Cookie monster not the cookie monster anymore?

Bubbles

Those piercing baby blues
Ok so I don't know the full details.. but I was on MSN today and Gabby was soo sad and angry that she could barely get the words but from what I can gather this is what I know:

The cookie monster (off Sesame Street) obviously eats cookies but he won't be eating them anymore because cookies are bad for you and it's putting a bad influence on little kiddies.. so I think he's eating tofu. But then Gabby said that it might be fruit. :blink:

*ahem*

And now presenting the.. TOFU MONSTER!

*tofu monster comes out and bows*

*tofu monster proceeds to do kung fu moves*

*tofu monster bows again*

OR

if he's the Fruit monster, he could have one of those fruit hat things and then do the hula..

:mellow:

IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME!

:cry:

WHYYYYYY?

So anyway... while I go and sit in my little corner and burst into tears about this, I want to know what your thoughts are on this..

luv juju :harp:

As an adult who is far from obese and who was raised on a daily dose of Sesame Street, I would just like to say this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard (well, apart form George Bush being elected president TWICE).

I told my aunt the other day, and you should have heard how psycho she went about the stupidity of it all.

Yes guys, putting Cookie Monster in a diet is going to abolish obesity in America. Excellent thinking. Well Done.

WTF!!!! How can Cookie Monster not be Cookie Monster anymore. Thats ludicrous...as a totally overweight adult who was raised on loads of sesame street i can tell you the Cookie Monster had nothing to do with that. it depends hon how spoilt your kids are. if they go i want a cookie, cos cookie monster eats them, and you give them one then thats your fault for being a s***ty parent not the network. BAH!!! i hate things like this they make me so mad.

i think that, that is just plain sad, thet these people actually think the cookie monstar eating cookies sends a bad message to young kids, when i was little i watched sesme street all the time and the cookie monstar eating cookies had no effect what so ever on me.

No more Cookie Monster? He was always my favorite SS character. I can't remember the last time I heard something so absurd. SS with out Cookie Monster is like Charlie Brown without Snoopy.

i heard about this a couple weeks ago, i can't believe thy're changing the cookie monster! there's nothing wrong with him! i'm sure that he hasn't caused the obseity levels to rise! blame that on all the fast food junk companies put out there!! l :angry: eave the cookies monster alone! you evil corporate monkeys! 🐒

JuJu as a fellow ss fan I can't believe they're doing this!!! I mean what's poor little elmo going to do without his cookie loving friend?

it's ludecrus! Grrrr it's makes me so :cry: and :mad:

Its just wrong. You can't go 35 years with him eating cookies all the time and then change it. Its like the Looney Tune characters going futuristic and evil looking. Classic is classic. And having cookie monster say good stuff about vegetables. That still won't make us eat vegetables. We'll still eat the cookies.

Cookie Monster says that cookies are now "sometimes snack or foods" I'm sure. I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh because for some reason I imagine him on the raw food diet drinking seaweed tea lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMV. I'm literally in tears. I loved sesame street when I was widdle...and I :love: the cookie monster...and he's not even the cookie monster anymore. *burst into heavy sobs* :cry: :sadangel:

It's just not right...the world is coming to an end.

Riley xoxo

I think the company that makes the "I EAT CARBS" t-shirts should make "I EAT COOKIES" shirts with him on the front pigging out on cookies lol :lol:

*shakes head* thats insane.

i think that, that is just plain sad, thet these people actually think the cookie monstar eating cookies sends a bad message to young kids, when i was little i watched sesme street all the time and the cookie monstar eating cookies had no effect what so ever on me.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!

What have they done?!?!

I hope people can convince the evil writers to change it back!

xO laur

I'm going to go against the crowd on this. I'm so happy that Cookie Monster has taught me that a cookie is a 'sometimes' food. He saved my life.

/sarcasm

wow thats really sad
i highly doubt the fact that hes "cookie monstar" is contributing to the obsesity of the children in america..... but .... whatever i never liked sesame street anyway

^^You never liked Sesame Street? HOW?

Anyway I was having this exact same converation to my friends the other day and as owner of a cookie monster doll (holding a cookie I might add) the book "Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree" (my favourite childhood book and a placemat where he is surounded by Cookies. I think this is the most insane thing in the world and there going to make him eat healthy food.

This is just like when some towns in America won't let the Wiggles play because they think their children will develop Aussie acents and use Aussie slang!

:cry: The cookie monster won't be the same!!

My sister and I watched Seasme Street relgiously when we were little...neither one of us is anywhere close to being overweight or obsese...and the Cookie Monster was our favorite.

What an utterly ridiculous thing to do. More people are upset about this then they were when he was 'promoting' eating fatty foods. :rolleyes:

Back