~Crossroads~

I love this! could i plez get a pm! Im sorry i dont have time 2 write a full review, but its really really good!

“There’s something inside of you that snaps when you see the person you love the most with someone else.  It makes you want to cry to try and release the pain, hoping that maybe if you let out a sob or two they’ll realize you never really stopped loving them.  Maybe they’d find sympathy for you and run up to you and tell you that it was all a nightmare, that time hadn’t passed, that the distance between you hadn’t grown.”
:eek: did syd go out with some one else? (n)

He stopped and played with the band-aid that was wrapped around his thumb. It had adhered to his finger for such a long period of time that the skin underneath was soft and pale
LOL the band-aid thing i know where you got that :lol:

“But in fact….it has?”
NO! no it hasnt!! :angelic:

“It’s like in high school,” He began again.  “Senior year comes and goes, and you make false promises that you’ll stay in touch, that you’ll still be friends with everyone and you’ll go hang out during the week.  Then everyone gets their own lives.  Suddenly the past isn’t as important. Because the friendships that you’ve built are just part of your high school immaturity.  Joe goes to Boston and becomes a fisherman, Krissy goes to California and becomes a C list celebrity on some reality show you’ve never heard of.”
thats really good cus iam in my senior year now and that is what i feel is going to happen :( so great detail on this fic!

And the flashback...what is there to say... :love:

“Do you still love her?”
YES! yes he does!! :angelic:

LOL wonderful fic and iam intrested in seeing where this is going and what happend so please add me to the PM list! thanks ~lizzy

*Sigh* - just one more fic for me to get addicted to. ;) LOL This is off to a great start - definitely keep me on your PM list for the next update!

BRAVO!! I love this already...good god..your writing gets better and better with every fic....I have been out of high school for oh...8 years now...but you described the moments of reflection perfectly. I am sure they are still fresh in your mind tho...it is true how everyone moves on....very few friendships survive..but many new ones form...the circle of life I guess... great job..pm me when you update.

Crystal :cool:

Holy God, why did i wait so long to read this? WOW Kristina, you had me interested in this from the first sentence! I love it! I cant wait for more! Please update soon, oh and add me to the pm list please!!

kristina, you certainly are an amazing writer... please do add me to the PM list!

highschool. i love how you described michael's feelings towards highschool... its funny, coz last night i was just browsing our highschool yearbook and i cant help but smile... its been six years... and sighs... yeah, you were definitely right. college: reality.

Wow, I think what Riley says summed it up. She said it perfectly. This seems like a really good type of fic. Its got its own unique style....good old high school memories for that as well.

Please PM me, and I hope you update soon. :smiley:

I love it already
It is so great
I don't know how you get me so addicted, but you do it well
Can I get a PM, please?
I can't wait till Tuesday!

:happydance: YAY another one of your stories!! :love: :D

That was such an amazing chapter *claps* it was so well written (y) (y) (y)

please add me to your pm list ^_^

~Part 2~

He plops down in his usual chair, the old leather sofa that is worn in more areas than one from constant patients that were all going through some sort of trauma in their life. It also has one burn mark in the arm, from when he had gotten too annoyed with his doctor to stay any longer, so in retaliation he put his cigarette out on it, its appearance has gone downhill since then. The cushions immediately adjust under his weight, forming to his athletic body.

He takes out a pack of Marlboro lights from the inside of his jacket and lights up as he sits there waiting. His lighter is scratched up and the gold finish is starting to rub off due to its use for so many years. It had once been used by his father, and had been in great condition until he had taken up the bad habit that his father had during his sons childhood.

“So how’s your week been going?”

It is always the same question. It’s like a routine every single week. Of course, it is a logical question, no doubt. But what is he supposed to say? His life sucks to all hell and he wishes he were someone else even if it were only for a short period of time?

“The usual.” He answers. “I went through one pack of cigarettes yesterday and almost got demoted for being five minutes late for work. I drive the zambonie at AllState arena when no one’s around, what are they going to demote me too? Cleaning the urinals?” He almost laughs at how sorry his life has turned out to be.

