Coming Together

Previously...

Sydney groaned at the movement that disturbed her sleep and finally opened her eyes to find her daughter watching her. “Good morning, sweetheart.”
“You came back,” Jolie said in a small voice.

Chapter 5:

“Sweetheart,” Sydney began, stroking her daughter’s hair. “We didn’t abandon you. We just went out for a little while. We’ve left you alone before and have gone out, just Mommy and Daddy.”

“Yeah…but not with a stranger and when we were home and not on vacation. I got scared you were going to leave me here.”
“Never. You’re one of us now. It’s me, you and Daddy…forever.”
“Okay,” the little girl whispered.
“Geez, could you two make any more noise in the morning?” Vaughn asked grumpily, breaking the silence.
“Sorry, Daddy.”
“Sorry? I’ll give you sorry.” Vaughn suddenly grabbed Jolie and began to tickle her mercilessly as she half screamed, half giggled. Finally he placed her on top of his chest and smoothed her hair back as he kissed her nose. “I love you, little girl.”
“Me too, Daddy. Me too,” she replied before burying her face into his chest.

“Come on, let’s get ready to meet Aunt Nadia and Uncle Eric for the Character breakfast,” Sydney said, prodding Vaughn and Jolie on their sides.
“Yay!” Jolie cheered. “I can’t wait to see Mary Poppins and Alice and all the other characters!” She scrambled off the bed and ran into her room where she promptly got dressed.

~~~

As the five family members enjoyed their buffet breakfast, they suddenly spotted two more familiar figures heading their way.
“GRANDMA!” Jolie shrieked and ran from the table, launching herself at her grandmother.
Sydney looked up in shock. “Dad, Mom! What are you doing here?”

“Well, we came to celebrate New Years with all of you. I know you wanted to be alone for Christmas, but we just felt it would be right to be together as a family for New Years, especially once Eric and Nadia decided to book the trip as well.”
“You planned this!” Sydney said, smiling and shaking her head.
“Maybe,” Jack replied, smirking.
“Grandma…can you take me back to the Animal Kingdom today?” Jolie begged and Irina looked towards her daughter.

“If you and Dad want to spend some time with her today, you can use mine and Vaughn’s park passes. Just make sure she naps at some point or she won’t last through the New Years festivities.”
Irina nodded and looked back at Jolie. “What do you say, kiddo? You want to spend some time with me and Grandpa today and let Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Nadia and Uncle Eric hang out?” Jolie nodded vigorously and hugged her grandmother around the neck tightly, as the two were very close.

Everyone smiled and Sydney handed over her room key card. “Here’s my key, you can go get anything she needs and take her back there when you want to put her down for a nap. Vaughn and I have our cell phones.”
“Thanks,” Jack said, taking the key. “We’ll see you all later. Have fun today.”
“You too,” Sydney said, as her and Vaughn stood up to kiss their daughter goodbye.
“Be good for Grandma and Grandpa,” Vaughn warned his little girl and she smiled in response before the three of them walked away.

~~~

Around five, Sydney and Vaughn let themselves into their suite to find Jack and Irina quietly talking in the common room.
“Hey! Is she sleeping?” Sydney inquired and got a nod in response.
“She’s been down for about an hour. I think we wore her out,” Jack said.

“Ha, not the opposite?” Vaughn replied, smiling.
“Nah. She couldn’t keep up with us. But she had fun.”
“Great. Thanks for taking her out today.”
“No problem. We’re going to go get ready for dinner. So we’ll see you in a few hours?” Vaughn nodded and after they left, he pulled Sydney into an embrace.

“I think it’s great that the whole family is here to celebrate New Years together.”
“Me too.” Then, a devilish smile appeared on her face. “How much longer do you think our little princess is going to sleep? Do you think we have time for a shower…” she said, suggestively.
Vaughn laughed. “You’re so bad…” he mumbled as he kissed her and pulled her toward their bathroom.

~~~

Around eight thirty, the family gathered at the Japanese Hibachi style restaurant in Epcot center for a late, leisurely dinner before the midnight fireworks display and celebration.

When they left the restaurant, they wandered through some of the world pavilions before settling in a prime spot to watch the fireworks. Vaughn and Weiss purchased champagne from the France World pavilion, poured glasses for all the adults, and gave Jolie a glass of sprite.

“I’d just like to say that I’m really glad the whole family decided to come to Florida for New Years. Family is important and we should all be together on occasions like these. I’m thankful for having all of you in my life as the new year begins,” Sydney toasted, holding up her glass in one hand and holding Jolie tightly against her with her other arm.

The little girl drank her sprite and settled back in her mother’s arms, grasping her locket. She could feel the love from her family surrounding her and realized she was starting a brand new year with a real family…her family…and that she’d never be alone again.

The fireworks went off and the countdown began. As the clock officially changed to the new year, Jolie knew she had everything she always wished for and hugged her mother’s neck tightly as Vaughn sandwiched her between them when he kissed Sydney. In that moment, the family had finally come together as one, and they all felt it. In that moment, life was complete.

The end.

Thanks to all the readers. I know this fic was very very short but it was just supposed to be a cute, happy little holiday fic. I hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for future stories...

Happy Holidays everyone! Have a great holiday season!

PM:
Grassyass
LittleNicky
NadiaSantosFan
farliieansds225
dandan
6helterskelter6
vaughn4eva24
fieldstation
sydneymicheal

The ending to this story was absolutely perfect. I can't wait to read the sequel to "Retrieving the Weapon." Please PM me when you start posting. Thank you so much for sharing this great holiday story with us!

awwwwwwwwww :smiley:

i want a jolie. not just any kid, but this one. especially once you start posting the RTW sequel! i love her more there!!!

Back