I thought I'd have plenty of time, but noooo. ;) and i'm paying for it now. ;)

:lol: It's a good time to start thinking. I thought I'd have plenty of time, but noooo. ;) and i'm paying for it now. ;)

well, i've started thinking, i got my report card today so im thinking lol. It just seems so overwhelming, i mean im 16! lol

yeah, that's what I thought too, about the campus and stuff, but I like the mcmaster campus a lot, cause it doesn't look emensly spread out and it kinda looks like my school....but the waterloo campus looks really small when I went around it and it felt cold and dark, which is why it is not my top choice. ;)

yeah, galapagos/amazon/ecuador, it's one of the trips my school organizes for march break...last year was australia or france...this year its italy or galapagos. So I decided to go to the galapagos cause it was hot and there are beaches and it is a once in a life time trip cause they supposedly only let a certain amount of people there a year. :confused:

Back