Complications

Title: Complications
Summary: Not quite sure yet...Syd and Vaughn meet, but their relationship soon gains complications...
Disclaimer: What do I own? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I don't even own the computer that I'm typing this at...how horrible is that? No, JJ and ABC and all those hotshots own Alias and Syd and Vaughn and whoever else I use...
A/N: I'm writing my first fanfic...not quite sure how it will turn out, or even if I'll continue...please R/R and tell me whatcha think! ^_^

Chapter 1

Sydney sighed and tucked another strand of hair behind her ear. She gave a little chuckle when she remembered Dixon calling it her “thing,” but the moment was fleeting. All she could think about was her life…her messy, complicated life.

Ok, thought Syd, I’ll just make it less complicated.

I work for SD-6.

I know that it is really not the CIA.

I am too afraid, yes, afraid, to go to the real CIA.

Sydney gave another sigh. Even listing it out didn’t make it better. The thrills and rushes that she used to get from missions are now drowned out by waves of guilt and a feeling that she couldn’t quite place.

The door creaked open, and Sydney’s head shot up.

“Hey, Syd,” said Francie, breaking out in a grin.

“Hey, Fran,” Sydney replied, her facing lighting up for the first time all day.

“Syd, you look…like you got run over. What’s been with you these last few weeks?”

“Ugh, Fran, I don’t know. My job is just really stressful.”

Francie nodded her head like she understood.

“Uh-huh. You know what you need? You need to get out! You need to go meet someone. I mean, I have Charlie.”

“Francie, honestly? I don’t have time for a boyfriend.”

“You might change your mind if you got one,” Francie laughed with a gleam in her eye. “Hey, let’s go out to my restaurant. Or to a club! You want to go to a club? Come on, Syd! Someday, when you’re old and gray, you’ll be wishing that you could actually go to a club.”

Heaving a sigh, Sydney knew she was beat.

“All right, all right. Fran, you win. Let me go change, ok?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn was feeding his dog, Donovan. He was also talking to Donovan. He tended to do that when he was bored or lonely. Which, frankly, seemed to be a lot of the time.

“You know, Donovan, you have a good life. Did you realize that? You have a bowl of food always here, you have your doggy bed, you have the couch, even though you know you’re not supposed to be on it, and you are never in a life-threatening situation.”

Donovan yawned and rolled over onto his back.

“Fine, fine, I’ll scratch your belly. See how good you have it? You even have me trained.”

“Yo, Vaughn!”

Vaughn jumped and turned around.

“Wha-? Weiss, man, you scared me!”

“Thought I was Donovan again, didn’t you?” laughed Weiss. “You know, when people start talking to their dogs…”

“Just save it,” snapped Vaughn.

“Yeah, remember that one conversation I heard?” asked Weiss, blatantly ignoring Vaughn’s comment. “You were deep in a discussion about whether you should wear boxers or briefs. People don’t usually ask their dog for advice about that.”

“Hey! I never had any conversation like that!”

“Oh, right, right. Anyway, I just wanted to swing by and see what you were doing. Obviously not very much.”

“Donovan and I were bonding. Is that such a bad thing?”

“Personally, I think that you two are bonded beyond the normal bonding of human and dog. You need to get out of here.”

Vaughn sighed.

“You know I can’t do that.”

“What, are you still waiting for Alice to call? She’s never going to call you back, Vaughn. I hate to break it to you, but there are important things in your life. She does not rank very highly. Your job does. CIA? Remember that? You have barely been in the office all week! Kendall was about to fire you, last I heard.”

“Weiss, just save it. I’m having a tough time. You know, Donovan never lectures me.”

“Ha. Very funny.”

“Donovan is a much better friend than you,” Vaughn spat.

“Sure. Suuure he is,” said Weiss. Still, he couldn’t help looking over at the dog. “Donovan, do we need to fight for him?”

Donovan just whined and put his head down.

“He usually is very perky,” Vaughn protested.

“Ok, seriously? We’re getting you out of here. Come on. Go change. We’re hitting the LA nightlife!”

:blink: ^_^

hey i love it so far!

it's interesting!

please keep continuing, it's a really good idea and i can't wait to see what happens next!

pm me when you update, k?

luv JuJu :harp:

:hi: hi!!

:jump: i like it!!! ^_^

“Thought I was Donovan again, didn’t you?” laughed Weiss. “You know, when people start talking to their dogs…”

“Just save it,” snapped Vaughn.

😆 haha i love Weiss!! :D

“Ok, seriously? We’re getting you out of here. Come on. Go change. We’re hitting the LA nightlife!”

