Sci-Fi Colony (TNT)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Colony

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2016-01-14

Creator: Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal, Wes Tooke

Cast: Josh Holloway, Sarah Wayne Callies, Tory Kittles, Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter, Isabella Crovetti, Jacob Buster

Overview: In the near future a family must make difficult decisions as they balance staying together with trying to survive. They live in Los Angeles, which has been occupied by a force of outside intruders. While some people have chosen to collaborate with the authorities and benefit from the new order, others have rebelled — and suffer the consequences.
Colony (TNT)

Occupied by whom exactly? :cautious: We might find out January 14th.

From executive producers Carlton Cuse (“Lost”) and Ryan Condal (“Hercules”) comes USA’s newest, highly-anticipated drama COLONY. Set in the very near future, COLONY centers on one family’s struggle to survive and bring liberty back to the people of an occupied Los Angeles. SAG winner Josh Holloway (“Lost”) stars as former FBI agent Will Bowman and Satellite Award winner Sarah Wayne Callies (“The Walking Dead”) stars as his wife, Katie, in the series which takes place in a dangerous world of divided ideologies. While some choose to collaborate with the occupation and benefit from the new order, others rebel and suffer the consequences. After being separated from their son during the invasion, Will and Katie are willing to do whatever is necessary to be reunited with him. Thus, when the powerful Proxy Snyder (Peter Jacobson, “House”) offers Will a chance to get his son back if he will collaborate with the occupational government, Will and Katie find themselves faced with the toughest decision of their lives. They will have to go beyond whatever they thought possible, risking their lives and their relationship to protect their family.​

I am glad you mentioned this one - As I looked it up on IMDb and I noticed another new one "Second Chance"
- just saw it - really good - revive the dead, create super hero, and a lot of plot lines and potentials - as of now
{first episode} I highly recommend it.

But COLONY - a dystopian view of where our world may already be going - Hell, I can see that on the news,
I don't need sci-fi to remind me of it - I want sci-fi to escape to a better future of better potentials - I want
to fight the dystopian future we are heading into - And having sci-fi shows harping on it does not help change it.

So I rate "Second Chance" 8/10 ; And I can't rate "Colony" as turned it off half way through the first episode.
But you who like series like "Lost" {I never watched it} - love ghouls, werewolves, and Human {or alien} monstrosities of a future dystopia, maybe you'll like it. I can get my fill of nightmares from watchiing the news!

But COLONY - a dystopian view of where our world may already be going - Hell, I can see that on the news,
I don't need sci-fi to remind me of it - I want sci-fi to escape to a better future of better potentials - I want
to fight the dystopian future we are heading into - And having sci-fi shows harping on it does not help change it.
I got done watching the S1:E1 episode of Colony and have to agree, so far it doesn't look like something unique enough to catch my attention for the long term. From the episode and previews of upcoming shows and seems to be nothing we haven't seen before... an occupied city where it may be a gray area as to who are the good guys versus the bad guys and the main protagonist, forced into a situation that he didn't want, finds that those closest to him are hiding major secrets. The only thing that I found myself curious about was how exactly the name of the show fits into the story line.

It's too early for me to dismiss watching it but the next couple of episodes really needs to show that it is worth watching.
I noticed another new one "Second Chance"
Weird, I thought there a thread about Second Chance but can't find it. It went through a couple of name changes so it may be buried; I'll create a new thread tonight for it. I haven't caught the premiere of it yet but I just checked and it's available On Demand with FiOS so I think I'll try to get it before the second episode airs.