Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

spywolf

Wicked Writer
Ok guys, this fic came to me when I was baking choclate chip cookies today. I have no idea where it will go, but it's something for me to work on when it's Alias Elle's turn to write a chapt. for our DareDevil/ Alias crossover fic 'Untitled'.

Story content, (not the characters or the series' main plot;) Copyright: 2003 by Spywolf

The characters and main plot of Alias are not mine, but the ideas in this fic are, (musicians and the CIA, mine. {you'll understand it later in the fic.})
I know I don't really need to do this, I trust you guys, but just to be on the safe side. Like my reviewers said, it's an original idea.

Chapter 1

It’s been six years since the takedown of SD-6, and the disappearance of one Sydney Bristow.

A middle aged woman walked into the LA branch of the CIA, headed towards the front desk. Her body was bruised and battered, her clothing was a mess. The guards paid no notice to her because of how she carried herself. She walked with a purpose, her body language spoke ‘stay out of my way, or else.’ She approached the front desk and the young man behind it.

“Excuse me,” Her voice was hoarse and pained, but the show of confidence demanded attention. “Is a Mr. Michael Vaughn in?”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry, but that is classified information, not open to the general public,” The youth replied apologetically. The woman reached into her tattered clothing and pulled out a very worn ID badge. With her shaky hand she held it out to him.

“I work here,” Came her anguished reply. The man took the card and examined it closely.

“Wow, these are really old,” He said, referring to the card. “You really should get it updated, it looks like you could use a new one anyway.” She just nodded.

“So, can you help me?” She asked tiredly.

“Oh yes, of course. I’m sorry.” He typed quickly on his computer, then shook his head and turned back to her. “Mr. Vaughn left hours ago, I should have guessed.” At the woman’s questioning glance, he went on. “I don’t know why exactly, but he spends as little time here as he can. Somebody told me that it’s because he lost somebody important to him in this business, I don’t really know. Apparently he didn’t always used to be like that. director Kendall told me once that there was a time when he would stay long after hours just to make sure everything went off without a hitch in his missions. Is there anything else I can do for you?” The woman appeared to be in thought for a moment, then she spoke with great effort.

“What about a Mr. Eric Weiss, is he in?” At the name Weiss, the youth made a face. “What is it?” She questioned.

“He’s here all right, but I don’t think you’d want to talk to him, not worn out like you are. That guy is detestable to say the least.” She raised her eyebrows as to question him, so he went on. “He used to be a really great guy, or so I’m told, but that was a long time ago. Now he’s just cold. They say he changed around the time Mr. Vaughn did. That guy is to the point, and makes sure the job gets done. Some people don’t believe he has any humor in his whole body, let alone being a joker back in the day. I believe it though. You can tell what he used to be like by when he speaks to Vaughn and Mr. Bristow, he cracks jokes, and tries really hard to get Vaughn to smile, but it rarely works. Some dumb rookie once asked him if he could try being a decent person, and you know what he said? He said, ‘bring Bristow back from the dead and I’ll tell you every gorram bar joke I know.’ That confused a lot of people, because Mr. Bristow is alive and well. But apparently he had a daughter who was killed in the business. She didn’t even have a choice to join. They say she was a double for SD-6, that agency that crumbled years ago? Well apparently she was the main force behind it. Except a month after the takedown, she disappeared. Kidnapped, ran, no one really knew. Mr. Bristow and Mr. Vaughn apparently led several teams looking for her, but to no avail. There wasn’t even a body. She was pronounced dead a year after she vanished. There’s a star for her on the wall, but it doesn't have her name, it can’t.” When the man finished, he looked at the woman’s face, she had tears in her eyes.

“Can you please take me to Mr. Weiss’ office?” She murmured.

“If you’re sure, follow me please,” He said kindly. He led her to Eric Weiss’ office, the exact same one he had six years ago. The man went up to the door and knocked.

“What is it?” Demanded a cold voice from within. No matter how cruel it sounded however, she recognized it at once, Weiss.

“Um, sir, sorry to bother you, but there’s someone here to see you,” The youth managed.

“I said I didn’t want to be disturbed!” He roared from within.

“Sorry Miss, he gets like this whenever he’s going over Rambaldi information,” The man whispered to her.

“Uh, I- I think it’s important, sir,” The man then braced himself for an answer.

“Well tell them to see Barnett!” The voice commanded. The woman saw that she wasn’t going to be able to see Weiss unless she said something. As it was she almost laughed and cringed at the same time when he mentioned Barnett.

