Countdown to Freedom

Alrighty, here's the last chapter. It isn't as classic of an ending as I'd have hoped for but I wrote it yesterday during my family's Easter celebration. I enjoy this ending and I hope you do too. Please R/R and let me know if I shoud,write anither fic. Thanks!

Chapter 10

Sydney and Vaughn arrived at CIA headquarters quickly and headed straight for Sydney’s father. Jack and Kendall were in Jack’s office talking and waiting for Syd and Vaughn to arrive.

Sydney and Vaughn saw them through the open doorway and went into the office.

“Dad, what’s up? Where’s mom?”

“Sydney, your mother is in her old cell. She won’t tell us anything. I suggested to Kendall that we bring you in.”

“Yes, Miss Bristow. We didn’t want to mess the situation with your mother you again so Langley has appointed me in charge of operational controls again. I think it best that you speak with your mother and try to get as much information out of her as you can,” said Kendall.

“I don’t know. I’m not an agent anymore. I don’t want to get involved in this anymore. I want out of this live. Michael and I want to be left alone,” stated Sydney with determination.

“We understand that Sydney but if you help us this one last time we can guarantee never to ask for your help ever again. If your mother can lead us to Sloane and Sark, our problems will be solved. Just help us one last time,” pleaded Jack.

“Okay, but Michael’s coming with me.”

She looked at Vaughn to see if he would agree to go with her. He simply nodded and gave a slight smile of approval.

The familiar hallway with the unforgettable bars was in front of Sydney and Vaughn. She could hear the bar motors clanging as each wall went up and she walked forward. Sydney and Vaughn held hands as they approached the cell of Irina Derevko.

“Sydney? What are you doing here?” asked Irina, obviously shocked to see her daughter.

“I need to know if you were telling me the truth before.”

“Of course I was. I never lied to you before.”

“Yes, but you escaped from the CIA by using my emotions for freedom. I don’t want you to manipulate me anymore. I’m only doing this for dad. You are not my mother. I just need some information from you.” Sydney stood there, still hand in hand with Vaughn, waiting for her mother to speak.

“And what do you have to say about this Mr. Vaughn?” she asked.

“What do you mean? I’m on Syd’s side. I don’t want to help either, but it’s what Sydney wants to do for her father. I’m helping her in any way I can.”

“I understand. I will tell me what you want to know, Sydney, if Mr. Vaughn will answer a question he has yet to answer.”

“What is it?” asked Vaughn.

“I asked you once but your answer didn’t satisfy me. I want to know how you feel about my daughter.”

Vaughn stood there staring into Irina’s eyes for a moment and then began to speak. “I love your daughter. We are engaged o be married. I owe her my life.”

Sydney stood there taking in Vaughn’s words. She knew they were true and full of meaning. She, however, showed no reaction for the only reason she was there was to out an end to her mother’s evil activities.

“Are you happy now?” Syd asked. “Now please, tell us what you know.”

“Sydney, everything I told you before was true. I don’t want any of you to let me go again to try and move Sloane into the CIA/s grasp. I want you to listen to what I have to say and do as you please with the information. And remember, I am not lying to you. You can find Sloane in the cottage he purchased in Tuscany. He went back there to be closer to the memory of Emily. He figured the CIA wouldn’t look for him there again since the place was nearly destroyed during your last raid. Sark should be with him. He won’t be hard to find. But Sydney, there is someone else you should be worried about.”

Sydney’s brows went forward, showing her startled nature and confusion. “

“What do you mean, someone else?”

Vaughn too looked surprised. He didn’t know what to say.

“It’s Anna. She has been surveying you since SD-6 went down. As you know, Arvin planned on the destruction of SD-6. He called his plan Phase-One. He initiated Phase-Two immediately after. Project Helix had two patients. Jim Lennox was the first to be doubled. Francie Calpo was the second. She was killed the night you raided SD-6 and Anna took her place. I’m sorry to tell you this. Sloane was able to gain classified intel from Anna and the bugs she placed in your apartment. I think you should extract her immediately and then your problems will be over for good.”

