college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Existentialist

Entertainment Moderator
I am going to Marquette in the fall. I was at comm. college this past fall, and the year before, I was at Augustana college.

Which is pretty funny, considering the schools I applied to for freshman year... Vassar (my early decision school... didn't get in, obviously), IL St. U, Boston College, Northwestern, Coe College, Augustana. And for soph. year, I applied to transfer to Boston U and IL St. U (as a backup). And for junior year, I applied to Augie (backup), North Central College, Marquette, and U of IL at Chicago.

leah!! do you realize you and i started two college threads at the exact same time?? :lol: you really ARE my long lost twin. that's actually kind of creepy. but in an amusing way. ;)

anyway, i go to the university of california at san diego (or just ucsd for short ^_^). i'm a psychology major and i just finished my third year. one more year left! kind of freaked out though since, like a lot of other people, i'm still in limbo about what i want to do. i'm thinking grad school, but i'm still pretty uncertain. :thinking:

hey, so does anyone have any questions about college apps or colleges in general?

and if you're in college, where do you go? what year are you?

Oh yes, so I am a 3rd year student. Though I don't know if enough of my credits will transfer, and I might have to take an extra semester of college. But that's okay, 'cause I'm going to grad school and possibly med school anyways. :rolleyes: I'm crazy.

Crazy, I started this thread a minute before you did! :lol: But yeah... that was very very scary! And I almost closed this too! LoL And yes, we're now creepily amusing. Or is it amusingly creepy? ^_^

well, i'm at home now so i'm using dial-up which is just so mind-numingly slow. which is probably why my thread showed up a minute after. :P still though... *twilight zone music*.... :blink: well, twilight zone music + hysterical laughter. :lol: (okay, that didn't make any sense, sorry)

ucla! that was my first choice. but now i'm glad i didn't go. not that i have anything against the school, i'm just really happy where i am right now. although i think the area around ucla (westwood, is it?) is really cute. great college atmosphere. :D

I just finished my 3rd year too, that's weird! I go to Missouri Southern State University, and I'm a Literature major, history minor.

Hey, this is a little off-topic, but since we're all a little older in here, I figured you guys would remember this better than the others. I'm really nostalgic lately, and I keep thinking about old Nickolodeon shows. Remember the originial SNICK, with Clarissa, The Roundhouse, Ren and Stimpy, and Are You Afraid of the Dark? I have no idea why I'm thinking of that, but I want to go back in time to the 5th grade! :lol: (Maybe because I heard the song "Jump" by Kris Kross earlier, and it made me feel 11 again.)

SNICK! I miss SNICK... it's right up there with the original TGIF (Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, etc). Are You Afraid of the Dark... I remember that... it was like the Goosebumps books. And the Roundhouse was so great. I used to love it... and then it turned into All That and birthed such "stars" as Amanda Bynes and Michelle Trachtenberg. Ugh. The Roundhouse was so much better.

ANYWAYS. Where is Missouri Southern?

azalea - yeah! i remember clarissa and are you afraid of the dark!! i used to think are you afraid of the dark was so scary. :lol: and tgif!! i loooved tgif. ahh, now you're getting me all nostalgic. :(

and you reminded me about minors. i was thinking about minoring in italian studies, but ucsd doesn't offer that many interesting upper division italian classes so it was sort of impossible.

does anyone here double major? good lord, i could never do that... :blink:

Well, right now I have a psych major with a women's studies concentration, and either an asian studies or studio art minor.
For a while, I was thinking about a psych/chem double major. But then I stopped being insane. :lol:

Yeah, The Roundhouse was SO much better than All That. I can't believe those morons replaced it....It was so original.

Missouri Southern is in Joplin, which is a sucky town of about 70,000 in the very southwest corner of the state. But the school has a really good English department, which is one of the major reasons I transferred from SMSU, in Springfield, Mo. It was a bigger school, but I didn't like it as much.

crazy spinster @ Jun 16 2003 said:
does anyone here double major? good lord, i could never do that... 

I thought about doing that, but it would definitely take longer than 4 years. Actually, mine will probably take at least 4 1/2 years anyway, because I still have General Ed. classes, like 2 sciences and Public Speaking, that I keep putting off! I really need to take those soon...

Gen ed classes are icky! Blech... they're the reason why I'll probably be in school at least an extra semester. Marquette is Jesuit though, so my religion class from freshman year won't be a waste.

yeah, i'm just finishing up all my ge's too. i hate ge's. they took up like an entire year of my college time. i mean, i really thought i was done with all that felgercarb when i left high school, but nope. more classes i don't want to take... -_-

but now i'm almost done! i'll definitely be able to finish in four. but then you get to the scary part of "what now?" :confused:

but now i'm almost done! i'll definitely be able to finish in four. but then you get to the scary part of "what now?" 

Yikes. Hopefully, my plans will stay the same and I will go to grad school, then try med school.

Of course, I still have half a thought in the back of my mind to scrap all of this and pull a Felicity (go to art school, not follow a guy across the country). But, I don't think my art is quite good enough.

Existentialist Posted on Jun 16 2003 said:
Of course, I still have half a thought in the back of my mind to scrap all of this and pull a Felicity (go to art school, not follow a guy across the country). But, I don't think my art is quite good enough.

Yeah, when you say "pull a Felicity", you automatically think "follow a guy across the country". Either that, or "hack off all your hair". Don't do that! Lol..

crazy spinster Posted on Jun 16 2003 said:
but now i'm almost done! i'll definitely be able to finish in four. but then you get to the scary part of "what now?" 

That's why I'm actually sort of glad that mine will probably take longer. It delays that moment. And then with grad school, I can delay that moment until I'm about 27 or 28. By that time, maybe I'll have some idea of what I should be doing! (Hopefully, anyway.)

yeah, i think of grad school as sort of a nice safety net too. but then, i'm so burnt out on school that i don't know if i could do more. which is why i think that if i do go to grad school (and i probably am), then i'm going to take a year off in between graduating and going to grad school. i just need to take a breather and decompress from all that school.

and leah, i like your definition of "pulling a felicity." don't hack off your hair or follow a guy across the country (unless his name is michael vartan ;)) like azalea said. :D

LoL I would follow Michael Vartan ANYWHERE. :lol: Does that make me a potential stalker?
But no, I would never chop my hair off again. I used to have it in a Natalie Imbruglia 'do. I looked exactly like my mother. Oy. :blink:

I love college so much more than HS though... actually, I didn't love HS one bit. LoL There are just so many more choices.

im now a senior in high school and im looking at notre dame, tufts, carnegie mellon, and davidson

i want to major in biology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back