“Shhhh! The yo-yo is sleeping! And I don’t want to see Barnett, you can’t make me,” She said, as loudly as her frail body could manage. Weiss heard it however, and thought not recognizing the voice, new something was up, because only a few people knew him when he said things like ‘don’t wake up the yo-yo.’ The receptionist and the woman waited as they heard him hastily arise from his desk, and curse as he bumped some part of him, probably a knee or foot, against the desk. The door flew open a moment later, and Weiss was prepared to yell until he saw the woman feebly standing behind the young man. She was beaten badly, and underfed, both large understatements.

“Sydney!?”

more plz :D poor Weiss. Poor Vaughn Poor Jack, Poor Syd...
--mandy :angelic:

Thank you guys for all of your reviews! Here's the next installment:

Chapter 2

“Sydney!?”

Weiss ran up to her and enveloped Sydney in a desperate hug. She cringed and inhaled quickly, so Weiss jerked back. She had felt like only skin and bones to him, and it almost seemed as though she could snap like a twig. “Sydney, are you all right?” For the first time he took a step back and took in her battered, beaten form. “Oh god,” He breathed.

“Sir?” The man from the desk asked, clearly confused.

“You don’t know who this is, do you? This is Sydney Bristow!” Weiss exclaimed.

“The Sydney Bristow? Oh my god...” The youth was stunned.

“Go get Director Kendall, and bring him here now,” Weiss told him. “Sydney, come with me, you need to get cleaned up and eat something.” Weiss gently took Sydney by the arm and led her into his office as the desk clerk went running to fetch Kendall. Once in the office, Eric sat her down at his desk, and rustled through his desk drawer, pulling out a brown paper bag. At her questioning glance, he explained. “Turkey with a little bit of mayo. Here, eat.” Weiss handed her the sandwich. He could tell she was hungry, but she gratefully took it and ate slowly.

“They only fed me once a week, and just enough to keep me alive, I don’t want to sick this up once I’ve eaten it.” Sydney explained. Weiss only looked at her, horrified at what she’d been through. “So, what have I missed?” Sydney asked him.

“Oh well, um, let’s see. Everyone missed you like crazy, but Kendall being the ass that he is called off the search after a year ‘following protocol.’ Jack and Vaughn continued searching for another year, but they to had to eventually give up, Kendall threatened to lock them up for wasting resources. God, Syd, if we’d have known-” Sydney took his hand and nodded understandingly. “Vaughn tried to kill himself,” Weiss blurted out.

“What!?” Sydney cried out.

“Well, he didn’t want to go on without you. I stopped him in time though, and told him that’s not what you would have wanted. He hasn’t tried it since. That was in the beginning, about four years ago. You can tell it hurts him every day to live, though.” A few tears silently began to fall from her eyes.

“I’m so sorry-” She began, but Eric cut her off.

“Don’t be sorry. There’s nothing you could do, Syd. We know you didn’t want to be there,” He demanded softly.

“Every bar joke you know, huh?” Sydney asked, trying to lighten the mood.

“What?” Weiss exclaimed, confused.

“That man from the desk told me that you said if someone could bring Sydney Bristow back from the dead, you would tell them ‘every gorram bar joke you knew.’ That’s got to be a lot.”
Sydney spelled out for him.

“Oh, yea! Sometime I’ll tell you them all, too. But Syd, what did they do to you?” He finally asked, his voice full of concern.

“It’s a long and painful story, and I’d like to tell only once,” She replied sadly. Just then something dawned on Weiss.

“Do you want me to call Vaughn?” Sydney’s eyes lit up immediately. She nodded vigorously.

“Stupid question, right? I bet you’ve missed him as much as he’s missed you.”

“More,” Sydney said.

“I don’t know, in the missing you department I think Mikey is pretty hard to beat. I’ll let you argue it out with him though,” He said as he picked up the phone.

“Can you put it on speaker phone? I don’t want to talk, I just need to hear his voice,” Sydney asked timidly. Weiss just smiled and nodded understandingly. He put on the speaker phone and dialed Vaughn’s number.

“Hello?”An extremely depressed male voice answered.

“So this guy walks up to a bar and asks-” Weiss began.

“Weiss? What do you want? Can’t you stop pestering me with jokes?” Vaughn asked coldly.

“No, I can’t, actually. And you need to get your sorry ass down here right now.” Weiss said, his voice full of authority.

“You know I hate it there, I- I can’t” Sydney’s heart broke at how crushed and lost he sounded.

“You have to, I promise you man, you won’t regret it,” Weiss replied.

“What’s with you? Why are you so happy all of a sudden?” Vaughn inquired.

“Just get here,” Weiss demanded, and with that he hung up the phone before Vaughn could respond.

“He sounded so- so lost,” Sydney whispered. Weiss couldn’t help but grin at her concern.

