Season 4 Consider this. . .

Dory

Cadet
Ok....

1. Michael is really a Rambaldi follower and has been all along, protecting Syd

2. Michael is from the 'Rambaldi Resistance' and that's why he decided to become Syd's handler

3. Vaughn is really from the French Alliance and double agent to the CIA (sound familiar???)

Something keeps bugging me. . .

Why was it Irina that told him to tell Syd the truth?????
Why Irina of all people??

Why was it Vaughn's dad the one that found Nadia and gave her to Elena Derevko?? Did he know she was Elena??
Why Bill Vaughn??? Is Nadia really Sloane's daughter or she is Bill's daughter??

Why did Irina kill Bill? Did that ever came out in the series and I just missed it?

Oh my gosh, it's too much. . .

Is that why Jack didn't want to give him his blessing to marry Syd???

Heh, you know I just posted a similar train of thought in the what's his name thread - I think you're on to something here!!!

Vaughn idolized his father; it would make sense that if his father was deeply involved with Rambaldi (and he just about had to be, otherwise why bother "saving" Nadia?) then he would be also.

Ooooh, this could be an interesting fix to the whole question of how Weiss knows him by Vaughn, and how everyone knows his father as Bill Vaughn.

What if "Bill Vaughn" was an alias?????

I also posted a similiar thought in another section.
"Vaughn" is a family alias that I believe BV assumed when
he took Nadia to protect her. I also think MV was somehow
protecting Syd knowing that she was also in the prophecy.
It's clear he always wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps
like how he joined the CIA -why not also in being a Ramaldi follower??
I also think that he knew Sydney was Irina's daughter from the beginning
and somehow needed a connection with Sydney to gain access to Irina.
I'm convinced this all has to do with his father and Irina and that it's all
in the past. It may take awhile but I'm sure it's something Syd can forgive.

This has also been my line of thought, the only thing that bugs me is when he first saw the page with Syd's picture on it. He looked generally shocked, and he even took the page straight to her. He also did not seem to know alot about the Prophecy thing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My other thought was he was DSR, because it depends on who you ask if they are good or bad. He was assigned to Syd, but did not know the true purpose?? That is why it was a long time ago.

Katie

haha, lol i think all of us w/ the same theory are meeting in this thread! b/c this is what i've thought too!

i think the name change is simply that both vaughn and his dad had different names, but when his dad changed to his alias name (bill) so did vaughn - theres probably more to this but in simplicity, yea

the only problem is how someone pointed out that vaughn looked generally shocked about pg. 47, he also looked generally shocked at the mtg. mid season one when he found irina killed his father, remember? if his whole endgame, before he met syd, was to avenge irina, wouldn't he already have known she killed his father? and if it had to be about rambaldi and protecting syd from it, wouldn't he have known about the chosen one before hand?... or maybe he knew bits and pieces, but just didn't know how "it all connects" (i love saying that!) until season one

lol sorry that was more rambling, but let me know what you think!

All good points!!
Maybe he was shocked with the picture because up until that
point he was only going on things his father had told him but to
actually see the picture that the CIA now had made it more real.
Also remember he's a spy and can probably fake suprise.

However, he really did look shocked to find out Syd's mother killed
his father. Maybe his agenda didn't involve Irina until he found out.
At the beginning it had to do with Syd and the prophecy, but once Irina
came into the picture he also began investigating and seeking revenge
on her (at this point he now had a connection with her daughter which
was useful to him)

It all just seems to connect somehow....if BV knew about Nadia then he
would have also had to know about Sydney. He takes Nadia to protect
her and just so happens to take her to Irina's sister (wonder if he knew???)
He changes his name to Vaughn along with his wife and son so Irina doesn't
find him. He gets killed not before telling his son to find "the chosen one" and
protect her. He joins the CIA just like his father and who shows up on the
doorstep??
I don't know...this is the theory I'm sticking to at least for now!!

ya okay some of those ideas work, and some not so well, but definitely better then a lot of other posters, but here is a thought, what if Vaughn just found out that his dad's name was an Alias, when he was going on the wild goose hunt to find him, this season, I mean we still didn't get all of the facts, and it's possible that his first name is still Michael, but not the last name... duno!

My theory:

Sloane wanted the Alliance wanted to be taken down all along, right? He knew Sydney and Jack were double agents, so he USED THEM to do what he wanted. Maybe he placed Vaughn as a double agent, but in this case, his job was much easier, because taking down SD-6 was just what we wanted, so he placed Vaughn in the CIA to do his dirty work.

Wow, to believe there are so many people along the same lines of thoughts.
All of them are really good theories.
That last one, about Vaughn really working for Sloane. Oh Gosh! I hadn't thought of that one but it those kinda make sense in an Alias sort of way.

I truly believe there is something here that we are all missing. . . there's something bigger here at work.

I wonder what's really going on?!?!?! :confused:

I like all of these theories but one of the things that Vaughn said still has
me thinking. He said it was before they met which leads me to believe
that it wasn't going on when they met.

The Sloane thing doesn't really work. He had been with the CIA for awhile before meeting Syd. He even talks about his training. He also has a long history with Weiss, he talks about an old girlfriend of Weiss's which was before he met Syd. SO that would be about 6-7 years ago or more. Bill Vaughn still has to be his dad otherwise he wouldn't have gotten so upset on the anniversary of his death etc. ALso, if he work for Sloane, Syd would never forgive him and you get the feeling that both Irina and Vaughn feel like she will. It can be something big but not so big that Syd hates him, she has to be able to get past it. THat is why I like the DSR idea, he was sent to watch Syd not really knowing why, or was just told to bring her into the CIA. The name change thing stumps me unless the name Vaughn was an ALIAS for Bill and which the rest of his family took over. Or maybe his family name is Rambaldi but they changed it years ago to Vaughn to try and hide from worshipers....

Katie

Whatever it is, its killing me. Has it been 5 months YET??

But its GOT to be something to do with Irina. It makes sense. She killed his father. Shes Sydneys mother AND she (so far) was the only one that knew about whatever he was up to.

ok, I like that theory.....

It can also mean that Nadia IS Irina's daughter, but not necessarily Sloane's...

Get where I coming at?

Maybe:

Irina + Bill = Nadia............. :blink:

That would explain alot............ :hide:

This is out of the blue, but what about the horse thing Irina said in S4 finale. She is the one that actually killed a sibling. Is she the Chosen One and Elena was the Passenger? Is the Rambaldi stuff really about her? Sydney said that in season 2 when we first heard the prohpecy that her mother would have the same heart dimensions and blah blah blah.
Just a thought.

Maybe "Vaughn" is really Bill Vaughn and Bill wanted Irina to kill him for some awkward reason but Irina wouldn't so "Vaughn" is now mad at Irina for not killing him but he doesn't want Syd to know that he's Bill so he's putting up this front that Irina killed his dad. Yeah, I know. Stupid idea. I'm confused now.

Oh WOW u were on a roll there. . . got a bit confused though. . . :blink:

But about. . .
This is out of the blue, but what about the horse thing Irina said in S4 finale. She is the one that actually killed a sibling. Is she the Chosen One and Elena was the Passenger? Is the Rambaldi stuff really about her? Sydney said that in season 2 when we first heard the prohpecy that her mother would have the same heart dimensions and blah blah blah.
Just a thought.

I think there is something really good here. . .

After all, maybe Irina has been the chosen one all along and everybody got so focused on Sydney they completely ignored that fact.

*And......Nadia isn't dead.....yet*
But Elena is......(or is she really?? could she have been 'clone' just as happened with Irina....... :eek: )

:thinking: :woot: ^_^

Back