Compromise, Sacrifice, and a Silent Hope

Alias_babe2007 said:
GG being nicer? Is that possible? lol

Lookie Kristi, I got a new reader! yay!

Kim, most spoilers are bad...stay away from them...they will make you suffer...I hope this one does too, bc/ then my job is done :smiley:
^_^ Yeah, it is. And she is being nicer. ^_^

I saw that! :smiley: *waves* hi!

And I agree...most spoilers are bad...except....some are good....but mostly bad.

:lol: I wrote today....did YOU? :angelic:

I'm almost done. We have achievement testing this week, so if I don't have it up tonight, I will finish it tomorrow at school and post tomorrow. :smiley: Thanks for still reading this guys!

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 5</span>

It was a week before Sydney was discharged from the hospital; another two days before Jack thought she was well enough to board a plane and fly back to LA. During those last two days, she had stayed in a safe house with 24-hour surveillance, because Jack was taking no chances. He had formulated a plan to keep Sydney safe, and before she could go home, he needed to carry it out.

She didn’t know what he was doing, and she never found out what exactly he did do, but SD-6 was something that she didn’t have to worry about when she went back. In fact, she only knew that somehow her mother had helped, and that SD-1 and the Alliance no longer existed and was no longer a problem for them—for her. But it meant nothing, felt empty, without Vaughn there to share it with. It had been their goal, and it had been accomplished without either of them.

When she got home, the questions came flooding out. Explaining what had happened to Francie was difficult. The lying that it involved almost tore her apart as much as the whole ordeal had. At first, Sydney had been in so much shock; she couldn’t feel anything when Francie asked all her questions. Not even when she asked if she was alone when the whole thing happened and how the bank could be so careless as to leave her partner-less for something that was as major as this when she got Sydney’s answer. Syd numbly watched Francie, not feeling anything until Francie burst out with a comment that reminded her of all that had passed.

“I can’t believe that not even that Michael guy went with you!”

“Michael,” Sydney whispered.

The memory of their first-and last- kiss was emblazed in her mind and it was repeating itself over and over. Each time she saw it, it hurt more, digging the already large hole in her heart even deeper. She couldn’t focus on anything except it, and the odd look on her face must have worried her friends a little.

Francie looked at her questionably. “Um, Syd, are you okay.”

“I just have to go to bed, Fran. I’m sorry.”

She no longer felt numb, and for the first time since she had cried on her father’s shoulder in the hospital, Sydney felt tears welling up in her eyes as the hurt consumed her heart. She turned and ran to her room leaving Will and Francie staring at her retreating back simply stunned.

“You think we should do anything?” Francie asked Will, hoping he had some clue as to what was happening.

“No, I think she needs to be alone. Francie, there’s obviously something she doesn’t want us to know, or she would have told us.”

“But what if she just can’t tell us? Maybe the bank won’t let her, or maybe she just doesn’t feel like she can.”

“If we need to know, she’ll tell us. I’m sure that-“

Francie put a hand up to silence him. “Shh! Will, do you hear that?”

Anyone could hear Sydney’s sobbing through her closed door, all the way to the living room. Will glanced down the hallway and then back to Francie.

“Do you think-” he began, only to be cut off once again by Francie.

“Go talk to her, Will. Maybe she’ll tell you,” her eyes were pleading him to go and do something, to fix her best friend, and to make things she didn’t understand okay.

“Alright,” he replied as he stood, picked up Sydney’s luggage that had been forgotten at the door, and make his way down the hallway to the closed door that did little to cover up the fact that Sydney was crying.

He gently knocked on the door and waited for a reply. When none come, he figured she hadn’t heard him. Not knowing what to do, he looked back down the hall to Francie, who was watching him. Will thought he saw her brush a few tears away quickly as she gave him a small smile and a nod. He did not understand why there was so much crying.

‘Sydney may have a reason,’ he thought, ‘but what is Fran’s excuse?’

With that, he opened the door and stuck his head inside. Darkness enveloped the room and it took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust enough to see Sydney on her bed, crying into her pillow.

“Syd?” He asked.

When she didn’t reply, he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him. After letting his eyes fully adjust to the darkness, and setting her bags down on the floor, he walked over, turned the bathroom light on, and partially shut the door so that the light wouldn’t be too bright.

