Partial Fix Conflict With XenPorta

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Register an account and I'll promote you.
The bad news is that I'm seeing the same results. The good news is that Bejeweled gives the same results so that means it is something about your installation rather than how you configured the game manually. I'm thinking a possible conflict with another add-on. Mind updating that PC you sent me with a list of what add-ons you have installed? I'll try to duplicate one of my test sites with the same list.
On a conference call with work so I had a few minutes to launch Firebug to see what's going on. Looks like a conflict with XenPorta redirecting the default the "index.php" route.

I'll have to load up XenPorta on a test site to see if I can come up with a work-around. :(

There is a work-around to the XenPorta problem but it requires changing one of the XenPorta files on your server. I don't like those kinds of solutions so I'm reaching out to others in the XenPorta thread to see if there is a better way of doing it.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

To see if you get the same results I am, modify the following file on your server...

/library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php​

... and look for:
Code:
EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
... and change it to:
Code:
if (empty($_REQUEST['autocom'])) {
      EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
}
After that both Bejeweled & 100 Men should work submitting scores.

100menv32MICRO

I read.
:whistle:
Just tried Bejeweled (on my test install). It hangs on loading.
Means you're running into the same issue yet. Any chance your test site reachable that I could take a look? I've got my test site duplicating ChemicalKicks' layout (XF in the root with XenPorta set as the index controller) and the change works there maybe your install is acting different if it is configured differently.

Jaxel certainly has his own way with XF code..

It's not the first time that I've seen conflicts with his modifications, unfortunately they just happen to be incredibly useful.

Pm'd you. Test site not reachable unless I add your IP address.
So far Dodgeboard is up & running after our PC conversation.
Jaxel certainly has his own way with XF code..

It's not the first time that I've seen conflicts with his modifications, unfortunately they just happen to be incredibly useful.
Plus I don't think this kind of situation was taken into account with XF, of something (in this case, IPB games) being hard-coded to post back to a file named "index.php" but in XF that is really just a route controller and add-ons like XenPorta allow you to change the default route controller. It gets ugly.
Please disregard my pc Kevin, just came across this.:smiley:
If the manual edit (I couldn't do it last night since it would've required FTP access or at least SSH access at the shell) doesn't do it for you, please let me know. :smiley:

Here is a snippet of cde used to make ibProArcade compatible with VB4.
You had to add it to index.php.

The reason I include it here is because there are various different calls "pnFlashGames, storescore, savegame, etc..."
I believe it is this check that causes some games to save but not others.

Also...

The file called to process saved scores also has to have a mechanism to read these scores and save them.

PHP:
// ibProArcade modification
if($_POST['module'] == "pnFlashGames"){
$_GET[act] = "Arcade";
$_GET['module'] = "arcade";
}

if($_POST['module'] == "pnFlashGames"){
$_GET[autocom] = "arcade";
$_GET['module'] = "arcade";
}

if($_POST['func'] == "storeScore"){
$_GET['do'] = "pnFStoreScore";
}

if($_POST['func'] == "saveGame"){
$_GET['do'] = "pnFSaveGame";
}

if($_POST['func'] == "loadGame"){
$_GET['do'] = "pnFLoadGame";
}

$act = $_GET[act];
$showuser= $_GET[showuser];

if($act == "Arcade") {
include "arcade.php";
exit();
}

if($act == "autocom") {
include "arcade.php";
exit();

}

if(!empty($showuser) && $showuser >= 1) {
$u = $showuser;
$_GET[u] = $showuser;
include "member.php";
exit();
}

I believe it is this check that causes some games to save but not others.
Right now only IPB v32 games are being looked at and the edit above for XenPortal will take care of them. If/when other games (IPB non-V32, pnFlash, etc.) are supported then the edit might have to change.

Back