“Yea well, that’ll be fixed soon enough. You don’t sound so fulfilled yourself,” Weiss countered. The last thing he wanted was Sydney feeling guilty. She had nothing to feel bad about, well at least not mentally, she had to be hurting physically enough. Weiss went and got Sydney some water to go with the sandwich, and she drank it rather thirstily. So the two of them sat in silence, Sydney eating, and the two of them mentally preparing themselves for the reunion between Sydney and Vaughn.

Wow, spywolf, you're a great writer!! I love this story, I can't wait to see what happens next!!

::looks around:: Don't tell anyone I did this....but...

*walks calmly out of the room, like a normal person* :eek: :eek:

Friggin' WOW! Jo walked out like a normal person!!! Wait... what is normal, anyway? I know I'm not....OK, gonna shut up now. (<I seem to be doing that a lot.) Anyhoo, thanx for the compliments. I'll get the next part up sometime... How do you think Kendall should react to her being back?

spywolf said:
Friggin' WOW! Jo walked out like a normal person!!! Wait... what is normal, anyway? I know I'm not....OK, gonna shut up now. (<I seem to be doing that a lot.) Anyhoo, thanx for the compliments. I'll get the next part up sometime... How do you think Kendall should react to her being back?
You don't wanna know what's normal for me, if that's what your wondering! Normal is climbing poles, jumping over people...whatever....I think Kendall should be surprised, maybe...well, obviously!! DUH, JO's stupid right now! Sorry! Um...I think when Jack and Vaughn find out, they'll start yelling at kendall for stopping the search and she'd still been alive all that time taking the torture...I don't know, Kendall would be indifferent...an agents back, give her 2 days off, give her a mission! LMAO! Acutally, in this case, maybe two months off...two years...two lifetimes...LMAO! Ok, sorry! I'm gonna shut up now too!

Thanx for the ideas Jo, now you guys will just have to wait and see. Like I said, this is a side project, my man project is the DD/Alias crossover that I'm working on with Alias Elle. She just poseted a new chapter over there, so I have to work on my next piece for that. Once I get that posted though, I'll come back here. Thanks for all of your great reviews! I'd love it if you could check out my other fic while you wait, it's called 'The Reposting of: Untitled.' Original name, huh? But anyway, Alias Elle put up a new chapter to it, and it's really good. Sorry to make you wait!

Thanx for the reviews! Ok, here you go...

A/N: Ummm rated PG-13 for language

Chapter 3

Director Kendall barged into Jack Bristow’s office in a huff.

“Jack, come with me, now.” Jack was sitting at his desk, again going over leads to Sydney’s whereabouts. Kendall couldn’t yell at him for studying it in his free time, and he spent every extra second he had examining and reexamining the information. He refused to believe that his daughter was gone. Since her disappearance, Jack began to look more weary, as though six years had been more like twenty.

“What is it?” Jack demanded. He hated being interrupted while he was so focused.

“I don’t know, but you’re coming with me to find out. One of the receptionists from the front desk came running to my office saying that Weiss had to ld him to send me to his office at once. The kid was freaked out. Weiss respects you more than he does me, so you’re going to handle this.” Jack almost protested, but he was curious now, so he rose to follow Kendall to Weiss’ office. On their way, Kendall and Jack saw Michael Vaughn headed in the same direction.

“Mr. Vaughn, is everything all right?” Jack questioned. He knew Vaughn never stayed any longer than he had to, and was surprised to see him.

“Ummm, actually, I have no idea. Weiss just called me and told me to get here, fast,” Vaughn explained.

“Well something is happening, he sent for me as well, in fact, that’s where we’re going,” Kendall explained irritably. Soon they neared Weiss’ office, and they heard something they hadn’t heard in almost six years, Weiss laugh. As they neared the door they could hear Weiss’ now jovial voice.

“Ok, so this guy walks into a bar-” Upon hearing this, Vaughn became furious. He was there when Eric had made that promise about the bar jokes and bringing Sydney back. Was he insulting her memory? Kendall also seemed irritated that he was called urgently only to hear Weiss laughing. Kendall barged through the door to his office, thoroughly pissed.

“Agent Weiss, what the hell-” Kendall began to yell. Sydney, reflexively put her head between her knees and shielded herself with her hands. Weiss saw this immediately.

“Shhhhh! Don’t yell!” He hissed at Kendall. Weiss directed their attention to the now trembling form curled in a ball in the seat next to him. No one could see her face, only a mangled body. Vaughn’s eyes grew wide in shock, as did Jack’s a moment later.

“No-” Vaughn began.

***Heh, I’m mean, that’s kind of a cliffhanger. More will be up sometime, but Alias is going to be on soon, so that’s all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back