As he walked over to her bed where Sydney, as vulnerable as he had ever seen her (worse then when Danny had been killed even), was being racked with sobs, Will whispered her name again, a little louder. Hearing him for the first time, she lifted her head from the tear soaked pillow.

“Oh, Will,” she sobbed. “What have I done?”

He climbed up next to her and sat down. Glancing up at him, with tears in her eyes she asked, “What am I suppose to do? I feel so lost and alone, Will. Everything’s gone. I’ve lost. It’s over.”

Gently, he lifted her and cradled her in his arms, allowing her to cry against his chest. He didn’t know what was wrong, but he knew she needed someone to be there for her. By the reaction she had given to Francie’s comment about Vaughn, Will had a strong feeling it had to do with him. But before he could beat the felgercarb out of the man, he had to know what he had done to his usually amazingly strong best friend.

“What did he do to you, Syd?” He murmured.

Bewildered, she looked at him with confusion filled eyes. “Who, Will?”

With a sigh, he replied, “Vaughn. What did he do? Because, I swear, Syd, if he-“

Sydney cut him off by placing her hand over his mouth. She was no longer confused though.

“It wasn’t him,” she croaked, barely getting the words out before the tears started up more then before.

“I’m sorry, Syd. When I saw your reaction to Francie mentioning his name, I figured he had done something. Do you want to tell me what happened?”

“There’s nothing you can do about it, Will,” she sobbed.

He hated seeing her like this. Feeling the need to help, to do anything for her, he replied, “I could try. Will you let me try, Syd? I could talk to Vaughn about whatever’s wrong, maybe I could help.”

“You don’t understand! No one can help!”

“Don’t say that Syd, don’t give up hope.”

To him his words felt empty. Without a clue as to what was going on, how was he supposed to say something to make her feel better?

“Hope?” she bitterly asked. “What more is there to have hope in? To hope for? To live for?”

“Live for you. Live for Vaughn, Syd. What do you think he’d say to you if he saw you acting like this? Does he know what’s wrong?”

“No. He doesn’t know. He can’t know.”

“Syd. You should talk to him.”

“Don’t you get it?” She screamed. “I can’t talk to him, Will! I CAN’T!”

“I don’t understand,” he said.

She was beginning to scare him a little bit. Never had he seen her so upset about anything. She was crying so hard her whole body was shaking and she wasn’t anything near silent. Talking wasn’t a possibility for her at the moment, so Will just held her, rubbing small circles on her back while murmuring meaningless words trying to comfort her.

“Syd, please, tell me what’s wrong. I want to help.”

Taking a few deep, shuddering breaths she calmed herself enough to reply, “There’s nothing you can do.” She let out a bitter laugh as more tears fell. “My life-my everything-is gone. I just never knew it could hurt so bad.”

“Syd, I just don’t understand. You’re here, everything’s going to be fine.”

Firmly shaking her head, she replied, “You’re right. You don’t understand. He’s gone, Will.”

“Who? Vaughn?”

Sydney nodded her head in response.

“Then go after him. I’m sure he’d come back if you asked.”

“My angel went to Heaven, Will. I’m never going to talk to him again. I can beg him to come back-and probably will-but he can’t.”

He finally realized what she meant and why she was upset. Vaughn was dead.

“How,” he whispered.

“It was all my fault.”

“You know he wouldn’t want you to say that.”

“It’s the truth, Will. He followed me to Wales because I told him that I thought my mission was a trap. He even went so far as to get a hotel room across from mine under the name Joseph Richardson, Joseph because of the ‘Joey’s Pizza’ calls…that way if I heard the name I’d know he was there. But I didn’t find out that he was there until later. My guardian angel was protecting me. Once he did his job, he went back to Heaven. I’ll never see him again.”

“Oh, Syd,” Will sighed as she began to cry again.

He didn’t know what to say or how to help. The fire in her eyes had disappeared. When Danny had died, she worked harder, driven by her strong determination to destroy SD-6. Would this drive her more? Or would it destroy her? Sydney Bristow was the strongest person he had ever known. If something like this could destroy her, was there any hope for anyone else?

~*~*~*~*~

Francie sat in the living room, lost in her worries for her friend. Will had been in there with her for quite some time. She was beginning to wonder if she should go see if anyone needed her help. As she was deciding what to do, Sydney’s bedroom door opened, and Will walked out and Francie leaped up.

“What happened? Is she alright?” A nearly hysterical with worry Francie asked.

