Ratings: PG-13

---
<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Crisis Management</span>​

Part a.

“You look better in the beige one.”

“But that white one looks good as well, don’t you think?”

“Well. It looks good both ways.”

“Ack.”

A frustrated Sydney blew a strand of hair off her nose, and Nadia laughed. Sydney stood in front of the mirror and held the two gowns in front of her alternatively, then sat down hard on the chair.

“Sydney, just go with whichever you feel most comfortable in,” she started, sitting down beside her sister. “Or I could get Vaughn and Eric from upstairs to choose for you.” Sydney squinted her eyes, contemplating.

“It makes sense. After all, how many cuts can a tux have that will cause them this much agony?”

Upon hearing that, Nadia took her cell phone and scrolled down to Weiss’s name. It rang for approximately three seconds, and he picked up. After a brief conversation, Nadia snapped the lid of her phone to end the call.

“They’re coming over,” she announced. Almost simultaneously, the two men walked down the stairs and Weiss chirped gaily (“We’re here! The saviors!”). Sydney then threw Vaughn an exasperated look. He grinned, and raised his eyebrow mockingly.

“Having a crisis?”

---​

Days rolled by, and Sydney grew more and more restless. She was constantly walking around, pacing through APO, and generally, zinging everywhere. Occasionally she’d slow down to talk to Nadia, her father, Weiss, Dixon, or more importantly (at least to her), her soon-to-be husband.

During briefings, she’d pay little to no attention, and that was the same case, perhaps even worse, when it comes to debriefs. She’d smile to herself one moment, then a perplexed look will cross her face in another.

Five days before the wedding, Nadia finally couldn’t stand the notion of Sydney behaving like this. Late at night, she rounded her up in the living room and crossed her arms in front of Sydney.

“Sydney, what’s wrong with you?”

“Wh-?” she snapped out of her stupor and gave her a smile. “Nothing’s wrong.”

“Right, nothing’s wrong, if you don’t define wrong as being listless and practically ignoring everybody at the office, and when you’re home, you have that dazed look on your face. Really, Sydney, I could help if you could tell me.”

Sydney looked at her in the eye, in all seriousness, and Nadia sat down… until Sydney started laughing. Loudly. Nadia raised one eyebrow in contempt.

“You thought something was wrong with me?”

“Well, not just me, Eric did, your father did, Dixon did, Marshall did, hell, even your fiancé thought so!”

Sydney stopped laughing for a moment as she looked at her sister.

“Alright, fine, I’d tell you what’s ‘wrong’ with me, okay? I’m just happy. Then I’m scared. Then ecstatic, and then I feel the fear conquering me again.”

“Fear? Of what? Marriage?”

“No. Fear of the prospect of “Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn” not working,” she told her, adding a silent ‘again’ in her head. Nadia looked thoroughly confused, and was about to speak when Sydney held her hand up. “It’s just that, every time something seems to go right for us - And I’m not talking about perfect; I’m talking about normal – something else must ruin it.

“The last time we wanted to get to our romantic getaway to Santa Barbara four years ago, the Covenant stole the years from me. When I woke up in Hong Kong and saw Vaughn, I was so relieved. I remembered nothing. I thought he was still the man I knew and loved. Don’t get me wrong, I still do love him, of course, but … Things just aren’t the same anymore. I was so relieved, I hugged him so tightly. I was so, so thankful. Until I saw that damned ring on his finger.

“When we got back to LA, everything I’d know had changed. Places changed. People changed. My beliefs changed. Everything. I hated the changes. I couldn’t do anything, and that’s what I hated the most. Things happened. I didn’t like those things. Right now, all I’m feeling is apprehensiveness… Because I hold the knowledge that something will go wrong somehow.”

Nadia opened her mouth to speak, and then closed it again, in a bid to say something that made sense. This made Sydney laugh, and she gave Nadia a hug.

“Well, you did ask.”

“I did ask, and I really wanted to know. But I think you’re being a little silly. I mean, the most important thing is that you love him, and he adores you. You don’t need to question that because you know that’s the truth.

“In this world, in our world, there are only a few constants in our lives. Yours is Vaughn. If I’ve learned anything from this spy trade, that’d be that you have to cherish whatever moment you have with someone you love,” Nadia finished her little speech and quite literally, Sydney blinked back tears.

