Concrete Angel

SkyGirl5

Cadet
another Janet/Carolyn fic :eek:

caro's been on my ass to post this for a while and i agreed to post it after WG is done and... well i finished that this morning so...

Title: Concrete Angel
Authors: Janet (SkyGirl5) & Carolyn (Sexcivaughn14)

S/V AU
angsty :coolio:
hehe

Chapter 1
~By Carolyn~
Reflection

“And our final contestant for today is…Sydney Bristow..” Michael Vaughn stared at the sheet of paper, surely there had been a mistake; but there wasn’t, she walked out onto the stage, she was wearing the same torn jeans as she wore almost every other day, the same baggy sweatshirt and she wore the same scared look that he had seen every day since the 5th grade.

“Thanks” Sydney smiled as she took the microphone from his hands, “hi…um…I’m going to be singing Reflection, by Christina Aguilera…” Sydney’s voice was barely audible and she could hear the snickers from her peers, but she didn’t pay attention to them.

Sydney tapped her foot gently, she waited until her cue and then began to sing.

“Look at me, You may think you see, Who I really am, But you'll never know me” Sydney cooed softly, her voice quiet and shaky, she looked out at the audience and saw her peers trying to hold back their laughter, she looked at her judges, Lauren Reed, the vocal teacher, Mrs. Crank and the student council president, Michael Vaughn, she noticed the look of bordom on Laurens face, the look of peace on Mrs. Cranks face, and the look of curiosity on Michael Vaughn’s.

“It's as if I play a part, Now I see, If I wear a mask , I can fool the world, But I cannot fool my heart”, Sydney sang the words, confidence rising in her voice she began thinking as the words began to come naturally from her mouth.

“Who is that girl I see, Staring straight back at me? When will my reflection show, Who I am inside?” Sydney sang, her eyes closing as she brought the microphone closer to her lips, and her voice rang in the room, she opened her eyes to see looks of shock on the faces of her classmates.

“I am now, In a world where I, Have to hide my heart, And what I believe in” Sydney felt the words coming out, a form of emotion that made her forget about everything else that went on in her life, all the bad things went away and for once, just once, she was the only thing that mattered, everyone was listening to her, she held the power.

“But somehow, I will show the world, What's inside my heart, And be loved for who I am” Sydney smiled as she looked over at Lauren, her jaw was dropped and her eyes popped out like bugs, Mrs. Crank was now swaying slightly to the music, and Michael…he looked mesmerized.

“Who is that girl I see, Staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection, Someone I don't know? Must I pretend that I'm, Someone else for all time? When will my reflection show, Who I am inside?” Sydney began to hit the highest notes in the song, the vibrations in her throat made her feel like she was finally free of it all, but she knew once this song was over, her freedom would end.

“There's a heart that must be, Free to fly, That burns with a need to know, The reason why, Why must we all conceal, What we think, how we feel? Must there be a secret me, I'm forced to hide? I won't pretend that I'm, Someone else for all time, When will my reflection show, Who I am inside? When will my reflection show, Who I am inside?” Sydney let the final notes linger before she pulled the microphone away.

She waited for about 5 seconds before she heard the crowd erupt in applause.

Sydney smiled as she handed the microphone to Michael.

“That was amazing” he smiled, “I think the crowd agrees”

“Thank you” Sydney shrugged as the microphone was passed to Lauren for her comments.

“It was an okay song, but I think you could have chosen something more mature” Lauren told her with an eye roll and a fake accent.

Sydney nodded politely and watched as Mrs. Crank ripped the microphone from Lauren’s hand.

“Sydney, I completely disagree with Lauren” Mrs. Crank glared in Lauren’s direction, “Your song choice was fabulous, it was something that showed what you can do with your voice. And contrary to some people’s beliefs, songs that aren’t new are usually sung much better. Fabulous job” Mrs. Crank smiled at her.

“Thanks” Sydney smiled and then waited for Michael’s reaction, she didn’t know why she cared so much, maybe it was because he had been the one person who had been nice to her when she had come to the city 8 years before, maybe it was because he was just naturally nice, either way she cared.

“Wow, I have to be honest Sydney, I didn’t know you had that in you” Michael told her, “but having heard that…I cannot wait for more and I think I speak for everyone when I say that you have an amazing talent and I would not change a thing about that performance”

“Thank you very much” Sydney smiled and walked off the stage and took a deep breath.

“Well, thank you all for coming, please vote for the four people you would like to see stay in the competition, your options were Alice Smith, Francie Calfo, Jordan Metz, Carrie Bowman, Josh Lucas and Sydney Bristow” Michael smiled, “we’ll see you all tomorrow and a special thanks to our contestants”

Sydney smiled as she heard him say it, she walked out of the auditorium and to her locker, her fairytale lasted for 5 minutes, but now it was back to the bitter reality she called a life.

R/R
ask for a PM
you know the drill :coolio:

Cute
Syd can sing!
Is this like american Idol or something like that?
Thanks for the PM
Keep me on the list please!
Update again soon!

Can't wait to see where you go with this.
Kinda like American Idol.
Which, by the way, I don't watch; and not just because it is on when Alias is on.

Keep me on the pm list.

ahhh new fic!!! :woot:

yaya!!!

can i get a PM please

it's great, i've bin waiting to read this for aaaaaaaaaaaaages!

so is lauren a teacher then? how does that work?

can i get a PM and thanks fot the last one :D

thanks guys ^_^

PM LIST
frangipani
Brinne
PoketRockets11
stealthy
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydVaughn1001
superspy
broe4ever929
i'm an aliasaholic
mbellsdiva
ubielecki

Ohhh Intresting. So is it a highschool fic, or are they teachers? I can't wait to see what reality is like for Sydney.

PM me please

L

Back