Movies Creature from the Black Lagoon

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Creature from the Black Lagoon
Plot: A movie in Universal's 'Dark Universe' about the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Weight of Water
The Weight of Water is a 2000 mystery thriller film based on Anita Shreve's 1997 novel The Weight of Water. Directed by Kathryn Bigelow, the film stars Elizabeth Hurley, Catherine McCormack, Sean Penn, and Sarah Polley.
Directed byKathryn Bigelow

Are you sure you are not thinking

The Shape of Water (2017)?
An other-worldly story, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1962, where a mute janitor working at a lab falls in love with an amphibious man being held captive there and devises a plan to help him escape.
Guillermo del Toro - Director, Screenplay, Story

Still, Creature From The Black Lagoon is one of my favorite creature features of all time and I would love to see a modern take on it with a new but similar creature design.
While I would want man in suit scenes I would not be against CGI enhancements.

I would be happy to see it remade, but I can't imagine they could manage to do it better. I saw it recently - aided by the cinematography of the time, I just thought "It just looks like a real gill-man - that's what one would look like - it would be about that expressive as it's basically a fish". The way they even managed to design the suit to make it look like it was breathing realistically. Absolutely wonderful. I think the one in Shape of Water looked fine as well, but considering the originals from 1954, it's just incredible.

Back