Colorizations

Thanks! I think the second one is up in the little Entries section. :woot: Clearly, I'm still new to this challenge business...

Oh, and that brush is from the-butterfly.de, set 43. Lots of good stuff on that site. (y)

made this for a challenge at SD1... i put two diff backgrounds on it and im not sure i like better, but its pretty good (if i do say so myself :P ) for my first colorization in a while

the original
[attachment=24135:attachment]

my two

depends on what program you're using
in photoshop its a setting
image>>i think its mode or setting im not sure but theres a whole list including RGB color (which is typical color form) and grayscale is under there too

I haven't posted here in forever...

I wanted to make a Paul Walker WP from some pics of him from a Men's Health Photoshoot, but they were black and white, so I tried to colorize one of the pics. I think I did a good job except for the eyes and the hair.

paulwalker01bb.jpg

From This:
Mens20Health2028229.jpg

let's revive this thread shall we? :lol:

ok so i went a little colorization challenge crazy, but its been a while and i found a new method for doing stuff that is really fun/easy/works great :smiley:

original & colored

[attachment=24229:attachment] [attachment=24228:attachment]

original & colored

[attachment=24230:attachment] [attachment=24231:attachment]

Aw yay. I :love: them, Janet! I miss colorizations - glad you revived the thread, as it were. ^_^

Oh, and care to share your new method?

well it might not be so new, but its new to me :lol:
i have a brush set labled lizzy_erasers (where i got it i truely dont know anymore), but anyway its just a little cloud-like shape of color that has blended out edges...
so, instead of filling in the whole layer with the color i'm going to use for the skin tone, i jsut sort of paint the face area and then erase the edges not on the face... and i also dont use just one solid color... i use diff darker/lighter tones on it which makes it a little more "realistic-ish' shall we say since the brushes are set on 70% opacity...

i hope that made sense :lol: but i found it easier to do certain aspects of the colorization that way - particularly the pink sunglasses :smiley:

Back