Combat Evolved in HD?

Tye1111

Cadet
quoted from: platformnation.com

Ripped directly from the rumor mill is word that a remake of the original game in the Halo franchise, Combat Evolved, could receive a HD remake. 343 Industries, the torchbearers for the Halo franchise now that Bungie has moved on, is supposedly kicking around the idea of bringing Master Chief’s first fight to the Xbox 360 as early as March 2011.

halo-ce-370x525.jpg

The remake would potentially use the same engine as the recently released Halo Reach. This means that we could actually see two Halo titles competing against each other for multiplayer dominance.

With Halo 4 not set to release until sometime in 2012, this could hold the Halo faithful over until the next big title. I do question whether March 2011 is a realistic date. That means the title should be already being developed by someone by now. We’ve heard rumors in the past that Gearbox Software has been working on Halo 4. Could they also be remaking the classic Combat Evolved as well?

So, would you want to see the original Halo remastered in HD using the Reach engine? You think another developer can capture the magic like Bungie did way back in 2001?

What do you think about this?

I read in a interview that Microsoft isn't really interested in Remakes. Personally I'd rather them work on a brand new game.

While from a competition perspective this is ideal due to the fact that Sony has remade the God of War series in HD and making this game would attract some of the gamers from the last gen. But from a business perspective this is nonsense. To release two Halo games so close together would take away sales from both games and as stated above creaing a division between Halo: Reach players and Halo HD players, making the games less dominant in the market. You may also see a group of people boycotting the game (think L4D2) due to the release dates. I am not ruling out the possibility of the game being made entirely but I would expect a late 2011 or early 2012 release. On a side note I would be interested to see if this game would be offered as a game OnDemand along with the hard copy because 343 is after all owned by Microsoft who is pushing for non-physical media, but that's just speculation.

I say its not a good idea, Halo: Combat Evolved is just a too classic game to be messed with, its like goldeneye for the nintendo 64 it was awesome on that, and now there making a remake, its going to suck plus more its going to be on the wii so its going to suck even more.

Eh if they do it better be exatly to a T other wise people will shun it but if they some how manage to pull it off they are going to need the orignal voices and people who did it the first time arround But if we could get a Halo wars FPS re make the story to that game was good but just think of an FPS of that game as Forge granted you do die at the end but think of the new perspective you would get on the game

Halo Wars was terrible

Little do people know halo wars was only half complete so it never got to its full potential but even still true halo players and rts players though halo wars was a great game. The problem is halo is for FPS players and i hate to say it but majority of halo players are little kids that have not strategy to them other then "Spray and pray".

No, I love strategy games but the problem with Halo Wars was a) the story was the most terrible piece of felgercarb ever B.) it has no real strategy online (ie make a ton of one unit or rush) and c) the online community is now just people who rush you. But you are right in that the game had potential. That was the best controls I have seen on a consol RTS to date buuuuuuuut great controls do not make up for the game itself.

Back