Coming Home

well... i don't know if telling a lie is the smartest idea... but.. i guess.. syd has her reasons. i just hope that charlie gets to know her real dad. i think she deserves it.

so i read somewhere on here that someone said that u had this whole story posted at sd-1 is that true??? cuz if so i cant find it and i neep help!?! :blush:

**Rachel

I know I haven't updated yesterday... *sorry*

Evening classes keep me busy and make me tired... Went straight to sleep once I was back home :angelic:

Tonight I have Dany over... so we'll see how that goes but I might be able to drop in ;)

Thanks for reviews and for loving this fic... :P

:hug: your cookie

*points to self* HAPPY LAUR!

At least Vaughn and Charlie got to get to interact a bit, hm?

:D

MORE!

I'm glad he's going to the school play, and I think I'll cry if he really DOES leave! (then maybe get a bit :torch: -ish)

:P

Loved it.

Lauren

Awww! Four chapters to go... :cry:

*sniffles into Cookie's shoulder* I don't want this to eeeeend... They will somehow fix things up between them when everyone goes to the play, right? Cos I don't want Charlie to grow up without her daddy by her side, cos that um.. What'shisnameguy will eventually leave after four days, and Cai doesn't want to see Charlie's wittle heart being bwoken all over again!

:cry:

That was soooo sweet how he helped her with her lines though... Awwwies! But Syd... I get why she's so hesitant to invite Vaughn back into her life.. *shakes head* If only you weren't so stupid before, Vaughnie... *sigh*

I hope everything goes well with the actual play though! :woot: *jumps up and down* Can't wait for an update Cookums!

Cai
x

hey cookie. im new and dont really no what a pm is but can u please pm me please, please,please. great story. its wicked.

<o> ALIAS_chick <o>

Part 11/14

Sure enough Vaughn didn’t need to do any further errands but simply returned to his sad life. It was far too hard to tell that little girl that he indeed would never see her ever again after tonight. The look on her face popped into his mind and he just couldn’t get away with it. He felt a connection between them and something in his heart told him that Sydney way lying, but why? Why wouldn’t she tell him the truth? He would understand it for Sydney being mad at him for sure, but would that be a reason enough not to tell him that they had a daughter together, their daughter being Charlie?

He’s been wandering around their neighbourhood for a couple of hours, pondering about the situation he was in. Today was Christmas eve, tomorrow Christmas and in one week New Year’s eve. Then a couple of days later he would get back to a new life. A life alone and a sad one. He’ll have to accommodate to the new situation of his new job, teaching French class to teenager girls for the next two years before moving back to France again.

Yet he didn’t know what Eric was about to do. Would he have time, could they still be friends after what he had done to their friendship? His life was definitely a real mess and he hated it.

He drove home and quickly got changed into some tuxedo and took the cab to the Jefferson Elementary School. With the resolutions of getting a car and a house right after the holidays made it a little bit easier for him to go on with the next couple of days to come before the New Year.

“Daddy, Daddy, come on hurry! We’re going to be late!” Charlotte screamed from the bottom of the stairs. Sydney and Charlie started to get nervous because Jason took a long time to get ready.

“And men say that women take a long time to get dressed!” Sydney muttered.

“What did you say mummy?”

“Hm, nothing sweetheart!” Just then Jason trotted down the stairs, kissing Sydney on the cheek

“How do I look?”

“Great! Come on let’s go” she threw at him, without even looking at him as she was supposed to.

They hurried into the car and drove to the School. Charlotte was of course all ecstatic in the backseat. Talking about what a great day it was for her that both her father and her mother were going to be there to watch her. Even her grandfather was going to be there. It was her day and everybody who loved her was going to be there! She smiled so happy and it almost tore Sydney’s heart as she glanced at Charlotte sitting behind her.

“Hey grandpa!” Charlie ran towards her grandfather who lifted her up over his shoulders.

“There’s my little angel, you ready? Hey Sydney!” he greeted his own daughter.

“Hi Dad” “Yes I am” both mother and daughter exclaimed at the same time.

“Ok, then let’s go. Hmmm Sydney, who’s that man with you?” giving Jason a strange look. One that would say “don’t you dare touch my daughter” and Jason unfortunately noticed too

“Dad, that’s Jason. I told Charlie that it was her father” Sydney explained her dad, once Charlie was off to the backstage.

“What?”

“I know dad, I know it wasn’t the right thing to do, but I just can’t change it right now, so could you just please play along. For the name of your granddaughter, please dad!”

“You know Syd, that’s something I would have never expected from you! I’m slightly disgusted but if you think that this is the right thing to do, yes I will, but only because of my little angle” he turned around and went to sit down on his seat.

“Dad!” Sydney joined him “That’s not the only thing” Jack didn’t move or say anything. He just rolled his eyes wondering what else would follow “Michael’s also going to be here tonight”

“What?” Jason took that moment to interrupt their conversation.

“Does anybody want to see some pictures? I just took them at the backstage.” He exclaimed joyfully.

“No!” “No!” Jack and Sydney almost screamed out loud. “Sorry, Jason, would you mind leaving me and my father alone for a while, there’s something we need to discuss?”

“Ok, no problem. I’ll go to the backstage again for some more. You just need to give me a sign to come back” He kissed Sydney once again, when Charlie popped out her head between the curtains to see where her family was sitting. They all waved at her. She smiled but Sydney noticed it was a forced smile. Something was up with her.

“Dad, Michael is going to be here tonight and I don’t want you to jump on him, make him feel bad, treat him with any kind of bad word that is on your mind, or what else do I know. He’s gonna be here tonight and that’s it. And don’t blow it Dad! I seriously mean it. The situation is already awkward enough.”

“I didn’t say anything Sydney. If you want to lie to your daughter that’s your problem. But if ever she asks me, I won’t be the one lying to her Syd! And I mean THAT seriously. As much as I hate Vaughn right now, for leaving you alone, I always thought that he deserves to know that this child is his. And with that said, the subject is closed!”

Jack focused his eyes on the still closed curtains and sighed quite furious after his daughter. Sydney sighed too… this was going to end up very wrong.

tbc

Jason has no idea what kind of family he is involved with.

“I didn’t say anything Sydney. If you want to lie to your daughter that’s your problem. But if ever she asks me, I won’t be the one lying to her Syd! And I mean THAT seriously. As much as I hate Vaughn right now, for leaving you alone, I always thought that he deserves to know that this child is his. And with that said, the subject is closed!”

Jack focused his eyes on the still closed curtains and sighed quite furious after his daughter. Sydney sighed too… this was going to end up very wrong.
Imagine that, Jack not lying. He had no problem lying to Sydney when she was younger.

Sydney is right, this is going to end up wrong.

Took you long enough it was going to go wrong Sydney...But I still like you :smiley:

This night has the receipe for disaster written all over it

Can't wait to see how they're gonna get out of that one..

Oh yeah, it's going to end up very wrong. But she should've thought about it before.
I love Jack! And I do want him to jump on Michael, make him feel bad, treat him with any kind of bad word that is on his mind, or what else do I know. :angelic:

Back