Colorizations

ok, it's obvious, but i've never done this before. it seemed so much fun, though, so i had to try it. thank you leslie soooo much for the tutorial i could not have done it without! as you can see i did some cropping, but i still think it's a disaster, even for my first try.

BEFORE:
eviarena05-01.jpg

AFTER:
color1.jpg

and here's another one, which sadly, is worse.

before:
gear01-1.jpg

after:
color2.jpg

i was playing around a little more and realized that i'm better with colouring from the original pic than black&white. but here's a couple more i was messing with:

BEFORE: [attachment=23507:attachment] AFTER: [attachment=23508:attachment]

BEFORE: [attachment=23509:attachment] AFTER: [attachment=23510:attachment]

Ethan - Those are NOT disastrous at all! I really love the red clothing on the first pic, and the green background on the second. The only things I would work on are making sure the "whites" of the eyes are not the same color as the skin (though not too white), and skin color. Which is HARD anyway. It takes a lot of trial and error. But these are great work for your first try!

Thanks, Les. At first I made the eyes green, then I switched to trying hazel eyes, but I think my first choice would've been better.

My fave is the last one, Jaim. The subtle eyeshadow is perfection!!

Awww! Jalyn - that's awesome!! (y)

Jaimie Oh man that last Scarlett one is so hot. Really pretty.

Eva I love the hair on the Kate B. one, and the color of the dress on that second Syd one.

Ethan You can't possibly think that those are disastrous. The shoes, and the dress on teh first one are really pretty. And it's quite impressive how well you keep within the lines for your first tries ^_^

Jalyn OMG. That little boy is adorable, as is the colorization.

Scarlet I'd say...AWESOME start man. Love th jacket. The skin is a bit yellow, but you kept so well inside the lines. Awesome job :D

I've got two colorizations. Haven't posted at AA in a while. So here they are: (I hope I didn't kill Evy's prettiness)

The first one's too yellow. Like the whole thing. Blech.

Some colorizations...
First one: The latest, its not my favorite, but eh, just thought id post it
Second one: Mia Maestro, I like it, but I'm mad the words are there..plus, they dont really go with the whole makeup scheme i chose for her..not very natural, huh? :rolleyes:
Third one: Is it just me, or is Evangeline Lilly a popular colorization around here? lol I personally love her, so there ya go..I think its my favorite of all of em.

th_2146964290077502500kdJSeU_fs.jpg
th_2086785880077502500xgdqPM_ph.jpg
th_2547177290077502500CdIuDo_ph.jpg

My venture back into the world of colorizations... Not too great but hey. The pic just begged for it. ^_^ That's Damon Albarn.

colorizedamon.jpg

:jawdrop: The eyes are AMAZING. Wow.

... I made two versions of this. Tell me which you guys prefer. It was for a colorization challenge. :confused:

1]
[attachment=24088:attachment]

2]
[attachment=24089:attachment]

The attatched pic is the b/w I started with. ;)

I prefer the second one. But for a colorization challenge you may prefer not to "hide" what you've made with stripes.
This is very well done. ^_^

I also like the first one best - it's more contrasted/darker, and more distinct as a result, imo. BTW, I love the slanted lines at the bottom - is that a brush? I've seen similar things around the 'net and I feel like I'm missing out. :lol: Very pretty coloring, btw. I adoore the green!

Back