Counting Stars

Counting Stars
Version 1
Disclaimer- I don’t own Alias or any of the characters, if I did Lauren never would have existed and Sark and Sydney would be doing it!

Counting Stars
Version 1

He remembers the first time he kissed her. It was the day after she had come to Irina telling her she had needed a job and a new life. Irina didn’t ask why, she already knew. She had wondered if the day would come when Sydney would finally discover Jack’s secret.
Irina had of course agreed making Sydney Sark’s partner. Miraculously, Sydney hadn’t given a disgusting look like she usually sent his way, instead she smiled softly at him. That was when Sark knew things would be different. Later, Irina would fully explain what happened. About Jack’s betrayal and how Sydney hadn’t even gone home to pack, not even to say goodbye to Vaughn. She had come straight here.
The next day at breakfast both Sark had been quietly reading the newspaper when Sydney sat down next to him at the table with her cup of coffee. Sark looked up at her but she was only quietly looking out the window at the flower garden.
“Sydney”
She looked over at him questioningly, then he had kissed her. It was the most wonderful thing Sark had ever felt, espicially when she didn’t slap him afterwards.

Hey, I want to crawl out of my skin
Apologise for all my sins
All the things I should have said…
To you…

Sark remembered at that moment he felt like he could do anything and everything, but at the same time he felt horrible. Why would Sydney Bristow the most beautiful woman want to kiss someone like him, Someone who was so unworthy of her. Sark knew he wasn’t a perfect person, in fact he was far from it. He had killed in cold blood, he was a murderer, a deceiver, a thief. Why would she kiss someone who had tried to kill her and said some things he knew he shouldn’t of….but she was kissing him anyway…even if he didn’t know why.

Hey, I can't make it go away
Over and over in my brain again
All the things I should have said...
To You...

And now he was alone. They had fought, horribly. He said things he didn’t mean. He hit her, she kicked him. He yelled, she screamed. And she walked out, telling him she wasn’t coming back. And now Sark was sitting outside on the porch with a glass of brandy looking up at the sky remembering the good times.

Counting Stars wishing I was OK
Crashing down was my biggest mistake
I never ever meant to hurt you
I only did what I had to
Counting Stars again

Sark didn’t mean to fall in love with her, it wasn’t supposed to happen like this. He knew that if he fell in love with her he would get hurt and worse, she would get hurt. But he had fallen in love with her and now he wasn’t sure exactly what to do.

Hey, I’ll take this day by day by day
Under the covers of ‘OK I guess’
Life’s too short and I feel small

Sark forced Sydney out of his mind. He had to focus, he had to move on. He needed to get on with his life. He needed to become the emotional shell like he was before. He needed to be cold, calm and collected for he would have to face her tomorrow. And he wouldn’t let her see how much he missed her lying next to him at night.

Counting Stars wishing I was OK
Crashing down was my biggest mistake
I never ever meant to hurt you
I only did what I had to
Counting Stars again

Well, that didn’t turn out exactly how I planned or wanted it, but as you can see, I posted it anyway! Please review!

Back