Cookie monster not the cookie monster anymore?

Idk if you said it already somewhere in here, but I saw on the news at the airport that the cookie monster is going to be eating fruits and veggies.

*sigh*

My mom and the lady infront of us in line waiting to board the plane were talking. She ran a daycare and she said it was bull. lmao

IT IS THOUGH!

I mean, c'mon. It's Cookie Monster!

What? Are they gonna call him Veggie Monster? No one will like Veggie Monster anymore :P 🇳🇴

xO laur

They're just doing it because in America (and I'm an American and I'm gonna admit it), we blame other things/people for our obesity. We could resist all these things that make us fat, and live healthy lives if we wanted to. However, obese people don't realize that it's themselves making them fat, not the restaurants. Does that make sense? We're too busy blaming other people that we can't realize we are the problem...

Taking Cookie Monster's weakness out is like taking Homer's donut/beer obsession out of The Simpsons just because of fear of obesity/alcohol influence. Without that, Homer wouldn't be the hilarious character/icon he is today. Once again, this is so stupid you can't help but scratch your head in disbelief. I feel like a part of my childhood has been taken away because of this. Mr. Rogers dying was bad enough (RIP Mr. Rogers).

Hibou said:
They're just doing it because in America (and I'm an American and I'm gonna admit it), we blame other things/people for our obesity. We could resist all these things that make us fat, and live healthy lives if we wanted to. However, obese people don't realize that it's themselves making them fat, not the restaurants. Does that make sense? We're too busy blaming other people that we can't realize we are the problem...
[post="1313050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That makes sense. :smiley:

I wish people would just wake up to themselves. It's the same reason they follow all of those dangerous fad diets sweeping through America. People in the past just ate healthily (from EVERY food group - believe or not, our bodies need calcium and carbohydrates), and guess what? They weren't obese!

and what about the little kids? oh c'mon as if kids don't worship the cookie monster. they're going to be so upset

I personally feel sorry for any mothers out there who have kids who watch Sesame Street... they'd better be prepared for tantrums and outbursts of tears

"Mummy, did I do something wrong? :cry:"

Back