Corrupt a Wish Game!

I loved this game so much the first time around, I couldn't help from starting another. Same rules, same pattern. If you didn't play last time, simply watch the first few posts to see how it goes.

I wish for a golden belt.

The golden belt is the rightful property of vengeful mystic god of the hunt. Thinking you the one who stole it from him, he vows to avenge the theft and thus tracks you for years, across many worlds, and through great trials and hardships. You cannot return to this hunter his golden belt, for he has forsworn the trinket itself and hunts now only out of principle, to fulfil his twisted desire for revenge he fully believes is justified.

As you constantly flee from his wrath, your life slowly unravels. Whenever you begin to feel you have at last escaped into isolation and anonymity, and can at last settle down to live some semblance of a normal life as a far flung hermit, he arrives once more, destroys all those you hold dear, and by sheerest of chance just barely fails to kill you, leaving you no option but to flee once more. Paranoia grips you, and you slowly find yourself unable to accept any human contact, for fear of bringing ruin and death down upon more innocents. You trust no one, knowing only that wherever you go, he follows in your wake, unresting and unreasoning.

Worse still, after a lifetime of unending chase, you begin to truly believe that you are actually guilty of some terrible wrong. You are tormented by guilt for something you never truly did, but something which you can only imagine you must have done, for why else would such horrors descend upon you? Why would fate punish an innocent man so terribly?

At last, broken and utterly alone, lost in the most desolate waste in existance, you finally lose your last shred of will. Life is no longer worth living. You gladly accept death's swift embrace, and as the hunter approaches you, blade drawn, you yield before him, begging for release. And here, he cackles madly and refuses to end your tortured existance. He finds your suffering far more gratifying than your death would be, and to ensure your eternal torture, he bestows upon you immortality.