“She…uh, well, Fran, it’s not good.”

“Well, I could tell that. I want to know what happened. Did that Michael guy do something to her? Because she didn’t seem to happy when I mentioned him earlier.”

“Well, he didn’t do something himself, but it has to do with him.”

“Will! Just tell me. You’re stalling!”

With a sigh, he admitted, “Yeah, I guess I am. I’m not sure if I’m suppose to be telling you this or not, but Sydney’s asleep or I would have you go try and talk to her. I don’t know if she would talk, because it took forever for me to get something out of her and, well-“

“WILL! Just tell me!”

“Alright, sorry. It’s just that, I’m not sure how to tell you this.”

With an impatient sigh and a roll of her eyes, she said, “Just tell me. Stop stalling, stop stuttering, just tell me what happ--“

“He’s dead, Fran,” he cut her off.

She tilted her head an looked at him. “What do you…oh my gosh. You mean Michael?” Will nodded his head in the affirmative. “Oh, poor, Syd!” She whispered. “Is there anything I can do?”

“To be honest with you, Fran,” he glanced down the hallway back to Sydney’s shut door. “I’m not sure if there’s much anyone can do.”

awwwwwwwwwww :( its so sad, this chapter was excellently written. welldone and please write more soon :smiley: ITS MY B DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :P

I should have the next chapter done for tomorrow. I'm hoping to anyways. It'll be a late birthday present for you, Claz! :smiley: Happy birthday!

Thanks to everyone who posted. :smiley:

😭 Must Vaughn have died? Jess, this is SO good. Thanks bunches for the PM, sorry I haven't been here in a while, I don't usually travel to the General Fiction section, so I didn't notice you posted more. Anyway, this is AWESOME and I always respect those who are brave enough to kill Vaughn. I can never get up the courage too... He's to Vaughn-ish

Luve ya,
Dani aka Elle on SD-1

Too Vaughn-ish, Dani? lol :smiley: Thanks for posting and your respect, it means alot to me. I've killed Sydney before too...in "Remnants". It's fun sometimes and it's good for the plot. :smiley:

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 6</span>

‘Nothing could possibly be worse then having to go back to work so soon,’ Sydney thought.

Two weeks after coming home, the pain of the gunshot wound was nearly completely gone, but she was not ready to face all the people and their false sympathy. None of them knew what was going on or how she felt. All their apologizes for what had happened would be lies, and she certainly didn’t need anymore of those.

She managed to make it to the debrief room without talking to anyone. A few nods to acknowledge people such as Weiss, Dixon and Marshall who were brought in after SD-6 had been destroyed. Even the mission overview with Kendall went well until he mentioned that the op was to take place in France. Normandy, France to be exact. Immediately, she informed him that she could not do it; that she was unsure if she was ready to go back to the field yet. He could see through her.

“Agent Bristow, at this moment, your priorities are in the wrong place,” Kendall told her, his eyes challenging, ready to put her in her place…or where he thought it was.

“What are you saying? That I shouldn’t care that Arvin Sloane killed another man that I love?” She retorted, angry at what he implied with his words.

His glare changed to one that clearly showed his disbelief of the audacious statement that she had just made. Obviously, in his eyes she was not capable of loving Michael Vaughn, not allowed to love him. Nevertheless, she did.

“Miss Bristow, it is my opinion that--“

“Your opinion?” she hissed. “Do you honestly believe that I care?” She did not wait for his answer. “Because, quite frankly, I don’t give felgercarb about your opinion. Are we finished here?”

With his stout nod, she turned and walked away. She made it to the hallway before she broke down. Not able to see through her tears, she blindly stumbled into someone who steadied her by placing both hands on her shoulders.

“Syd, are you alright?”

She recognized the voice. Weiss. He had lost his best friend, maybe he would understand. Afraid to take the chance however, she simply replied with the obvious lie of, “It’s nothing, I’m alright,” as she wiped her eyes.

He sighed and she looked up and met his eyes, feeling awfully vulnerable and ashamed to be crying in front of him like this and to be crying in public at all.

“Sydney, I don’t believe that, and neither do you. Anyone could look at you and tell something was wrong. You can talk to me, you know. You can trust me.”

“I can’t trust anyone; not anymore. He’s gone.”

He nodded his head in understanding. “Yeah, he is. He was my best friend you know. I miss him too. You have every right to miss him, but he would not want you to act this way. He would want you to keep going, to stay strong. If you can’t do that for anyone else, do it for him, Syd.”

