Course Selections

an asian six pack??? i've never heard of that but i wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. electives are supposed to be fun... well i guess some people find calculus fun? :blink:

nance said:
an asian six pack??? i've never heard of that but i wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. electives are supposed to be fun... well i guess some people find calculus fun? :blink:
[post="1243221"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*cough*masochists*cough*

lol, jk for people who (shudder) enjoy it

I was bloody sick on Course Selection day at my school. I have no freaking idea what to do about that. :blink: Anyways, the classes I'm going to take next year (also my grade 12, aka senior year).

AP English
AP Government
Advanced Journalism
Dance (I have to take a P.E.)
Spanish 3

My sixth spot's really complicated. I'm planning on taking Advanced Drama, but I've been planning to do that since grade 10 and it hasn't worked out. So my other options-

AP Calculus (>.<)
Free sixth period (I go home! ^_^ or work)

Hey, I have to start choosing my courses for my Junior year next week, & I was wondering if anyone had taken any of these classes:

AP English Language & Comp
H. American Literature/Comp
H. Contemporary Composition
AP Art History
AP Psychology

I'm definitely taking AP Psych, I'd just like to know some of the topics you cover, etc. About the 3 english classes...I'm trying to decide which to take, although I'm leaning towards AP Eng Lang & Comp simply because it's an AP. I know nothing about any of these classes, so topics you cover, books you read, etc would be nice. & about AP Art History...what was the class like? I believe I've seen the book for that class & it is HUGE. Would you recommend it to a person who's already taking 3 other APs?

Any help on those classes would be appreciated.

Ok so far I know I'm signing up for French 7/8 and AP Calculus, it just depends on A/B or B/C.

I'm considering AP Physics... leaning towards yes.

I'm thinking about AP Goverment and Econ, but I have AP US history right now and I'm struggling.

AP english.... probably not, but my school offers like a million english courses for senior year and I don't know what to choose.

I'm also considering forensics! It's a new class at my school and its an elective. It sounds fun, so I'll either have 5 classes that year, or if I choose forensics, it'll be 6...

Hmm any advice for the above?

I'd take forensics. It sounds fun! :D

Hmm... let's see... next year I'm taking
Spanish 4
Honors English 11 (Otherwise known as HE11) *whispers* HELP ME!
AP US History: Part two
Music Theory
Functions, Stats, and Trig (*Gag*)

And I may or may not be taking Acc. Physics cause word round the halls is that you learn nothing, so I may have to go in and bribe my guidance councellor to change that... :whistle: :angelic:

sd6452 said:
Ok so far I know I'm signing up for French 7/8 and AP Calculus, it just depends on A/B or B/C.

I'm considering AP Physics... leaning towards yes. 

I'm thinking about AP Goverment and Econ, but I have AP US history right now and I'm struggling.

AP english.... probably not, but my school offers like a million english courses for senior year and I don't know what to choose.

I'm also considering forensics!  It's a new class at my school and its an elective.  It sounds fun, so I'll either have 5 classes that year, or if I choose forensics, it'll be 6...

Hmm any advice for the above?
[post="1276796"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

forensics? really? woa! but i don't think imma take that. AP Physics? are u kidding me? i would die in that class! I"m going to stick with regular physics, thank you very much.

so here's my tentative schedule

Advanced Photo (or guitar, if they still offer that. last yr not enough ppl signed up for it. hmm didn't they have an archery elective before, Leslie?)
Calc B/C
Physics
Government and Econ
English elective still unsure...

blueangel said:
forensics? really? woa! but i don't think imma take that. AP Physics? are u kidding me? i would die in that class! I"m going to stick with regular physics, thank you very much.

so here's my tentative schedule

Advanced Photo (or guitar, if they still offer that. last yr not enough ppl signed up for it. hmm didn't they have an archery elective before, Leslie?)
Calc B/C
Physics
Government and Econ
English elective still unsure...
[post="1278538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*Shakes head* Someone's afraid of a challenge! :rolleyes: I'm not sure about the archery elective, I heard of it before, but I don't know if we had it.

Forensics does sound fun, maybe I will sign up for it. It's only a semester long class. And it's not like its hard or anything, it's an elective!!! A non-AP elective. Ok, I'm signing up for that!

sd6452 said:
*Shakes head*  Someone's afraid of a challenge! :rolleyes: I'm not sure about the archery elective, I heard of it before, but I don't know if we had it.

