Season 4 Commecial Breaks

Do you think that there are TOO MANY COMMERCIAL BREAKS?

• yeah! it's like watching an hour of commercials with Alias on the side!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sorta, there were more than normal, but it wasn't THAT bad...

• not really...I sort of noticed it...

• no, it's fine and normal

• Total voters
Yeah I noticed that too, glad I wasn't the only one. I don't know why but it was getting on my nerves a little. Definitely more than normal.

It's getting pretty out-of-control. I can't imagine what ABC is thinking. Is this the trade-off for having high ratings? Because if so, maybe it was better when they were lower. I'd be interested to know the ratio of show to commercials from last season compared to this season. But it'd be too boring to actually time it.

well, i have them all on DVD, and all of the episodes, S1-S3, last 42 minutes each, plus or minus...

so, 18 minutes of commercials in the past...

Definately! There were so many commercials. I can't remember an episode from the last three seasons that ever had so many. In fact I used to say how few they had!

Vaughnlover15 said:
dude there was like 6 commercials. i was getting pissed.
[post="1167997"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah, i think so too. i noticed it last week as well. it's like literally every 5-7 minutes, there's a 3 minute commercial break.

what was SO weird was, well, you know how the opening scene is usually 12 min. before a commercial or the opening credits?

tonight it was SIX!!!!

ARG!

I definitely was getting irritated with all the commercial breaks. I thought this episode was very good, but I felt the commercials took away from it also. Very annoying.

There were way too many! Have you noticed that Lost also runs a couple minutes late!? It felt like a commercial after every scene. And the commercials weren't just regualr commercials, they were long. I don't feel fullfilled. :P

All I gotta say is, Tivo..God bless Tivo. I start my watching at 7:40pm, with Lost, and then Alias and fast forward through all the commercials.

They have always started the show with a longer intro and then the commercials come every 5 minutes. They probably have a bigger budget and someone has to pay for it.

I want to know what's up with them starting the show at 9:01 or later???? I set my vcr and dvr to record at 9:00 and end at 10:01 and end up with about 3 minutes of Lost at the biggining and losing the very end of Alias and the promo? Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this too? :(

i definitely felt that the commercials got more screen time than alias! i was like :wtf: is this!

and startignt he show at like 10:05 is also the weirdest thing ever! why does abc always do that weird last 5 min repeat of Lost :confused:

Back