He never wished to be in the situation he is in, but life threw him a curve ball, and it was if he suddenly forgot how to catch. He always thought life was going to be a blast, that at his high school reunion he’d have something to brag about.

That would never happen.

The man across from Michael Vaughn crosses his legs and takes out a pen from his pocket.

“Have you ever considered quitting smoking?”

Michael takes another huff of his cigarette and blows out the smoke through his nose as if it were nothing.

“Have you ever considered that maybe you ask too many questions?” He is bitter, he has reason.

“It’s my job.”

“The hell it is.” Vaughn says. “You’re supposed to be listening to all the things that went wrong in my life, not criticizing me for my bad habits.”

“I wasn’t criticizing.”

Vaughn looks around the room at all the certificates and degrees that are framed and hanging on the wall. The room is painted a light blue, maybe it’s supposed to help people feel happier or something. But to him it is just paint, just artificial material that is covering up the real deal.

“Are you going to ask me about my lunch with Sydney?”

“Do you want me to ask?”

“Well you want to know don’t you?” He stares into his shrinks eyes for a moment and then puts out his death stick in the ash tray on the table next to him. “She’s more beautiful than I remember. Here I thought maybe she would have changed, maybe her beauty would only last in her youth. But at twenty-four she looks better than ever really.”

“And how did she react to you?”

~**~**~**~

He entered the small café that she had told him to meet her at. It was quite busy seeing as it was lunch time and everyone was on their break from the surrounding work places. He walked through the door and tried to find her in the crowd, but saw too many women with the same brown hair he used to know so well. He suddenly saw someone walking toward him and he quickly whipped his head around to see her coming towards him with a smile on her face and looking as though she was about to cry.

“Michael…”

She threw her arms around her neck and hugged him tightly. Her head resting on his shoulder as his arms encased her fragile figure. Well, maybe she was never really “fragile”, but he always treated her like she was. A delicate beauty, in and out, in every sense.

“Syd…”

He suddenly felt like he was eighteen again and in high school. The way it felt to have her in his arms brought back old memories from the past that he would never forget. It also made him regret the mistakes that he had made along the way with her.

“I’ve missed you.” She told him. She pulled back slightly, one hand resting on his shoulder as she wiped the tears away from her eyes with the other. She tried to laugh them away, knowing they were just silly tears that emerged because she hadn’t seen him in such a long time.

“You alright?” He asked, his hands still resting on her hips.

“Yeah.” She nodded and smiled. “Just seeing you again…god, look at you.” She stepped back slightly and gave him a once over. “Michael, you look so amazing.”

He smiled softly. “You’re more beautiful than I remember.”

She blushed slightly and looked down. Sydney Bristow could never take a compliment. She was to modest to believe what people said. She didn’t think she was beautiful. Pretty maybe, but not beautiful.

“How about we sit down.” He suggested. He followed her to the table she had been waiting at and pulled her chair out for her.

“Thanks.”

He just smiled as he took off his coat and sat down across from her.

“So how’ve you been?” She asked. “It’s been so long.” She leaned on the table. Her chin resting on her fist as she watched him intently.

“I’ve been good.” He said. It was a plain old lie, not even a white lie. His life sucked, and he knew it. He was hurting so badly inside and no one could tell. He had become too good at hiding his feelings.

She nodded softly. “What have you been doing with yourself?”

“I…um…I’m actually trying to get in with the Blackhawk’s. They want me to try out.”

God damn it. Why did I just lie to her?

“Michael! Are you serious? That’s so awesome, I’m so happy for you.” Sydney said as she rested one of her hands on top of his. His eyes moved to her hand. Her touch was still warm and gentle, soothing on a bad day.

“Yeah.”

“That’s been you’re dream since like…forever.”

He nodded. “So what about you?” He asked. “How’s life treating you in New York?”

She smiled slightly and looked out the window of the café to see taxi’s drive by through the slush on the road.

