Countdown to Freedom

Here's the latest chapter. Sorry it isn't as good as some of the others but I wanted to add a twist. The next chapter will be better, I promise. Anyways, please R/R. I hope you like it! :rolleyes:

Chapter 8

Syd and Vaughn laid on the beach a little while longer, taking in the morning’s sunrise. Once the sun was brightly shining, they packed up their belongings and returned home. Sydney told Vaughn she was going to take a shower while he put everything away.

“Hey Syd. When you’re done we should go to the warehouse to pick up your car. It was there all day yesterday.”

“Okay,” yelled Sydney from the bathroom.

Sydney got dressed and went into the living room to find Vaughn sitting on the couch, watching hockey.

“I’m done. Ready to go?” she asked.

“Yep. Let me get the keys and we can go.” Vaughn grabbed the keys but didn’t leave the house with Sydney until giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

(In Vaughn’s car on the way to the warehouse)

“How long are we going to wait until we actually find jobs and go back to work?” Syd asked Vaughn.

“I think we should wait until after our wedding,” replied Vaughn.

“Sounds perfect to me,” Syd said as she grabbed Vaughn’s free hand. She sat that way until they’d reached the warehouse.

Vaughn and Syd both looked around curiously at what they saw. Actually, they look curiously at what they didn’t see.

“Syd, where’s our car?”

“I don’t know. I parked it right over there, “ she said as she pointed out her previous parking spot.

“They got out of the car to look around the warehouse for anything suspicious. Once they got in there the door slammed shut and there was no light shining in. In complete darkness, Vaughn grabbed hold of Sydney and they held on to each other, both frightened for their lives.

“It’s nice to see you again Sydney…and you too agent Vaughn. Oh, I’m sorry. You aren’t an agent anymore. It’s just Mr. Vaughn now.” They could hear the voice but could not see the face. Sydney immediately knew who it was.

“What do you want?” she said abruptly.

“Don’t be so harsh. I came here to give you some…information.”

“I…I don’t’ understand,” Sydney said as Vaughn simply stood there and listened. He too recognized the voice, which got louder as the person drew nearer.

“I want to help you. That’s what I’ve been trying to do all along.”

“But, mom-“

“Sydney, I’m trying to help. You must let me explain everything,” Irina said.

“Why should we listen to you? You’ve never proven yourself to us before,” Vaughn said, not at all willing to listen to his father’s killer.

“I had Sloane extract me so that I could find out what he is up to. I’ve been getting the information that he needs while secretly destroying his plans. That is why I sent you the message through my earrings. I wanted you to pay attention to them so that I could send more messages and inform you of Sloane’s plans.”

“I don’t believe you. Why should I?” Sydney said. She could never trust her mother again. Only Vaughn.

“Sydney you have to believe me. Do you really think that I dropped the disc on accident when you shot me? Do you really think you saved Caplan on your own? I got Sark to escape with me from the building, allowing you to save Caplan. Oh…and did you forget that you got a lead on Sloane from the computer Caplan was working on. I made sure that the computer was unstable, allowing you to access the information. Sydney I’ve been trying to help you,” Irina pleaded desperately.

“No! I can’t believe a word you say. You never speak the truth. I want my car and I want to go home with Vaughn. I am not in the CIA anymore. If you are so persistent in helping the CIA find Sloane, go talk to my father.”

Sydney and Vaughn found their way out, having been in that very warehouse many times before. Sydney and Vaughn found her car parked around the corner and returned to Vaughn’s apartment. She wanted t have nothing more to do with the spy life, or her mother. :angry:

mer_vaughn said:
goofygal said:
(this is off topic, but have syd and vaughn said told each other "i love you" yet? {i mean like in the show.  not in this fic.})
I don't think they've ever said anything on the show with even the word love in it. The next move for them is to admit it. I'll have the next chapter up soon, tomorrow morning hopefully.
they so need to admit it soon! i amgetting mad! grrrr`

It think I'm only going to have 10 chapters so hopefully you'll keep reading until the end. I'll try to make the chapters each longer for more interest. Don't worry, it won't end sadly. There wedding has to come at some point, and they still haven't said "I love you." I hope you keep reading and enjoying.
-Merissa

"love lifts us up were we belong" sorry! i am listening to the mulin rouge soundtrack. that was such an awesome chapter! they must admit their love to each other!~me~

i know. they obviously love each other. for heaven sakes! i think that that kiss in phase one kinda proved that. wait. are you talking out the show or this fic! i can't wait for more mer_vaughn! love ya babe~me~

Chapter 9

Once Syd and Vaughn got back to Vaughn’s apartment, they sat down on the couch and Sydney began to cry. Vaughn wrapped his arms around her in an embracing hug.

