Could i ask u guys for a lil help

Hey Guys, ok i don't know who else to talk to bout this, im sure heaps of ppl have gone though this but i have no idea what to do:-

At school we have a lil group of friends, of about 8. inside that ground i have 2 best friends. We were neva popular nor not popular, i think we were just normal non geeks, but resently my two best mates n i have become pretty good friends with all the popular guys an a couple of the girls. i know this sounds really b****ie but, n i feel horrible about it, but We are really the only friends they have, and they keep hanging off us, getting annoyed that my two best friends n i want to go sit with the boys by ourselves.
We don't wanna say "get lost" because they are really cool girls but we have no idea wat to do....
please help:S
Thanx xox

now i feel like because we r sorta ditching our ada friends my two best friends will turn around an forget bout everything else in their lives except being POPULAR !!

personally, I would stick with the friends ive known for longer,
you never know what "new friends" that you dont know all the ins and outs of will do to you (ie steal your b/friend/g/friend etc) :P

Why can't they hang out with you? Can't you be friends with everybody at the same time?

At least try to be nice to your old friends. Boys come and go.

now i feel like because we r sorta ditching our ada friends my two best friends will turn around an forget bout everything else in their lives except being POPULAR !!

Which friends do you think will still be there for you 2 or 3 years down the road? My guess is the close group of girls you've known for a while, not the "popular" girls and guys. Popularity comes and goes but true friends last a lifetime.

scxivaughn thanx, i was thinking about that also, in sence to that, they always follow us around, even if we are going to the toilet they come, they neva give any space:S
aaiina i no this will sound extremlly bad on me behalf... my other friends ( the 6 of them) have no personallty, there always boring to talk to. Thats really the reason why we want to go ova n make friends with the pop. girls n guys
Gadgett i know that my two best friends i have now will always b there for me, n alway have been. But the other girls i know will end up after school neva hearign anything from again....

Thanx Guys xox

Why all of sudden are your other freinds boring? It sounds like to me you liked your other friends unitl you got popular. I dont think that you should forget about them. they just sit with you because they like you. Give them a chance.

It's Dear Abby!

Well, I think that your gonna hurt them if you tell them straight out that youse want time alone (or whatever), but why don't you talk to them? Tell them how you feel. That's always the best thing and will likely stop any hurt all around. It's the best advice I can give but it usually works. Remember they are your friends and if they are true friends, they'll understand.
Anji

I think this is something you need to think about.

Why are you friends with those popular people? Because you really like them or because you want to be popular?
And why don't you want your old friends anymore? Is it because you think they embarass you or do you feel like you've grown apart?

Ask yourself this, and be truly honest.

If you don't want them just because you're with popular people...I mean, will this matter in the future? I really doubt you will look back and be happy that you ditched your true friends to go with the popular people.

Just...you'll be happy as long as you know that you have true friends.

Or maybe it's so that your new friends is better friends than your old ones, I don't know.

Do what you feel is the right thing - for everyone. Then you won't hurt anyone. :smiley:

I don't kow what true friendship is like - because I've never had true friends. I have one or two really true friends, but I also have had lots of horrible friends.
Having a really good friend that care about you is the best thing in the world.

Are you sure you don't go to my school????

Seriously.... the only difference is that there are boys at your school......
What did I do....Well we are still working it out at the moment... but my old friends i have known since year 7....And these "new"girls are really nice so i don't know what to do but i'm sure we'll work it out..... Our school is way to b****y....... Good luck by the way... go with your heart....thats my advice :D

Hope this helps.... i feel your pain....

Rea

Difficult situation, I must admit. I've gone through about the same situation, except I was the other friend. (I get along with most of the people in my school, just not too popular.) My friend Laura used to hang out with us all the time because she was new to the school and looking for someone to hang out with. Well, we all became really good friends with her and hung out most of our Freshman year. About April, she started dating a guy named Mike. Well, Mike and her friend Barbra didn't exactly get along, so instead of sticking with her friends, she hung out with Mike. Along with hanging out with Mike, she hung around a snooty set of girls too. They were a year older than her and could drive. So basically she devoted her time to hanging out with those 3. Most of her old friends didn't react to it so well, and called her a b*tch for not talking to us anymore. Which when you think about it, it is rude. Currently, the situation is about the same, she gained 3 friends and lost about 6.
*changed names ;) (protect the innocent parties :P )

Just think it through before you make your decision, because it'll really hurt the friends that you had. If the popular people aren't what they seem(which at our school 90% of the popular people drink/do drugs), it'll be difficult to go back to your old friends.

I would hang out with both groups, tell the others that you want some alone time with your best friends sometimes and hang out all together the rest of the time, so like if you want to have sometime with your best friends alone just walk off and say you want some alone time for the lucnh break!

Back