Your weary mind reels, staggers, and in an instant shatters to pieces. You descend into wretched madness, wallowing in unspeakable horror and torment for all eternity.

~~~~~~~

*clears his throat*

Goodness, that was dark! Seems I got a bit carried away there... ahh, well. Anywho... I wish for David Bowie to be voted in as President of Earth.

~Dune~

Your wish is granted, but David Bowie turns out to be a evil alien emperor who, by becoming president, gains the upper hand needed to conquer earth and enslaving everyone dooming mankind for all eternity. (Till we invent robots and the matrix and the magnet all over again, but it's not a very fun twelve thousand centuries.)

I wish for a flying rug.

There is a loud ripping sound as one of the area carpets in your house wrenches itself free of the floor and rams itself out through a window (taking a large portion of the frame out in the process).

As you stare at the bare carpet padding and exposed carpet staples for the next few minutes feeling the breeze from outside on your cheek, you hear an even more horrible noise growing in volume. Specifically the sound that a jet makes when it has just sucked a living room carpet into it's engine intake and is crashing down towards your house. Just before the giant fireball consumes you and everything you have ever owned you wonder why you couldn't have just bought a plane ticket like everyone else.

I wish for an oficial press release about Hero's Journey

The news isn't very exciting, as Hero's Journey has gone down the tubes. Yep. You were all right. HJ is just a project to demo the Hero Engine. This was the plan the entire time.

I wish that nobody will quote me on that.

(this is really horrible.. I probably shouldn't have even put this. IT IS A JOKE if you don't get it, you shouldn't be here! I have to really cover my tracks on this one!!!)

No one ever quotes you on that, or indeed, on anything else, ever, because people can no longer understand or remember anything you say. All verbal communication becomes impossible, and you eventually get tasered to death in an airport because of it.

I wish for a vampire pony.

~Dune~

Your vampire pony infects other ponies and those ponies infect more ponies. This chain continues till all ponies are dwellers of the shadow and thrive in the night. A resulting consequence of this is small girls no longer wish for ponies as a child, but rather the Paris Hilton Playset.

I wish for a wallet that has money in it every time I open it.

The first time you open your magical wallet you are overjoyed. There are no less than 10 $100 bills in it, ready, you are sure, to magically respawn every time you spend them. As you reach in to take one out you give it a tug... and it doesn't move. Pulling harder you find none of the bills will leave the wallet. After hours of trying every method possible to remove the bills, you resign yourself to the fact that there will always be $1000 in that wallet.

I wish for a large piece of beautiful land.

You step out of your house not into the street, as you expected, but into the most stunning landscape you could possibly imagine. You take several steps forward, gazing in awe at the view, then look slowly around you, drinking up the sights, only to discover that you house no longer seems to be behind you - it spoilt the view. Nor, indeed, does there seem to be anything, or anyone, else. You explore as thoroughly as you can, but you find no one at all - you are truly alone. Slowly, boredom and loneliness creep up into your mind, until, eventually, you lose all rational thought and throw yourself off the nearest waterfall, thankfully dying reasonably quickly.

I wish for a flying car.

One morning you awake and prepare to drive to work, but in your garage you find not your old and much loved 1983 Yugo, but instead a strange silver sports car with a retro-futuristic design. You climb in and admire the odd flashing lights and controls.

As you pull out into the street, you stop and notice an unusual control. With nothing to lose, you activate it. Suddenly the car rumbles, something in the undercarraige realigns, and you find that the car has lifted itself off the ground and begun to fly!

You quickly adapt to controlling the vehicle and you soar through the air to work, taking care not to go too fast for fear of losing control. When you arrive at your job, you buzz the windows and generally have a great time showing off. Everyone is amazed and you spend the whole day in a great mood, talking about your incredible new car to your co-workers.

Flying home, your high spirits boost your confidence and you throttle up to see what you can do. You top 60 mph! 65! 70! 75! 80! 85! But just before you hit 90 something goes wrong! The car shakes, lights flash, and suddenly you feel like you've just been pulled through the entire universe and come out the other side.

A moment later you feel yourself slam into the ground and skid to a stop. Dazed, but unhurt, you climb out of the vehicle to inspect the damage. You find yourself in a heavily wooded forest, clearly not where you just were. As you survey the vehicle it strikes you that it looks very badly damaged, probably beyond repair.

As you're standing contemplating your crisis, suddenly a wild-eyed man with a shock of white hair and an outrageous outfit appears from behind you and runs up to you! "Great Scot!" he cries, "My time machine! My goodness, we must repair it! We absolutely have to go back..."

"Back To The Future!"

I wish for a non-rigid, helium filled airship with which to sail the skies.

~Dune~

You're wish is granted and you receive your ship. For years and years you sail the neutral skies free as a bird, until one day you finally decide to land in Holland. There, you find a basket full of kittens. You bring them onto your ship, and sail with them! Suddenly, they all die. Between losing your new found companionship and the years of isolation prior, you throw yourself off your ship, landing on another basket of kittens, killing them too.

Oh, and your ship sails into Kitten Land, land of kittens and other small, cute things, burning down their town hall.

I wish I owned a rave club.

You're wish is granted! Some rich relative that you've never heard of grants you a building in the city, fully outfitted to be the hottest club ever. Without thinking about just why nobody's ever heard of it, or why your dead uncle 87 times removed would own such a place, you promptly open shop. The place is a hit, and you're making all kinds of cash.

That is, until one day, as you're sitting in your office in the back, when you hear a loud crash followed by a flood of screams. You rush out to see what happened, and are confronted by the sight of a dozen or so vampire-like creatures rushing out of a large hole in the ground, in which a tomb is visible. As several of them barricade all the doors, you recognize the man whom you'd been told was your uncle, apparently the leader of this pack of beast, as he tears into your dear friend's throat. The sight of the blood-drenched dance floor twists your stomach into knots, but you are, mercifully, spared from much more of it; you're among the first to be eaten, after all.

I wish I had an army of minions, willing to obey my every command.

Back