college

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren and Alice. Nah, I can't see that parallel... 'cause I LOVED biopsych... and I have no such emotions for either evil!wife or Alice Mcsubplot. It was really weird how much I liked it. But it was all just memorization... essentially, you could study with just notecards and pictures of the brain. Sensation and perception is just... boring.

Yeah, I miss that whole "it's week 7! Time to start panicking!" thing. :lol: Here, it is the... um... let me count... 13th week, I think. That's just... wrong. :thinking:

hahaha...week 13. no such thing for me. that's far too high to count. :P

well, i just hate anything having to do with bio or chem or physics, for that matter. so...i'm not really into the whole neuropsych/biopsych thing. so for me, choosing between biopsych and sensation & perception is like choosing the lesser of two evils (in alias, we know them as lauren and alice. ;))

how about you just take biopsych for me? :D

okay! deal!! i didn't mind stats at all. it was pretty easy. of course, advanced stats was an entirely different story. i still contend that it was the prof that led to my downfall, not the class. :angry:

Yeah, my best friend keeps reassuring me that stats isn't bad. And I'm sure it's not. But I'd rather take biopsych again. :lol: :geek:

Eww stats... hated that class! But like it was mentioned, mine was also the case of the bad teacher... evil Dr. Shoop. :Patch: I cant believe this semester is almost over. Only two weeks of class then finals with a week break for thanksgiving in the middle... I picked my classes for next semester... They are:
MWF: 10-1050 Molecular and Cellular Bio 1-150 Resources, food and society a global perspective
T: 11-1215 Intro to Marketing Management 1235-150 Decision Making for Consumers 2-250 Aerobics (yes i get one credit hour for exercising!) 6-750 Bio Lab
R: Same as T - Lab

Sounds okay to me. The sad thing is i realized i dont like my major (not a good thing since this is my last semester and i am only one class shy for my major) so I think i am just going to finish out here and go back home and take more classes. i have been a mess trying to deal with all of this... and i hate that i cant go back and change any of it... how was i supposed to know what i wanted to do for the rest of my life when i was only 17? GRRRRR!!! :(

yeah, i hated that fact too. i had no idea what i wanted to do when i applied. i sort of just put psychology as my major because at the time it was the only class i really liked in high school. i got lucky and i've really enjoyed my psych classes here, but i still have no idea what i want to do with it.

i guess you could have gone in undeclared, but a lot of people who do that still have no idea what they want to do when they're forced to declare a major. :mellow:

it would have been hard to be undeclared here because of all the gen ed requirements that then fill in requirements for your major... if you dont take the right one for that section of the core, you have to go back and retake the one for credit in your major... making the first class you took pointless... Stupid ISU.... *sigh* luckily my family and fiance arent freaking out that i want to go take more classes after i graduate... i am thankful for that ^_^

I already know where i am going. Beautiful University of Hawaii-Manoa. Got early acceptance and im prolly going to end up graduating early so i can make it in time for spring practice.

AgentNicBristow said:
I already know where i am going. Beautiful University of Hawaii-Manoa. Got early acceptance and im prolly going to end up graduating early so i can make it in time for spring practice.
my old roommate went there for a study abroad (but not so much abroad) her spring semester sophomore year. she really liked it there. her grades werent so good bc she partied all the time ;) she was broke most of the time bc hawaii is pretty expensive (compared to where we live) and she using her cash for beer $. i wish i went to school by the beach... damn landlocked Illinois... :angry: good luck there!

heehee. ucsd is right on the coastline. the beach is about 10 minutes away. there are points on campus where you can see the ocean perfectly. ^_^

hotpot said:
my old roommate went there for a study abroad (but not so much abroad) her spring semester sophomore year. she really liked it there. her grades werent so good bc she partied all the time ;) she was broke most of the time bc hawaii is pretty expensive (compared to where we live) and she using her cash for beer $. i wish i went to school by the beach... damn landlocked Illinois... :angry: good luck there!
Most of my cash goes to beer. A lot more of it went ther last year. I can't really charge it being I get peopl eto buy it for me or I go to keg parties and pay my 5 bucks. Last year I did party way too. Hey you don't have to go to school at the beach to party. I'm in the mountains.

oh we know how to party here at ISU... i just wish we had a beach nearby... :( my roommate was a closet hardcore party girl... to her mom she was innocent and got perfect grades.... then when she went to hawaii she went wild! she influenced me a lot our first two years here... but that got old and we grew apart... she was supposed to be the maid of honor in my wedding...

hotpot said:
oh we know how to party here at ISU... i just wish we had a beach nearby... :( my roommate was a closet hardcore party girl... to her mom she was innocent and got perfect grades.... then when she went to hawaii she went wild! she influenced me a lot our first two years here... but that got old and we grew apart... she was supposed to be the maid of honor in my wedding...
that happened to me to. I was a 4.0 student, then started hanging out with the wrong crowd, started drinking, etc. and my mom had NO CLUE. thats all over now though, cept for social drinking.

AgentNicBristow said:
i havent talked to you in awhile spinster, hows college going for you?
hey nic! college is going fine. i'll be graduating at the end of this year. on time, as opposed to most of my berkeley friends. ;) only problem is i still have no idea what i'm going to be doing afterwards. i'll probably take a year off and apply to grad school, but i still need to figure out what i'm going to do during that year off. my future is just all very...blurry. :blink:

i think going to school in hawaii would be pretty cool. :D learn to surf! i just learned how to surf this year. such a waste. i should've learned freshman year and then i could have had more time. but oh well.

AgentNicBristow said:
hotpot said:
that happened to me to. I was a 4.0 student, then started hanging out with the wrong crowd, started drinking, etc. and my mom had NO CLUE. thats all over now though, cept for social drinking.
yeah she was into lots of casual things with all kinds of guys and i did not agree with that at all... finally found a good group of real friends (which can be hard at a big school) and we go out and have wholesome not bad girl fun ;) well not as bad as before anyway...hehe :P

For anyone who's a psych major...are the classes interesting? What sort of things do you take? Cuz I'm sorta interested in it, but it deals with science and math i think, and those are my (most hated) and worst classes. And what'd be a good school with a good program for it? I live in Cali, so, i'd be sorta nice staying here

I would like to go to, "University Of Montana." I just don't have the money right now. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back