Cricket!

anji_alias said:
Yay, a fellow AFoA. Aussies are fine. Bad news, brett lee scored his worst ever 1 for about 83 balls. That sucks.
That was a really bad game for Brett Lee.

I've seen Andrew Symonds, he was at a club here in Brisbane called Fridays - he was wolf whistling at me and my friends...charming! Then this other woman got into a disscussion about why he wears zinc - he was rather intoxicated!

But he's a great cricket player - so I forgive him! Lol!

Kelly

I have an embarrassing story about him...before he made it big. I was at the beach on the last tour to SA, and I saw Brett and Shane and some other guys (but nobody I noticed). So they were al their, and I got to see them in their swimsuits, and I asked for their autographs...but only them...and the third guy standing with them was ANDREW SYMONDS! I didn't know who he was...so I didn't ask for his, and now my family tease me about it non-stop! *the shame*

Ha. What was that guy's name who played with Lee when he hit the winning six??? Cause my mate is teaching his kid in kindy. We asked her to get his autograph for us and she said everytime he signs a form...

Ah damn! That's soooooooooooo cool! And clever! ;)

South Africa beat Windies twice in a row :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I went to the game here, and I'm still hoarse from shouting so much! It was amazing!

I've got the autograph of a englishman (pom) who sat on the same plane as brett lee for about two hours. Not as good as lee's autograph but i'm getting closer.

Hey, i havent chatted in this thread for a while now! I was just wondering did anyone watch the India VS Pakistan! OMG it was the best match ever, India smashed it :woot: :woot: :woot: , it was soooooo close we won though! I swear its the best match ever, and the next ones on tuesday, i may have to pretend im sick so i dont have to go college!

Check out this link to see if your addicted to brett lee:
http://www.brettlee.net/obsessed.php
I have passed the I'm addicted to brett lee test. Shameful.

sm_model06.jpg

You are about to faint if you meet someone who’s seen Brett and ask the person unlimited Questions like “How cute is he off the field?”, “How sweet is he?”, “How does he talk?”, “Did you see a girl with him?” and you go on, on, on…….

I did that.

If anyone wants to make you angry all they have to do is say something bad about Brett because they know that that’s the one thing that’s really gonna flare you up and make you mad

That and anything against Alias

anji_alias said:
Check out this link to see if your addicted to brett lee:
http://www.brettlee.net/obsessed.php
I have passed the I'm addicted to brett lee test. Shameful.

sm_model06.jpg

You are about to faint if you meet someone who’s seen Brett and ask the person unlimited Questions like “How cute is he off the field?”, “How sweet is he?”, “How does he talk?”, “Did you see a girl with him?” and you go on, on, on…….

I did that.

If anyone wants to make you angry all they have to do is say something bad about Brett because they know that that’s the one thing that’s really gonna flare you up and make you mad

That and anything against Alias
Hey there Anji,

Me am a cricket lover!!

Big fan of Brett Lee.

I am a member of the SCG so I went and saw Steve Waugh's last match. Went all by myself on the first and got REALLY sunburnt. Took a friend with me on the second day. Was really good but also REALLY Hot.

I am more of a fan of the Kiwi's dare I say. The aussies particulary the waugh's and hayden hate signing autographs. I am a big kid at heart and have got from memory brett's 3 times. Ricky's and Hayden's!!

The kiwi's seem to be a little bit more friendlier to there fans and will pose for pictures. Ok so it was one player but I haven't forgotten it. Was shane bond who posed for the pic!!

Haven't seen a girl with him. Well kinda have but she wasn't with him. I went to an australia -sth africa match two years ago on my b'day and kate fischer was there. She used to engaged to James Packer and know lives in LA!! All the players seemed to be a bit captivated by her. Hanging over the balcony staring at her!!

Brett is a good player. He just keeps getting injured all the time!!

^_^

Poor thing!!

Cricket is the worlds best sport. Its a bit like baseball only longer. Tests last up to 5days. People have this misconception that it is boring but it fantastic. Its especially popular in the Commenwealth Countries. Apparantly its growing in popularity on the West Coast.

Seriously you cannot bet sitting in the sun watching cricket.

I'm an absolute fanatic and can just watch it all day. In fact in 10 mins the last one day international between England and the West Indies will be starting. I' m just going to find the team list and I'm going to the 2nd test match between Eng and thw Windies at home. Then hopefully the home ashes in 05

Ah! Gotta love the game...it can get boring, but tests can be exciting in their moments like when Lara got his hundred-million not out, and they are always smashing boundaries!

I love Pro20 (which is just like Twenty20 in UK).

i love cricket.i played for Surrey ladies under 21s before i broke my ankle and then became unfit and now i'm 22 and really not in any fit shape to play at all. can't wait for summer. will sit in park watching and playing cricket all the time HURRAH!!!

I spent all of Sunday watching the third XI thrash out arch rivals in the sun with a few drinks. Can you get any better?

And England v. New Zealand starts tomorrow. But without Michael Vaughn. He was stretchered out of the nets on Wednesday :eek:

But with Strauss in I think we'll just do it. If Rob Key can score 2 centuries against them in a tour game, the England batting line up won't have a problem.

Hehehe...I like life without Michael Vaughn...both of them! :lol: (but I think the cricketer is Vaughan)

At any rate, it's my off-season at the mo, so I'm not playing, and my team (SA) isn't playing either :depressed: :rolleyes: :o_O: :depressed:

Our boys have just arrived home after all that stuff that happened regarding a certain country firing all the good players and The Aussies had to settle for ODI and no tests were played and we're all depressed. Talk about a run on sentence. An GUESS WHAT (pls don't kill me ackels). I'm going to see Brett lee (yes THE brett lee) and his rock band play. They have a gig around the corner from my house and it' FREEEEEE! so I'm gonna go and get autographs and yay..... I'm so happy.

It's our off season too *sigh*. Now to answer that question about what is cricket...
It's a game that most countries that were settled by the English play. 11 men (and 1 incase of injuries) a side. They toss a coin into the air to decide who bowls (throws the ball) and who bats (hits the ball). ODI (one day internationals) in my country usually started at 1 pm and finish after each side bowls 50 (?) overs (6 balls per over) at the other team (like baseball) and the other team tries to hit the ball far away and then run up and down the pitch (grass strip) as many times as possible.

This sounds really boring and many people think that an afternoon of watching paint dry is more fun, but the atmosphere (mexican waves, whistles, beach balls, policeman, singing.) is really fun (the Barmy Army is cracked though).
And the cricketer is Michael VaughAn. I have a proposal: The Aussies buy Brian Lara, Michael Vaughan, Murali and Shoaib Achtar and then we will be INVINCIBLE. I do believe that this wouldn't be very popular amongst other countries though and there is likly to be a backlash.

Bye anji

This sounds really boring and many people think that an afternoon of watching paint dry is more fun, but the atmosphere (mexican waves, whistles, beach balls, policeman, singing.) is really fun (the Barmy Army is cracked though).
And the cricketer is Michael VaughAn. I have a proposal: The Aussies buy Brian Lara, Michael Vaughan, Murali and Shoaib Achtar and then we will be INVINCIBLE. I do believe that this wouldn't be very popular amongst other countries though and there is likly to be a backlash.

I never knew it was AN. and the Barmy Army aren't cracked they are actually a recongnised fund raising group which have done many wonderful things for charity.

Seen as they are internationals, don't think you can buy and sell them. And you are not having Michael Vaughan, and I thought don't think John Howard will want Murali seen as he has called the action and thats why he is refusing to tour.

Ashes 05. I'm so excited. Seriously think we can compete this time. (I hope so anyway)

Back