:woot: they are so gonna meet in a club aren't they? :angelic:

anyways, please pm me when you update!! ^_^

Lianne :santasmile:

:santahi:

Summary: Not quite sure yet...Syd and Vaughn meet, but their relationship soon gains complications...

😆 kwel! ;)

“Francie, honestly?  I don’t have time for a boyfriend.”

:rolleyes:

Someday, when you’re old and gray, you’ll be wishing that you could actually go to a club.

😆 right...

Vaughn was feeding his dog, Donovan.  He was also talking to Donovan.  He tended to do that when he was bored or lonely.  Which, frankly, seemed to be a lot of the time.

aww poor Vaughn...bored...guess he won't be bored for a long time :angelic:
and okay, dont mock...I actually talk to my sis's dog sometimes :blush:

Donovan yawned and rolled over onto his back.

“Fine, fine, I’ll scratch your belly.  See how good you have it?  You even have me trained.”

:mixed:

“Thought I was Donovan again, didn’t you?” laughed Weiss.  “You know, when people start talking to their dogs…”

luv Weiss! :lol:

“Donovan is a much better friend than you,” Vaughn spat.

aww bad vaughnie...

“Ok, seriously?  We’re getting you out of here.  Come on.  Go change.  We’re hitting the LA nightlife!”

:lol: :jump: luv that!

good start! haha poor Vaughn...forget Alice man! :rolleyes:
someone's waiting for ya out there... :angelic:

could I get a PM when u update? :Please:

Sci :stupid:

Syd_Vaughn 4ver said:
:woot: they are so gonna meet in a club aren't they?  :angelic:

[post="1123588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

maaaaaaaaybe :rolleyes:

YAY thank you all for reading!! :jump:

it's my first story, i thought no one would like it... :blush:

anyway, PM LIST!!! woo hoo i have a PM list!!!!!!

Bubbles
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Scialet

thank you all for reading!!!!!! oh, haha, i already said that.... ^_^

thank you SO much everyone for reading! ^_^ and no, krzykty57789, they don't know each other... :rolleyes:

Chapter 2

“Syd, ok, look. You can’t go to a club wearing that.” Francie, as always, was blunt.

“Why not? I like this shirt,” said Sydney, looking down at it.

“Hello? If you’re looking to pick up a guy, you need to wear something that’s, uh, well, sexier! What about that cute little dress you have?”

Sydney sighed and pushed her hair out of her face.

“Ok, Fran, just this once. Just tonight. And that is IT.”

“Huh?” Francie was a blunt, say-it-like-you-mean-it person. She wasn’t the best at picking up subtle hints.

“You can dress me up however you want. Do my hair. Do my makeup. Make me a star! Whatever you want, but just this once, Fran.”

Francie’s eyes grew wide. “Really, Syd? Yes! I love this kind of stuff. You know, maybe I should have been a make-up artist for movie stars or something. I would have been good at that.” She trailed off, looking thoughtful.

“Uh, Fran?”

“What? Oh, sorry.” Francie laughed. She laughed that beautiful, hearty laugh that always made Sydney jealous. No wonder Francie had a boyfriend. She had such a pretty laugh! Sydney didn’t have a pretty laugh. She thought her laugh was timid and shy. Then again, Sydney was always comparing herself to Francie. This time, she’d let Francie doll her up and she would look almost as pretty as Francie.

“So, Fran, what first?”

As Francie began to boss Sydney around, she thought to herself, You know, maybe this will be fun. We can go out and have fun, just like old times. I can forget about the 10 o’clock meeting with Sloane and all of my SD-6 worries. I’ll just have a good time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn tramped down the stairs in one of his favorite shirts.

“Uh-uh. You can’t wear that shirt,” said Weiss.

“What? Why not?” asked a flabbergasted Vaughn.

“Uh, for one, Donovan peed on that last week. You don’t want to go meet a lady smelling like dog urine. Not exactly a turn on, my man.”

Vaughn looked down at his shirt and sniffed it.

“I don’t smell anything…”

“Vaughn! Just…just go change,” managed Weiss as he pinched his nose shut.

Vaughn gave an audible sigh and turned around. When he finally made it back downstairs, he gave Weiss a sideways look.

“You couldn’t smell it way over there!”

Weiss laughed. “Uh, no, not really, no.”

Vaughn cracked a smile and shoved Weiss.

“Yeah, yeah hold up. I’m still recovering from my near-death experience.”

“What? That was like, 2 years ago!”

“I’m a delicate man, Vaughn.”
“Yeah, you’re so delicate that you survived getting shot. Makes perfect sense to me,” laughed Vaughn.