“I know he would want me to,” she admitted, “but without him, I don’t think I can.”

“You have to Sydney. All you need is one tiny seed of hope to keep you going. I know it hurts, but you have to keep going. Go on your mission, be the super spy you are and get home.”

“This isn’t home. Home is where the heart is; my heart isn’t here. And the mission, Weiss-“

“Call me Eric.”

“Why?”

“Because we’re friends now. Those are the rules,” he said in a feeble attempt to make her smile. It worked for the moment.

“I don’t believe I know that rule. Is it some kind of CIA protocol I was unaware of?”

“Nope,” he replied with a shrug. “It's just life-it comes with any friendship. Syd, you said something about the mission. Are you worried about it?”

“Not worried, I just can’t do it.”

“Why not?”

She sighed and looked down. “It’s in Normandy. I can’t go to Normandy.”

“You could. He mother moved back there, go talk to her. Do the mission, then take a few days off and visit.”

“No. I already told Kendall I couldn’t go, and even more. I cannot do this. It is too soon.”

“Alright, Syd. Go home and get some sleep. Anyone could tell you haven’t slept well since you’ve been home. Someone will page you when there is another mission for you. I’ll make sure it’s not in France--or Wales.”

“Thank you,” she whole-heartedly whispered.

He silently squeezed her shoulder, dropped his arms and gave a small smile. Then, with her ever-present determined gait, she walked out of the JTF. As Eric watched her disappearing back, footsteps echoed behind him. As he turned, he saw Marshall’s face searching for someone or something. It was only then that Marshall noticed him standing there.

“Oh, hey, Mr. Weiss!”

“Hi, Marshall. You can call me Eric you know, or just Weiss. All that ‘Mr.’ stuff makes me feel old,” he joked.

Marshall didn’t catch it. After being so highly criticized at SD-6, and even here by Kendall, he didn’t want anyone upset at him.

“I’m sorry if I…off-offended you Mr.- I mean Eric. Have you seen Miss Bristow?”

“Sydney?” he asked, emphasizing the use of her first name. Marshall didn’t seem to get the hint, but he nodded in response.

“Yeah. Have you seen her? Mr. Bristow asked me to help him find her. She was suppose to be meeting him for lunch, because he’s her father and all and I guess he’s worried for her about a mission or something, but we all know that she can do any mission because she’s amazing.”

Eric sighed which gave Marshall the hint that he was off subject as usual. At least he hadn’t yelled…or glared. Sometimes the glare was worse!

“Sorry. Anyways, have you seen her?”

“She just left. Did Jack say why exactly he needed her?”

“Nope. Nobody tells me anything anyways,” he shrugged. “What am I suppose to tell Mr. Bristow?”

“Don’t worry about it, Marshall. Do you have your lunch break right now?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, go ahead and go, I’ll go talk to Jack for you.”

“Alright! Thanks a lot!”

As Marshall bounded off down the hallway, Eric noticed for the first time the Superman lunchbox he had grasped in his hand. With a roll of his eyes and a small smile, he turned and proceeded in the opposite direction in search of Jack Bristow.

Eric found him by Sydney’s desk, worriedly scanning the room many times over for a glimpse of her face. When he spotted Eric coming toward him instead, he straightened up and walked over to meet him.

“Have you seen Sydney? I was suppose to meet her here for lunch.”

“Yeah, I ran into her down the hall a little bit ago. She was pretty upset, Jack. She had just come from a debrief, and was crying, so after I talked to her for a little bit, I sent her home to rest. It’s obvious to anyone she’s not sleeping. Something has to change, Jack. She can’t keep going like this.”

“I know,” Jack replied softly. “Who did he debrief?”

“Kendall did. He said he wanted to talk to her about this mission himself.”

“Why did it upset her so much? Did she tell you?”

“All I know is that she didn’t want to do the mission because it’s in Normandy, and that’s where Mike was born. She did say something about telling Kendall more then she didn’t want this mission, so maybe he told her something else.”

“I’ll go talk to him,” Jack firmly stated, leaving no room to argue as he walked off towards Kendall’s office.

~*~*~*~*~

Kendall looked up as the door to his office burst open rudely. With anger fully evident on his face, Jack stormed in and went straight to Kendall’s desk. He knew exactly what he was going to do and was determined to find some answers. Unfortunately for Kendall, besides Sydney, he was the only one who could give the answers Jack wanted, and Jack was not about to go and bother her for them.