“It’s good. I write columns for NYW magazine.”

“NYW?” He asked.

“New York Woman. All women talk.” She said.

“Syd, that’s great. I always knew you’d make it with your writing. Maybe I’ll have to subscribe just so I can read your stuff every week.” His excitement was genuine, he loved to see her successful with her career, atleast one of them was.

“Somehow I don’t think you’d be interested in the stuff I write about.” She smiled as the waitress walked over to them and took out a pad of paper.

“Can I get you kids something to eat?” She asked.

“Um...” Sydney looked at Vaughn. Even in the past she was always looking to follow him.

“I’ll just have coffee.” He said. Sydney followed suit and ordered the same as they got back to catching up. The waitress came back with their coffee and it was then, when she took a sip of the hot liquid, that he noticed the large engagement ring on her finger.

He stared at her as she set the cup back down and went to add some sugar. Of course, he shouldn’t have been surprised. She was an extraordinary woman, any man that was with her had to be the same.

“So who’s the lucky guy?” He asked as he nodded toward the ring and picked up his cup of coffee.

Sydney ran her finger along the rim of her cup as she tried to tell him. She seemed rather hesitant.

“Do you remember Jacob from the basketball team?” She asked.

Vaughn nearly spit out his coffee. “Jacob Deloce?”

Jacob had been one of those jocks in high school that tried to get as much pu**y as possible his senior year. He was a player on the court and in bed.

Oh HELL no! There is not a chance that kid took my place. What the hell was she thinking!? If he f***in’ touched her...

He couldn’t even think about it, the fact that another man was pleasing her now.

Sydney titled her head slightly.

“So, you and Jacob?”

“He went NYU also. We both kinda found comfort in eachother. We were alone in a city that we weren’t familiar with, and all the people were strange to us. We just hit it off.”

Comfort in what way exactly? Like comfort sex? Or comfort dating? What were the other possibilities?

He nodded and bit the inside of his cheek as he looked out the window at the snow that was now falling steadily. The wind blew it around, scattering it in different directions, which is how his heart and his mind felt as this exact moment.

He wanted to kick Jacob’s a**. Not only was the kid a walking example of sexually transmitted diseases. But he’d never been in love with any of the girls he’d f***ed. They were all prizes to him. Pieces he could brag about at parties.

“Michael?” Her voice was soft and warm. It caused him to turn his head and look back at her. Just as she was about to say something the waitress came back with a pot of coffee.

“Can I get you two anything else?” The women asked as she refilled their cups.

“No, thank you.” Sydney told her with a polite smile. She waited until the women walked away before looking back at Vaughn. She used to be able to read him so easily, but there was something different. She couldn’t see past his eyes to what he was thinking, it was as if he was blocking himself.

“I’m happy for you.” He said through a soft expression.

I’m lying to you, I think you’re f***ing crazy! What the hell, Sydney! Tell me you haven’t let him touch you!?

She nodded softly and they were both silent for a few moments.

God damn it, Sydney! Why Jacob? He’s a f***ing pig bas****.

“You know, I should probably get going. I have a lot to do today.” He said as he took out his wallet. He discovered a single dollar bill. It was true, he was broke. He barley had enough money to keep his heat on in the winter. He only had about twelve different outfits that he rotated through.

Shi*.

“Syd…I only have a twenty with me…”

“Don’t worry about it.” She told him. She never had a problem with spotting him.

“You sure?”

“It’s fine.” She nodded.

“I’m sorry.” He stood up and slipped his coat back on. He didn’t want to leave her, heck he didn’t know why he was leaving. Part of him felt saddened over the fact that she was taken. It was like back in high school when he thought she didn’t notice him.

She stood up with him. She took out a pen from her purse and wrote her cell phone number on a napkin. He watched her as she scribbled on the cheap napkin. Her hair falling in her face slightly.

Call it an involuntary act. It was mechanical. His hand came up and he pushed the hair on one side of her face behind her ear. Sydney stopped writing and looked up at him for a brief moment.