“Ok,” said Weiss, rubbing his hands together, “Go and brush your hair, and put on some cologne and go look nice. We are leaving sometime tonight, right?”

“Yeah,” said Vaughn as he headed back up the stairs, “But we can’t be out too late, remember? We have to meet with Devlin tomorrow morning.”

A/N: I just realized that I’m not sure when this takes place. It could be around Season 3, but Syd isn’t part of the CIA, so I don’t know how that works…:thinking: And she knows that SD-6 is bad, so that doesn’t exactly follow the storyline…but, yeah ^_^ Oh, and don’t worry…they all WILL make it out of their apartments! heehee ^_^

PM LIST

Bubbles
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Scialet
Ms.MichaelVaughn
krzykty57789

NICE!
i liked it very much!

s/v meeting next chap!

yes yes yes

*bounces up and down excitedly*

i actually beat the pm for this

but then it didn't post coz my computer d/c me from the internet

but OMG upate soon!

ok ok ok! heeeeeeeeeere it is!

but, be warned, it's very short...

it was gonna be part of chapter 4, but, alas...

to encourage me to post more, i sure do like those quoted reviews ;)

and HOW do you DO THAT, anyway? i have yet to figure this out...

oh yeah, next chapter! ^_^

Chapter 3

“Ok, Sydney Anne Bristow! Let’s GO!” called Francie.

Sydney was sitting on her bed. “Fran, are you sure we should?”

“If you don’t get down here in TWO SECONDS, then I’ll just call random people in the phone book and tell them that you love them.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“See if I would. Let’s go!”

Hooking arms, the two friends walked out of the apartment, laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Vaughn, we’re leaving. Looking at the phone won’t make it ring,” said Weiss.

“Yeah, but, you know…” Vaughn trailed off, looking at his phone.

“Vaughn! Alice LEFT YOU! For that guy she met in Hawaii! She’s not gonna call you back!”

“Fine, fine…”

“Good! Ok! Let’s go!”

Weiss made sure Vaughn was out of the house and away from the phone before slamming the door shut. Donovan’s head was visible through the window, looking sad at their departure.

PM LIST

Bubbles
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Scialet
Ms.MichaelVaughn
krzykty57789
sydney_alias_vaughn

“If you don’t get down here in TWO SECONDS, then I’ll just call random people in the phone book and tell them that you love them.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“See if I would. Let’s go!”
LMAO!
:roftlmao:

that was funny!
lol i did that to my bro once
i called this random girl

and she like started liking him

it was so funny haha

“Vaughn, we’re leaving. Looking at the phone won’t make it ring,” said Weiss.

“Yeah, but, you know…” Vaughn trailed off, looking at his phone.

“Vaughn! Alice LEFT YOU! For that guy she met in Hawaii! She’s not gonna call you back!”

“Fine, fine…”
*shakes head*
why would you LEAVE michael vaughn?
:blink:

Donovan’s head was visible through the window, looking sad at their departure.
aww
donnie!

ok to do the quotes, you type this:

Code:
 [quote] <insert the quote here by a copy paste or something [/quote]

Bubbles said:
*shakes head*
why would you LEAVE michael vaughn?
:blink:
[post="1124630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

uh... :thinking: ...so that the story worked...?

oh! by the way! i wasn't sure how to get a beta, so i just started posting, but i still want one, SO if anyone knows where to find me a beta, just holler!

so :Please: help me find a :beta: so then i will :hug: you!

yes, emoticons are :coolio:! heehee ^_^

oh! by the way! i wasn't sure how to get a beta, so i just started posting, but i still want one, SO if anyone knows where to find me a beta, just holler!

^_^ i'll beta for you if you want! :smiley:

anyways,

“You wouldn’t!”

😆 haha Francie's so funny! it's quite mean, but it would be funny!! :lol:

:woot: i can't wait for them to get to the club!!! :jump: excitement!! lol

thanks for the pm ^_^

Syd_Vaughn 4ver said:
^_^ i'll beta for you if you want!  :smiley:
[post="1125391"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

would you REALLY???? :notworthy:

WOW YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

i have a couple more chapters done...so how do i get them to you? email? pm? :confused:

hey, i just realized that it was YOU who i was talking to awhile ago on AIM...because that was different so i didn't connect it...!

but you haven't been on in a long time! ah, well! OK YOU ARE NOW THE BETA FOR MY STORY AND I :notworthy: YOU!

lol about the leaving vaughn thing
yes it's good that alice left him
but still
it's weird how any girl on the planet would do that!

and lol you already found a beta
but if you still need one, ask me
i'm more than happy to
but if i can't, seriously, i don't mind

but whatever you choose, UPDATE SOON

Back