“Jack, I’m in the middle of something, you think you could have knocked?”

“Do you think you could show common courtesy to my daughter next time you talk to her?” he yelled.

When it came to Sydney, no one was going to hurt her as he had. His only daughter had enough pain in her life without Kendall making it worse.

“She needed someone to tell her what I told her. It was obvious to me that you weren’t going to say it!” Kendall yelled back.

“What did you say to her?” Jack growled.

“I simply informed her something she didn’t seem aware of. That her priorities are in the wrong place. That her job is to serve her country, and while she’s walking around in her mourning stupor, she can’t be doing her job properly.”

More fire burned in Jack’s eyes with every word that Kendall audaciously spoke. “You think that you have the right to speak words like that to my daughter?”

“Were you going to tell her?” Kendall asked. When he saw the expression on Jack’s face, he continued, “I didn’t think so. Someone had to tell her Jack.”

Jack swiftly moved within inches of Kendall’s face. “If you ever speak to my daughter like that again, I promise you that you will no longer be able to speak to anyone.”

Kendall’s nose flared with anger as he replied, “Are you threatening me?”

“No,” Jack stated as he pulled away and started to the door. When he had it open, he looked over his shoulder and continued, “It was just a warning.”

~*~*~*~*~

His footsteps echoed as Jack walked up the sidewalk to Sydney’s front door. The flowers the bordered them were beginning to wilt, probably from lack of care. Their main caretaker had been Sydney, because of Francie usually being at the restaurant, and now she probably had not noticed them in a few weeks.

As he reached the front door, he could hear the television on inside. He thought about knocking, but instead decided to just try the door. After finding it unlocked, he walked in and looked into the living room, where he found a red-eyed Sydney sitting on the couch watching the screen. Captivated, she didn’t notice he had come in until he spoke.

“I thought you hated baseball, Sydney.” He stated as he noticed what she was watching.

Recognizing the voice, she did not bother to look up as she replied, “I do. But the Mets are playing.”

“Playing who?”

“The Reds. I think that’s Cincinnati.”

“Yes, it is. So, if they are playing, and you don’t like baseball, why are you watching?”

“Because the Mets are Vaughn’s favorite team. I’m watching the game since he can’t right now.”

Comprehension finally donned on him. Vaughn. He was the reason for many of the things she had been doing lately, from denying the mission to France (which was one of her favorite countries), to watching baseball (her least favorite sport), and neglecting her flowers.

“Sydney,” she looked at him as he sat down beside her on the couch. “I talked to Weiss, as well as Kendall--“

“I hate that man,” she whispered.

“Yes, I understand that. Weiss told me about the mission, and that you had informed Kendall that you would not be taking part in it. When he told me how you had seemed when he had talked with you, I went and enlightened Kendall a little bit.”

“What did you tell him? I bet he wasn’t very happy.”

“Were you happy when you talked with him?” She shook her head. “Well, let’s just say I repaid the courtesy.”

“You did that for me?”

“Sydney, we are a family, you and I.”

“A very dysfunctional one,” she remarked.

“Yes, that too. But Sydney, family means nobody gets left behind.”

“Thank you, Daddy,” she said with a small smile.

With as small sigh she laid her head on his shoulder, and he wrapped an arm around hers and replied, “Anytime, Sydney. I’m here for you when you need me.”

I luve Weiss, and you actually gave him a role! Most times he's not really mentioned, but here he has LINES! YAY! LMAO Great chapter, I can't wait for more.

Luve ya,
Danielle

haha! Before DC? I'll try...I've gotta finish my history study guide for a test tom. and then I'll try to finish my epilogue. 1 hr. & 20 min.! yay!

Hey, everyone. Jessica left for D.C about....an hour ago. :( But she asked me before she went to post the epilogue for her. So, here you go!

EPILOGUE

“The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die.” ~Edward Kennedy

Convinced of my deception
I've always been a fool
I fear this love reaction
Just like you said I would

After a year of lonely emptiness, Sydney Bristow found herself in front of the perfectly carved tombstone with the name ’Michael Cooper Vaughn’ on it. As she traced the engraved words with her finger, tears traced her face, smearing the make-up she had carefully applied that morning.