“What’s wrong Syd? Are you okay?” Vaughn asked endearingly.

“I don’t know what to do. I waited so long to be with you. Once SD-6 was gone I thought my life would be perfect. I had the man I love with me and there was nothing else for me to worry about.” Sydney just sat there, snuggled in Vaughn’s arms.

Vaughn was a little taken back.” You…you’ve never told me that you loved me before.” It was a little off topic but it needed to be said.

Sydney moved her head up, locking eyes with Vaughn. “Of course I love you.”

Vaughn leaned over and gave Sydney a kiss. “I love you, too,” he said followed by his heart-melting smile.

They simply sat in each other’s arms on the couch, not saying a word. Vaughn finally broke the silence.

“Syd, are you sure you’re okay. I mean, this thing with your mom. It’s a big deal. Why did you just let her go?” Vaughn asked.

“Then Sydney looked up at Vaughn with a mischievous grin on her face, the tears in her eyes gone. “I thought maybe she was lying. But then if you think about it, those things she said she helped us with, they could be true. I wanted to give her the opportunity to prove herself. If she is telling the truth, we will be able to find her and Sloane easily, no problems. If she’s lying again, the CIA can take care of it. She’s not my problem anymore.”

Vaughn gave out a sigh, showing that he understood Sydney’s reasoning. “DO you think it will work?’ he asked.

“I don’t know. That’s not our dilemma.”

After going to bed on the couch that night, Syd and Vaughn woke up refreshed. Sydney got the rest she needed, while Vaughn spent the night with the woman he loved, who loved him in return.

Once they got up and got dressed Sydney decided to take her car to her house.

“I think I should go and get the rest of my stuff. I need to tell Francie and will what’s going on anyways. I haven’t seen them in a few days. I left a message on the machine telling Francie I had to go on another business trip. That was three days ago though. She’ll start to think something is wrong.”

“Okay. Do you want me to go with you?”

“NO offense, but I need to do this on my own. I’ll meet you here in a few hours with the rest of m stuff.”

“Okay,” said Vaughn. “I’ll start making space for your things.”

She gave Vaughn a quick kiss and walked out the door with her keys.

When Sydney arrived at her place (I mean, her old place) she realized how hungry she was. It had been awhile since she had eaten. She and Vaughn snacked before they went to bed but she’d had nothing for breakfast. She used her key to open the door, only to find Francie still asleep in her room.

She quietly knocked on Francie’s door as she walked in. “Francie, wake up.”

Francie stirred in her bed but slowly woke up. She looked over to find Sydney standing in her doorway. “What is it Sydney?” she asked unenthusiastically, as if she didn’t really care.

“I want you to help me with something.”

“With what?” asked Francie (still Freplica, by the way).

“I’m getting married…to Michael,” Syd told Francie with a huge smile on her face.

“Really,” said Francie. Her tone was more of interest and curiosity than excitement.

“Yeah. Isn’t it amazing? He asked me on our business trip. I just got back and I had to tell you.”

Francie got out of bed and Sydney began explaining the whole situation to her. She informed her that she was going to move out and that she wanted Francie to help her plan the wedding. It was weird, though. Francie wasn’t as interested in the subject as Sydney thought she’d be.

Later that day Sydney returned to Vaughn’s house with tons of boxes. She’d gotten everything out of her room that she could carry. The only things she didn’t bring were furniture. She figured Francie could keep them for now, until she and Vaughn needed them in the house they would eventually buy.

She used the new key Vaughn had given her last night to open the door and go inside. She entered, as Vaughn emerged from the bedroom. He looked so cute without his suit on. Just casual jeans and a white T0shirt. That’s what Sydney liked him in best. They both said hello and she walked over and gave Vaughn a hug. Then her cell phone began to ring.

“Hello.”

“Sydney, it’s me,” she heard her father say on the other end.

“What is it Dad?’ she asked.

“We’ve just had a walk in. Sydney, it’s your mother…again. She didn’t say she wanted to talk to you but I think it would be a good idea if you and Vaughn came in,” Jack said.

“Okay dad, we’ll be there soon.”

Sydney looked over at Vaughn. “This can wait. We have to go to the CIA…now.”

Vaughn grabbed his keys and they headed for the CIA headquarters.

I hope you like the story. Ther's only one more chapter left. I'll try to make alll of the cinfusion clear. This chapter will be long because we've got to solve a lot of problems: Irina, Freplica, and the wedding!

I'll have it up tomorow. I hope you like ti. Please R/R! :D

-Merissa

interesting......post......more.......soon........i'm so liken this it just keeps getting better and better.

Back