Coming back for the third season?

Will Irina (Lena Olin) come back for the third season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lenafan said:
According to what I read she wants to come back, but is :cool: waiting to see if it can be worked into her schedule.
I'm pretty sure she will come back, but for how many eps is the question???

She'll come back for as many episodes as JJ has work for her. She's made IRina Derevko hers..I don't see anyone else stepping in for her. SOOOoooo JJ it's up to you and her schedule. :rolleyes:

:cool:

she's not dead, why would she b?

We know she's not dead, we mean whether she'll die at the end of the next season, season 3! :D

She'll come back for as many episodes as JJ has work for her. She's made IRina Derevko hers..I don't see anyone else stepping in for her. SOOOoooo JJ it's up to you and her schedule.

I'm not sure if that's the case I think it's more of what'll be good for her, but in the interview she said she lovedth show, so.....I think her other projects are a major factor and her family, which is of course....as hard as it is to say this.....more important ^_^ , but hey, what about us, her Alias Family, you know us legion of fans! :lol:

If she's been following the boards and sites...she knows she's picked up legions of fans...let's hope everything can be worked out. (y) (y) (y)

lenafan said:
If she's been following the boards and sites...she knows she's picked up legions of fans...let's hope everything can be worked out. (y) (y) (y)

Wouldn't that be cool??? JJ did say that him and the crew do check out the fan boards to see what we have to say, so next time you see a guest online, think? lol

I think it's less up to the producers of Alias than to Ms Olin, her agent, and her schedule. Although the role is incredible, she seems reluctant to become too identified as a "television actress." Too bad that some still seem to believe theres something inherently inferior about television. It's not the medium, but the role, that is superior or inferior.
;)

verdantheart said:
I think it's less up to the producers of Alias than to Ms Olin, her agent, and her schedule. Although the role is incredible, she seems reluctant to become too identified as a "television actress." Too bad that some still seem to believe theres something inherently inferior about television. It's not the medium, but the role, that is superior or inferior.
;)
I'm not sure whether she thinks that way, as she has said so much postive things about the show and that there are some shows out there that she's "suspicious of", but it was all (y) for Alias
But I agree with you about on the last part 100%, however I think that TV was seen as inferior to films, but times are changing and I think in a way it's vice versa, well maybe not totally but it's heading that way anyway!
Let's just I think she's an essential part of the cast and without her I for some reason won't be as excited before coming to watch it!
:smiley:

smegheadalways Posted on Jun 15 2003, 03:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (verdantheart @ Jun 15 2003, 03:36 PM)

I'm not sure whether she thinks that way, as she has said so much postive things about the show and that there are some shows out there that she's "suspicious of", but it was all  for Alias
But I agree with you about on the last part 100%, however I think that TV was seen as inferior to films, but times are changing and I think in a way it's vice versa, well maybe not totally but it's heading that way anyway!
Let's just I think she's an essential part of the cast and without her I for some reason won't be as excited before coming to watch it!

Smeg, you are right about TV movies. There are some excellent ones out there and for good reason. Television has become more defined by the excellence of both acting and scripting, by production and directing. For instance some of the Showtime and HBO shows are often better than some movies given too much hype for so little. :angry:

And she definitely is an integral part of the cast and the story. Let's hope she stays in that place.

Ms. Olin may be from the "old school of thought", but I'll bet that there will ways to overcome...a rise in popularity and continued sales of some of her movies.
What about her teenage son-- wonder if he watches her in action?
Ah well, we'll just have to be patient.

If I was Lena’s teenage son I might develop issues that I would have to have lots of therapy for. :joker2: ;) :rolleyes:

Although the role is incredible, she seems reluctant to become too identified as a "television actress." Too bad that some still seem to believe theres something inherently inferior about television. It's not the medium, but the role, that is superior or inferior.
Yeah, that's why she doesn't want to give up on her movie career. We're lucky that she loves the show, her character and the cast and that she really wants to come back. She did say several times that Irina is probably the best character she ever got the chance to play and that Irina Derevko was just an offer she couldn't refuse. Those monkeys (her agents) better work it out or poo will fly!

Perhaps I should clarify. I don't want to characterize Ms Olin as believing TV to be somehow "inferior" (or she well might have passed on the role of Irina in the first place and we wouldn't even be having this discussion). However, she has worked with people such as Ingmar Bergmen who definitely do, and she has good reason to maintain those relationships.
;)

verdantheart said:
Perhaps I should clarify. I don't want to characterize Ms Olin as believing TV to be somehow "inferior" (or she well might have passed on the role of Irina in the first place and we wouldn't even be having this discussion). However, she has worked with people such as Ingmar Bergmen who definitely do, and she has good reason to maintain those relationships.
;)
Don't worry VH, we know you don't mean it like that (just thought I'd add I'm watching some TV show and one of the competiton winners was called "Lena", ha ha) okay back to my point. Ingmar Bergman :angry: , what's to say? Although the two did fall out for a few years because he wanted her to join the touring Swedish theatre group but she said no as her children school came first, so he sounds like a bit of an arse! ^_^

Milferd Posted on Jun 15 2003, 08:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If I was Lena’s teenage son I might develop issues that I would have to have lots of therapy for."

What issues! He must know his Mother is an actress. If I was computer literate I'd have a lot of fun checking out what people were saying about Mother.

smegheadalways Posted on Jun 16 2003, 11:28 AM
"Ingmar Bergman , what's to say? Although the two did fall out for a few years because he wanted her to join the touring Swedish theatre group."

Mr Bergman, as brilliant a director as he was, obviously has control issues and probably needs the therapy Milferd referred too!

I am not discrediting his talent, as from what I've heard he's brilliant at what he does, however to be angry at her for not touring with the play as her daughter's school was more important, is rather well......pathetic! Well, that's my opinion and we are all allowed are own. ^_^

Back