Columns, etc.

verdantheart said:
No, really, I took it as a compliment, just chuckling at the impossibility of actually doing that for you . . .
;)
Seriously, I will pay you!! I just don't want to do the exam!!!!!

Apart from Alias, do you write columns about other programmes? And also, is there a way to learn how to write in that style (in 5 days???)

xxxxxx

Yes Mr Sark? said:
is there a way to learn how to write in that style (in 5 days???)
Gee, I don't know. It comes sort of naturally to me . . . (Always did well in the literature courses, you know.)
;)

verdantheart Posted on May 15 2003, 06:06 PM
It comes sort of naturally to me . . .
:rolleyes:
Yes Mr. Sark, everyone has their own style. Just know you will survive your English Exam...writing in your own style. Good luck.

Thanks for the listing. Will be looking for your Season 1 analyses. Guess all I have to do is find your link under your name and the new columns will be on it. :rolleyes: Hope it will start soon.

Victoria King said:
ooo thank you thank you thank you!i love reading your columns and this is very handy becuase i havent read any of them that were written before december!thanks!
Yes same here!! Well, I haven't really read any of them, but I have read some!!!

And I agree with lenafan....she's the chief senior analyst :Ph34r: ^_^

lenafan said:
Thanks for the listing. Will be looking for your Season 1 analyses. Guess all I have to do is find your link under your name and the new columns will be on it. :rolleyes: Hope it will start soon.
You'll have to wait until after I finally finish my mega season review. It's taking a long time. I'm re-viewing all of the episodes and putting together a timeline (and swearing at myself for not doing that while the season was going on--it would've really helped and left me with less to do all at once right now). But, hey, it's fun, and I've re-revised a couple of thoughts I had. I always love changing my perspective!
;)

verdantheart Posted on May 28 2003, 09:00 AM
You'll have to wait until after I finally finish my mega season review. It's taking a long time. I'm re-viewing all of the episodes and putting together a timeline (and swearing at myself for not doing that while the season was going on--it would've really helped and left me with less to do all at once right now).

I have set up a timeline, just to keep my stories in the right frame. It was difficult because the writers kept jiggling, IMO, the time frames. :angry:

For instance, in Dead Drop Irina is sitting on her bunk, which has mattress albeit thin, pillow and blanket. In Passage 1 she declares to Kendall that she has spent the last 36 days without blanket or pillow and wants them in exchange for the info he wants (nukes). SOOOoooo, now what do you figure? In Dead Drop they took her away to Camp Harris. How long was she there? When they brought her back why was the bedding gone? Was it another five weeks between then and Passage 1? Do we accept that she was in CIA custody each week there was a new episode? :banghead:

Supposedly we would have to figure she was in that cell from the start of the season, last week in September thru to a Dark Turn episode which aired, I think March 2nd.
This means about 5 months.

Good luck! ;)

lenafan said:
For instance, in Dead Drop Irina is sitting on her bunk, which has mattress albeit thin, pillow and blanket.  In Passage 1 she declares to Kendall that she has spent the last 36 days without blanket or pillow and wants them in exchange for the info he wants (nukes). SOOOoooo, now what do you figure? In Dead Drop they took her away to Camp Harris. How long was she there? When they brought her back why was the bedding gone? Was it another five weeks between then and Passage 1? Do we accept that she was in CIA custody each week there was a new episode? :banghead:

Supposedly we would have to figure she was in that cell from the start of the season, last week in September thru to a Dark Turn episode which aired, I think March 2nd.
This means about 5 months.

Good luck! ;)
We can't be sure how much time passes between episodes--however, Sydney's remarks to Dixon regarding how long she's known about SD-6 indicate that the series time is accelerated over "real" time. I'm more interested in establishing a sequence of events for my purposes.

Yes Mr Sark? said:
Righty ho!! Next method is to just laugh manically til they drag me out of the exam!

xxx
I'm curious, how did that go? Was that a good strategy?
;)

verdantheart Posted on May 28 2003, 12:06 PM
We can't be sure how much time passes between episodes
Yes that's true, but when season 3 starts we know almost two years have passed since the fight and Sydney waking up in Hong Kong. Of course, the operative word here could be "almost". :rolleyes: Oh well....

In case you haven't been watching my sig, I've added my latest, the first column from season 1.
^_^

Oh My Irina!!! Your stuff is sooooo amazing. And I stick with what I said somewhere else, that you should publish this stuff!!! Like...WoW. You stuff is so good it converted me to liking Jack!!! Keep up the stunning work!!!

Wow! Great job! These are amazing. I'm definately going to go read them all (it's gonna take me a while, but I'll do it) Excellent job!

Back