‘An angel came down from Heaven above,
Shared with us God’s love,
Then had to go back where he belonged,’

Sydney read aloud the words that she had memorized nearly a year ago. “But he belonged here with me,” she whispered as she laid a single white rose against the stone.

A rose could never lie
About the love it brings
And I could never promise
To be any of those things

“Vaughn--Michael,” she faintly smiled, “I miss you a lot. I promised myself that I wouldn’t say that. I even told Eric and Will- and myself even- that I would not come here today. I went into work this morning, and Eric looked at me and told me to go home. So, I did, but I couldn’t stand to be in the house alone…I hope you don’t mind that I came here. You probably want me to move on, but I-I just can’t. It’s not working that way. I’m not working without you. I’m not living without you.”

If I was not so weak
If I was not so cold
If I was not so scared of being broken,
Growing old
I would be...
I would be...

“Weiss helped Will get a job at the CIA and I think he likes it. I’m the exact opposite though. I wish I could leave. SD-6 is gone now. I’m not exactly sure how, but I do know that Dad got some intel from my Mom and he acted on it. It was gone--as was the Alliance-- before I even got back to LA.

“Kendall’s still the biggest jerk I know. The first day I got back to work, he yelled at me. Said my priorities were ‘out of place’ because I wouldn’t go to France. Eric sent me home that day too. I watched a Mets game for you. I hated baseball, but now I watch a lot of games when I have time. They were playing the Reds that night. The Mets lost, but considering my day, that made sense. They’re two of my favorite teams now.

Blessed are the shallow
Depth they'll never find
Seemed to be some comfort
In rooms I try to hide

“It’s hard not being able to talk to anyone like I could talk to you. I mean, I can talk to Will, but not about everything. He doesn’t understand the way you always did. I can’t talk to Francie, because all she knows is that you died…Will told her that, I didn’t. It’s a good thing he did, because I don’t know if I could have done it. Eric has offered to listen if I ever need to talk, but I don’t feel comfortable enough to talk to him about you. There have been some stories I’ve heard about you from him though. I love getting to know you more, yet hate that you won’t be able to tell me these things yourself.

“My dad’s been trying, he really has, but you know how hard it is for him to show emotion. Sometimes, though, he’s the only person that I can call on. It’s confusing and it makes no sense, but a part of me needs to talk to him. As much as I need to talk to him though, he still can’t take the place of you.”

Exposed beyond the shadows
You take the cup from me
Your dirt removes my blindness
Your pain becomes my peace

She wiped away tears as more fell. Fighting for control, with a shuddering breath, Sydney looked upward to the overcast sky.

“Can you hear me? I’ve never felt so alone. Don’t leave me, please don’t leave me.”

She was overcome by tears, as she had been many times in the past year. Without him. The love that had been radiated from him, the smiles and warm wishes before missions had been buried with him. Everyone noticed the difference in her. The determination wasn’t the same, her fire had dimmed.

As her thoughts kept repeating, her only focus was on memories of him.

~I’m your ally…never question that.~

~I’m in….if you need me.~

~When he gave it to me, he said, ‘you can set your heart by this watch’…it stopped October 1st…the day we met.~

~You don’t ever have to apologize for calling~

As she relieved every moment, she was oblivious to everything else around her…including the footsteps that had approached and stopped directly behind her. Not until a hand was placed on her shoulder did she realize someone was there.

Quickly wiping away more tears, she turned and looked up from her position on the ground to see a familiar face.

“Dad. What-how did you find me.”

“I knew what today was, I figured you would come here. Weiss told me he sent you home, but I knew you wouldn’t stay there. I went to the pier to look for you, but you weren’t there, so I came here.”

“I was at the pier,” she admitted, “before I came here, that’s where I was.”

If I was not so weak
If I was not so cold
If I was not so scared of being broken,
Growing old
I would be...
I would be...
I would be...

He held out his hand to help her up, and she gazed up at him.

“Come on, Sydney, let’s get you home,” he said softly.

Gently, she placed her hand in his and stood slowly with a small smile. She knew nothing would be the same, that she would always miss Michael. But she also realized that she could not live life with out some sort of hope, even a silent one. Her dreams of Vaughn would still go on, but she had found a small seed of hope for the future. Things may get harder for her, she realized, but she knew she could always trust her daddy to help when she needed him the most.

I would be...
frail

“There is nothing like a dream to create the future.” ~VICTOR HUGO

Back