Sydney was on the brink of tears. She was flabbergasted and had no idea whether to believe Irina or not. But why would she lie about something so personal to Sydney. Sydney could not hold back her tears any longer.

Before she let them go she said,” Thank you,” to her mother and began to leave with Vaughn at her side.

As soon as Sydney reached the other side of the hallway, her tears began to pour and she grabbed onto Vaughn for dear life. She was crushed. Now whom would she have to talk to? Who would help her plan her wedding? Who would be her maid of honor? How was she going to tell Will? Vaughn was the only person who could help her now. She held onto him for a longtime. Her caressed her head and let her cry on his shoulder; it was not the first time.

(Three months later…in Hawaii)

“I’m so happy now. Being with you makes me so happy. Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. You’ve made me happier than I’ve ever been. I should be thanking you.”

Sydney just looked at Vaughn with so much love and adoration. They were lounging on the sand on the beaches of Waikiki. They were on their honeymoon.

“What made you choose Hawaii?” she asked Vaughn.

“As you know, as your handler I has access to your personal files. I looked at every mission you’d been on. You’ve been to almost every country in the world worth going to. Where else could I take you than to somewhere you’ve never been before, somewhere so wonderful?” He threw a smile her way and leaned over to kiss her.

Three months ago Sydney had no idea her life would turn out this well. She had just been told that her best friend was dead and that her mother was actually a good person. Sydney had told her father and Kendall about the meeting between she and her mother immediately after she ceased her crying. The CIA raided Sloane’s Tuscan cottage and captures he and Sark. The CIA took Freplica into custody and Sydney was free.

Sydney had to explain the situation to Will, who eventually went back to leading a normal life. He stayed with the CIA but was never the same without Francie. Sydney was going to move everything out of her old place just a month after she’d discovered the truth, but she couldn’t. It was awkward leaving her memories. Will was such a frequent guest that he decided to move in there. Sydney was moved in with Vaughn and Will was settling down.

And now Sydney was married. Wow. It was hard to believe. She and Vaughn went to Hawaii and got married on the shores at sunset. The wedding was small. Only Will, Jack, and Vaughn’s mother were present. It was a beautiful wedding, but the honeymoon was that much better.

Vaughn and Sydney spent 3 weeks in Waikiki, doing nothing but being together. They rented a beach house and got used to their married life. Soon after, they went back to L.A. where Sydney moved the rest of her things into Vaughn’s apartment. They still haven’t returned to work. Sydney and Michael have planned on taking it slowly, and starting a family. Uncle Will was pleased, as was Grandpa Jack.

The End

I'm so sad it's over. I hope you liked it. :( :D

I LOVED IT!!!!!! I SERIOUSLY THINK I'M GONNA CRY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S COME TO AN END. BUT AS YOU SAID THINGS MUST END. YOU SHOULD DO A SEQUEL FULL OF FLUFF!!!! NO BAD PPL JUST GOOD STUFF!!! GREAT!!

That was so cute, and very well written. Your ending was one of the sweetest endings I have ever read. Great gob :D I hope I will be seeing more of your work in the future. :smiley: It was sad to end it, but like they say 'All good things must come to an end' :rolleyes:

bluheart13 said:
wow. that was really nice. great ending. i give you props for it.

timmy :ninja:
I'm gonna sound like a dork but what are "props"?

ok and to mer_vaughn:

cute cute cute! great job, nice story! vive la fluff! and if I knew what props were I'm sure I'd give you some too. ^_^

write more! :cheers:

that was a wonderful story. you are a truely gifted writer and i hope to see more longer work from you. that was so sweet how it all ended. i wonder if freplica in the show is anna? now you have me really thinking. i like totally forgot about her because she hasn't been on the show for forever. ya know. any who. i loved your story and i am very sad to see it end. what are props?
~amber~

It was a really good story, but a little too fast at the end ! I hope you'll post another one soon !

Back