Forensics does sound fun, maybe I will sign up for it.  It's only a semester long class.  And it's not like its hard or anything, it's an elective!!!  A non-AP elective.  Ok, I'm signing up for that!
[post="1278728"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:rolleyes: -_- go ahead! and when you're done with that class, you can tell me about it and maybe i might sign up for it that next semester.

Hmm, does anyone know if physics is a required class in college? I'm really considering to switch to Honors Anatomy. Honors Anatomy=no AP test... and it's bio!!! I like bio more.

sd6452 said:
Hmm, does anyone know if physics is a required class in college?  I'm really considering to switch to Honors Anatomy.  Honors Anatomy=no AP test... and it's bio!!!  I like bio more.
[post="1295728"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Most colleges have physics as a required gened for almost all majors.

Wow. I'm going to have to look up how the US university system works. It seems more like the Australian high school system - in regards to the subjects you have to do, not the level of intelligence!!!! It's so completely different to most other places.....

I'm going into High School next year (9th Grade). My stupid school still hasnt let us pick our courses. I mean we get out June 4th. They should let us get it over with. Lol ;)

Oh yeah and has anyone else heard of National Junior Honors Society?

xinli11 said:
Most colleges have physics as a required gened for almost all majors.
[post="1295735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oh damnit, that makes it harder to choose! I just went to the computer lab today to change it to anatomy... now I'm thinking about changing it back. :Ponder: I want a hard year because it looks good... but then I don't because I don't wanna be the one doing the work. :confused: :rolleyes:

sd6452 said:
oh damnit, that makes it harder to choose!  I just went to the computer lab today to change it to anatomy... now I'm thinking about changing it back. :Ponder:  I want a hard year because it looks good... but then I don't because I don't wanna be the one doing the work. :confused:  :rolleyes:
[post="1297909"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's true, Canadian universites has it better because for many programs it can be either two of physics, bio or chem unless you're going into like kenisiology (sp?) where it's required. ;) It really depends, you have to think about what you're going to major in and which university would require the classes. ;)

Why do you people only have 6 classess a year?!! I have 8! 9 if I count band! <_<
--Mandy :angelic:

Ah, another reason why Canada is better! :lol: Whoa 8... How long is your school day!! Eight classes... you should like not have homework or something!! I'd rather be in school from 6am-8pm than have homework...

Is physics like really hard? I was considering taking it next year because I don't want to be suprise when I take it in college. Maybe I should take regular physics... Hmm, then I would be taking physics, Anatomy, forensics in one semester. :lol: That's a lot of science. :thinking:

national junior honors society is supposed to be a good club u join in junior high or middle school. its "junior" because its the one u join before u get to high school, where it becomes "national honors society" its a good club and has some requirements that make it more prestige when collleges look at applications. of course, colleges dont look at what you do in middle school or junior high, only for high school, so if u have time, sure, join national junior honors society, otherwise, wait till high school.

i know in my city, most of the high schools in my district had eight classes, in a few districts nearby, they had only six. in the school i wnet to, i had four classes per semester. so i gues it just depends on the school...

im taking physics, calc, english, and history. electives is japanese! hehe...just cus it sounds easy and fun...maybe not easy but defintiely fun! didn't know what other electives to take..technically im supposed to take electives that are related to my major, but i have no clue what my major will be...*sighs* so uh...thats my reason for fun electives are the moment! lol...

sd6452 said:
Ah, another reason why Canada is better! :lol:  Whoa 8... How long is your school day!!  Eight classes...  you should like not have homework or something!!  I'd rather be in school from 6am-8pm than have homework...

Is physics like really hard?  I was considering taking it next year because I don't want to be suprise when I take it in college.  Maybe I should take regular physics...  Hmm, then I would be taking physics, Anatomy, forensics in one semester. :lol:  That's a lot of science. :thinking:
[post="1297933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: my day's probably shorter than yours. ;) from 8:50 to 3:03. 37 minutes periods, all full year classess. and three sciences isn't too bad. I'm taking bio chem and physic right now. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

i'm going into grade 11, i'm doing

Advanced Biology 11
Chemistry 11
Physics 11 -eeek! i hoe i don't flunk it :Ph34r:
English 11
Math 11
Child Studies 11
African Canadian Studies 11

we have 4 classes a day, and only 4 classes per semester, unless you have a free - it's quite nice :D :angelic:

Back