Course Selections

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='Apr 12 2005, 06:46 PM']i'm going into grade 11, i'm doing

Advanced Biology 11
Chemistry 11
Physics 11 -eeek! i hoe i don't flunk it  :Ph34r:
English 11
Math 11
Child Studies 11
African Canadian Studies 11

we have 4 classes a day, and only 4 classes per semester, unless you have a free - it's quite nice  :D  :angelic:
[post="1299024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

:lol: yours sounds a lot more similar to mine than anyone else's have been so far. :lol: The education system in Nova Scotia (speaking of which I'll be in Halifax in less than a month :woot: ) soudns a lot like the Ontario one. Just curious, is it just "math 11" or is it more specific like Fuctions or Functions and relations?
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
:lol: my day's probably shorter than yours. ;) from 8:50 to 3:03. 37 minutes periods, all full year classess. and three sciences isn't too bad. I'm taking bio chem and physic right now. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1298730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It is shorter... we have 55 minute classes, and a 40 minute lunch... 8:30-3:15 I get zero period every other day so that would be 7:29-3:15! I'm actually considering three sciences!! But then I still have to do the usual English (NO AP FOR ME! :D ) and Econ/Gov.. I'm not doing AP for that either. I hear AP Calc BC and AP Physics are the hardest courses they offer at my school. I'm gonna have fun with this.:lol:

Oh man I'm so mad! I'm a non athletic person, and we have to do two years of P.E requirements for the school. I already did that, but look at the courses they just added:

Ultimate Frisbee
Swimming
Heart Fitness and Nutrition
Spinning

I had no idea what Heart Fitness was so I looked it up and...
This class will focus on heart fitness and through walking four days a week.  The fifth day of the week we will explore what we eat and how it affects your overall health.  All you need for this class is a pair of walking shoes and an openness to try to make healthy food choices.

:rotflmao:
Hmm I think that means no P.E clothes too...

The other thing... "Spinning" I was like. :blink: How could you have a class on spinning!? "Two minutes kids... SPIN! GO!" But it turns out its a stationary bicycle, still sounds cool.

My school just gave us the papers to fill out our courses (Go figure. Everyone filled there's out like 2 months ago :blink: )

I'm going into my first year of school and I'm dropping Chorus. There's just so many other classes I need to take and want to take. Chorus is screwing that up
-_-

CP English 9
CP Math 9
Geophysical Science
Social Studies 9
Band
Health (one semester)/ Tech. 1 if I cant into Health
Spanish 1/French 1 if I cant get into Spanish 1
Personal Development (I dont even know what this is but I had one more semester to fill in so what the heck xP)

Moonlite Star said:
national junior honors society is supposed to be a good club u join in junior high or middle school. its "junior" because its the one u join before u get to high school, where it becomes "national honors society" its a good club and has some requirements that make it more prestige when collleges look at applications. of course, colleges dont look at what you do in middle school or junior high, only for high school, so if u have time, sure, join national junior honors society, otherwise, wait till high school.

[post="1297938"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hmm i just got a letter from the national honors society...anyone know what it is exactly? Do you think i should join...?

Moonlite Star said:
im taking physics, calc, english, and history. electives is japanese! hehe...just cus it sounds easy and fun...maybe not easy but defintiely fun! didn't know what other electives to take..technically im supposed to take electives that are related to my major, but i have no clue what my major will be...*sighs* so uh...thats my reason for fun electives are the moment! lol...
[post="1297938"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Cool! i wish our school had japanese, there's no asian langs What. So. Ever. (n) My french teacher compared our school to this other school across the bay that's the same size our ours and they had sooooo many elective langs! like mandarin, chinese, hebrew, japanese, russian, <_<

sd6452 said:
I had no idea what Heart Fitness was so I looked it up and... 

:rotflmao:
Hmm I think that means no P.E clothes too...

The other thing... "Spinning"  I was like. :blink:  How could you have a class on spinning!?  "Two minutes kids... SPIN!  GO!"  But it turns out its a stationary bicycle, still sounds cool.
[post="1299114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL! you make it sound like its so much fun.....but badminton was fun too! I want to take it again....you should take it, then you would be prepared for badminton tryouts next year!

Quick Question... if you want to have a job in Government what electives would you take in HighSchool? Should I take Economics when I get in 11th? Cause I really dont want to take Econ. xP

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
Quick Question... if you want to have a job in Government what electives would you take in HighSchool? Should I take Economics when I get in 11th? Cause I really dont want to take Econ. xP
[post="1315590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well it depends what career in the government you want to go into and then what major in university you would have to have to get that position, and that's what you have to look at; the university entrance requirements. As long as you get into the program you want at university no one really cares what you take in high school. ;)
-Mandy :angelic:

That's good. Someone was saying that most colleges recomend a HighSchool class in Physics but I was looking at all the programs that our school has and I really dont want to take Physics.

Here's what they recommended at my high school to get into college:

4 years of English
4 years of Math
4 years of a Foreign Language (the same language, not like French I, Spanish I, German I, and Japanese I)
3-4 years of Science (Usually Bio, Chem, Physics, and then Earth Science/Astronomy/whatever)
3-4 years of History/Social Studies

That's pretty much what I followed. Taking APs also helps a lot, esp. if you go to a university that accepts them for credit. I had pretty much sophomore standing when I started college this year, which means I can take more classes that actually interest me instead of fulfilling requirements.

Back