“Okay, now you’ve made me both happy and scared, again!” Sydney lamented, and Nadia chuckled softly. A knock on the door turned both their heads towards it, and Nadia stood up.

“You’d be alright. Trust me,” she mouthed, and turned to open the door.

---​

“My shoes, did you see them, my shoes? Did you? Oh, and the flowers! The flowers, did you get them? And the –”

“Sydney I’ve gotten everything under control. Don’t worry!” Nadia chuckled, this hilarious sight amusing her to bits. Never in her life after meeting her sister did she expect her, the super-spy (‘SpyBarbie! SpyBarbie!” Weiss had chanted gleefully in his drunken stupor the night before) be so flustered, panicky and discomposed. Instead, her sister, the woman about to get married, was everything a nervous wreck could be.

She watched as Sydney paced about the tiny room at the church. Sydney glanced at her, then gave her a pensive grin.

“Right, I know, I’m just really have a really bad panic attack here,” she confessed, tugging at the hem of her gown. “Trust me, when you and Eric get married, you’d be like this, too.”

“Haha,” she replied her sister dryly. Sydney stopped pacing for a bit, and in her eyes was a distant look. Nadia noticed that, and she put on the ‘questioning eyebrows’ that she was now known for, as Weiss would gladly testify.

“I know this is a little hard… And a little inappropriate, of course, but… I just wish our mother could be here,” she started, a strange tug in her heart. Nadia gave her a small wistful smile, then stood up abruptly.

“She’d be so proud of you.”

---​

“So, buddy, excited?” Weiss slapped Vaughn on the back, and he scowled good-naturedly.

“Excited, yes, can’t wait, even more so,” he admitted, a sheepish grin on his face. There was a quiet moment, and it was not a doubt that the two of them were thinking of the previous time they had gotten like this. It had been a moment of folly that had scarred part of his life, and many others, permanently.

“Dude, I’m happy for you, you know that? I’m glad that after all… What happened, you still manage to snag the girl of your dreams. I’m going to have to stop here because if I finish what I’m saying here, I’d have nothing to say later.”

Vaughn laughed a little, shifted his glance to him and unspoken gratitude was expressed by volumes.

---​

PM List!
Cai
syd26
Scialet
luckylass
vaughnroxmysox
cinders
i'm an aliasaholic
SarahBear
ubielecki
Mountaineer+Boyscout
aliasdancer007
rileylovesalias
KAliasGirl
shotput25ash
secret_agent_angel
SydAPO05
Angel
fieldstation

this is so awesome thanx 4 the pm!! u had better update soon k?!!! they r gettin married in the 1st chappie *does weiss happy dance* and there is still Wadia and *sigh* this is so so good!

aww secret lives, that was great, i've been sitting here for tghe last five minutes going "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

so so so so so so sweet, cant wait for the next installment, and youre right so fluffy, but so sweet

That was wonderful. I loved how to really showed their emotions and had Nadia and Weiss as the conforters and reassurance. Something that's true to the show. :smiley: Very excellent work and you're a very talented writer. Thanks for the PM, and I hope you update soon! I'm getting anxious to see what happens.

:hug:

Riley xoxo

That was really good!
Syd, super-spy, being a nervous reck - I can only imagine.
Im glad Nadia is there for reassurance, and I like the hint of Wadia in the future *smiles*
Thanks for the PM!
Update soon? Pretty please?
Ash

Weeeeee! My Jalynnie-poo has a new fic! :woot: I had no idea you were writing something new! *does a lil jig* YAY!

And gosh! It's BWILLIANT! Absolutely fantasically doopyloopidy bwilliant! :D Lol ok that made no sense... But I don't know what to say, it's too awesome for words! Hehe. Syd and Vaughn are getting MARRIED!! Can you really blame me for getting so excited?

:happydance:

I can't wait till the next chapter! Grarrr... But where is everyone? This is SUCH a good fic, but not enough people read it... :( *stomps*

Anywho, keep me on the pee-emmy list! Update soooooon! :D

Cai
x

:blink: Is *points at fic* this gonna be a one parter, Missy Jalyn? Or will it be continueeeed? :angelic:

Back