“Sorry.” He told her. He blamed it on an old habit and she quickly waved it off with a smile. She dropped the pen on the table and placed the napkin in his coat pocket so it was safe.

“Don’t be such a stranger.” She told him. She laid her hand on his cheek and leaned up, placing a soft kiss on his lips quickly. Of course, he knew it was nothing more than friendly, although he wished it were something more.

“Take care of yourself, Syd.” He told her. He turned around and left before anything else could be said.

~**~**~**~

He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs softly as he thinks about seeing her again.

“So she kissed you?”

He looks up and is silent for a moment, taking in the question. “It is friendly, nothing more. Sydney would never do anything to compromise the relationship she’s in.”

She kissed me.

“You don’t even know what she thinks of her relationship with…” The shrink looks down at his clipboard. “…Jacob.”

F*** Jacob.

“I don’t have to, Sydney’s loyal. Even if she weren’t happy…she just…she doesn’t like hurting people. We’ve been through a lot of shi* together. I know her better than anyone, even if I just saw her for the first time in five years.”

Sydney wasn’t the one who was disloyal.

Defending Sydney always came very easy to him. It was like automatic, he didn’t even realize that he did it so much until Sydney thanked him once after some guy at the video store started hitting on her back before graduation.

“So you were in love with her at some point in your relationship?”

Michael looks up at his psychiatrist, but doesn’t answer the question.

Was I?

“Time is up.” Michael says. “I’ll see you next week.” He gets up and puts on his coat as he walks to the door.

“You should try giving her a call. It might help.”

Vaughn pauses with his hand on the cool doorknob. He never takes suggestions to heart, especially not those of people he disliked. He is stubborn, and he always will be.

He shakes his head softly before opening the door and walking out.

PM LIST:

Jen-Jen
Texasalias2004
Agentmoose
Vaughnshoney
Sydneyvaughn47
Mightylittleone
Rileylovesalias
Sydney_alias_vaughn
Poketrockets11
Wiseman
Vaughnsgurl4lf
Syd96
Leelow13
Nancy O
Aprilsfool6
Lifesmystery
Syd_kicks_serious_ass
Smartgirl2004
Batman
Alias*syd&Vaughn*
ASIOagent
Ams4alias
Sydneymicheal
Buckeyealum2000
Sarahmañana
Alwazabrat
Addicted 2 alias
Lovygirl
Aliasbub
Cai
Bubbles
Fieldstation
Meggy_18
Gregstar
Frangipani
Julesvartan

Luckylass
Aliasdancer007
Alias101freak
Syd_Vaughn
Freaky
Browneyedgirl
Superduck123
74aliaschickita47
Sydvaughn1001
~VartansGirl~
Emotionalrescue
Gucci_94
Blue_bird
Alias_mvjg
Crazy for alias
Vaughnlover15
Stealthy
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
[/color]

first and beat the pm

Wow, Kristina that was so well written. I love how you wrote what was going on in Vaughn's head, POV type is one of the best. I love this fic already in the two chaps you wrote so far! I can't wait for an update. Tuesday is going to be my new favorite day! ;)

ETA: And if theres an addict list, can you add me to it? Thanks.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I just had one of the worst days EVER! And I think that this chapter made is so much better! :hug:
I just love this...so much mystery but we're learning as the chapters go by what's really happening...OMV, you don't know how much I'm utterly in love with this story!!! I just love it so much!!! I don't think words describe what I feel when i read it!
Thanks for making the end of the day sooo much better! :hug:

Riley xoxo

Great update.. Feel so sorry for Vaughn tho.. He needs to call Syd. Her looking him up to me means she's looking for a way out of her relationship with Jacob.. I hope that's what it means anyway.

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

that was soo amazing Kristina, love it, poor Vaughn, Syd needs to leave Jacob, i love Vaughn's POV
great chapter
thanx for the pm
can't wait for more
update soon

:D

Back