Couple HJ questions

I just started reading up on this game, and have some questions others who have been following this game longer might know the answers to.

1. Will there be weapon sheathing? In all the screens/videos that I have seen, characters are either running around with their weapon in hand, or there is no weapon at all. Would be cool if the weapon hung at the side or on the back.

2. I don't really understand the weapon/armor system. The way I understand it is that you can get better gear in the game, but you can choose what appearance it will have on your character. So say if you get a dagger, you can make it look like a two handed sword or make platemail look like cloth or leather? Also, does armor that you obtain in game need to have an appearance, or can you choose to keep your appearance from character creation? Can someone explain this sytem to me?

3. Will there be different server types? Like RP, PVP/RP, PVP?

4. How is travel handled? I hope there is not a long range, easy to use teleport system, I like to explore.

That's all I can come up with for now.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 09:04 AM
I just started reading up on this game, and have some questions others who have been following this game longer might know the answers to.

1. Will there be weapon sheathing? In all the screens/videos that I have seen, characters are either running around with their weapon in hand, or there is no weapon at all. Would be cool if the weapon hung at the side or on the back.

2. I don't really understand the weapon/armor system. The way I understand it is that you can get better gear in the game, but you can choose what appearance it will have on your character. So say if you get a dagger, you can make it look like a two handed sword or make platemail look like cloth or leather? Also, does armor that you obtain in game need to have an appearance, or can you choose to keep your appearance from character creation? Can someone explain this sytem to me?

3. Will there be different server types? Like RP, PVP/RP, PVP?

4. How is travel handled? I hope there is not a long range, easy to use teleport system, I like to explore.

That's all I can come up with for now.
All right I'll try to answer your questions to best of my ability, and on the knowledge I know about HJ.

1. I don't know, haha sorry!

2. The weapon/armor system is unique. You make your character with the armor that you want, yet it'll have the same stats? Sounds kind of wierd doesn't it? This is how I believe it plays out. Your weapons, and armor gain in attributes as you wear them more. Makes sense figuring the more you wear something, or use a weapon the more you should become accustomed to it. Beyond that, thats about all I know on that topic.

3. Yes. Simutronics has stated that they have the ability to make multiple servers with differnet server rules with ease.

4. WE had a debate on this earlier, I belive it is all instanced, but will it be handled like GW, or WoW? We don't know yet. We do know there will be mounts though.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 09:04 AM

1. That would be a really neat thing to add. It does bother me slightly running around with my weapon drawn all the time, even while in town.

2. From what I have gathered you will start with a set of armour and a weapon. The more you use the weapon and armour the more you will be familiar with it (weight, size, balance, etc.) Also I believe that you or people skilled in such things will be able to enchant said weapon and armour with further bonuses.

Back