Colorizations

those are awesome les, i love the claire ones. she's so purdy. i haven't made anything in about a week. i think i'm gonna take a fan art vacation to see if my stuff improves because i've sucked this last month or so.

I know what you mean, even though I don't think your stuff has sucked! :P But yeah I've been doing so many colorizations I haven't done an actual blend in so long... and wallpapers?? It's been literally months since I last made one of those...

Thanks, by the way. ^_^ The Claire ones are my favorites, too. She is a great subject. I might try an actual blend of her if I ever get the time and inspiration... :lol:

sweetie, you ain't stupid...honestly i couldn't tell u how i did it, i just played with tons of different layers and colours and the blend mode...oh an making the eye whiter than it originally was makes it stand out more

do you mean the streaks? i use a star brush. it comes standard on elements, it kinda looks like a star and it's tiny and i just add that, then set it to color, then i change the opacity around

megg!!!!! :woot: it was NOT crappy (duh!) and congratulations!!! :happydance:

ETA: Mmkay made some more. :D *gasp* I actually did some Jen ones! :yikes:

woah... you guys make such awesome colorizations... *jealous* :worthy:

I made these two yesterday... they're better than my first one *remembers and snorts* but they're still crappy...

th_jen-colored1.jpg

th_nic-colored1.jpg

the only art i made this weekend. everything else wasn't good, so i deleted them, including 5 entries for various challenges. i have no muse.

:lol:

Niki - Those are both gorgeous. I adore the subdued browns and purples of the Jen piece, and the eyeliner is to die for! (y) And I love the pic you used for the Nic piece. :D I have seen the caps from that commercial she did... The coloring is perfect! Looks just like the real thing. :smiley:

Jaimie - Oooh that's pretty. I love the eyes!!! :love:

Angela - Who are you asking? If it's me, I use PS, and I put colored layers on Overlay, multiply, soft light, etc. to make makeup effects. :smiley:

YE GADS les...this is why i try to stay away for the challenges that you enter...:lol:
new for me:

*PS why when i post things they are huge and when you post things they are small then click on em and they are nomal?*

Lovely! :love: I just love what you did with the eyes in the first one. And the fragmenting of the pic, too. Both have such vibrant, warm tones. Just lovely. ^_^

I only just figured out how to do the thumbs! :D I was qwuite excited when I did. ;) Right click on the thumbnail in you photobucket album, and click 'Properties.' It should give you a url for the thumbnail image (hint: it will be the same address as your image, except the picture name will have "th_" added to the beginning of it). Then you just link the actual image via the thumbnail using this code:
Code:
[url="http://www.image.jpg"][img]http://www.th_image.jpg[/img][/url]

Back