Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Console vs PC Gaming

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Valentino, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

What do you prefer? Playing games on the PC or consoles? Any particular reasons why? :)

2. Travis

Travis Rocket Ranger

I like console because there seems to be a bigger fan base.

3. legokiba213

legokiba213 Rocket Ranger

I have always been a console gamer. The first gaming system I owned was the SNES and ever since then I have owned gaming consoles. This is not to say that consoles are superiors to PC's but the are just my console of choice. I like the way consoles handle and exclusives are a huge selling point. Also, PC gaming is hard to get into. You have to have to worry about CPU, GPU, Fans, and Power Supply. With a console you just buy it and it lasts you a whole gaming generation.

4. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Well said Lego, completely agree :P I grew up playing on consoles and I find them much easier and more comfortable to play. The only PC games I ever really liked were The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon and one of the CSI games xD I spend enough time on the computer as it is anyway haha.

5. Travis

Travis Rocket Ranger

Yeah that is one thing i hate about pc gaming it can get so expensive.

6. Daryl

Daryl Captain

Not to mention buying one of those freaking expensive Nividia GXF cards each year, lmao.

7. legokiba213

legokiba213 Rocket Ranger

Yeah, price is a huge negative too. I mean look at this GFX card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121636

You can buy 2 PS3's and 2 360's for that type of money and that is just one component for a PC.

8. Andraž Rihtar

Andraž Rihtar Rocket Ranger

I prefer to play games on PC, since I'm really bad at FPS games on consoles - mouse + keyboard = awesomeness :P