Cool Radio Station (online) First on I've ever liked...

Yeah, I've used pandora for quite some time now. It's a pretty neat site. I usually don't just listen, instead I use it to explore new genres of music or find out about artists that I've heard about but haven't actually heard play. It has its limitations due to copyrights, but it's still a really nice tool.

That's funny, I just ran into the last.fm site today while I was looking for something
I don't know if I like it much

pandora is alright, I tried it a while ago, but I'm too picky and like to skip things.

You can skip way more songs via last.fm. Also, it's only $3 a month for their extra features (further customized personal stations and what not).

You dont HAVE to pay and you still get more features than pandora, but if you wnat more you can.. I don't think $36 a year for good music is bad price at all.

I just read this article in the BBC. Looks like Pandora and other online radio stations might be in for some rough times.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Royalties threaten internet radio

I've read about this as well, as my favourite web radio (www.radioparadise.com) also will bite the dust because of the new royaltie rates. Sad really. As I believe independent media is very important. But I guess this is something we have to live with when we allow economic powers make the rules..

Back